View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 17:02   #1
gingergiant
Junior Member+

Can anybody help with info on Broad Oak info??

Hello,

New to the forum and not from these parts (Accrington that is)

Trying to help a family member who's researching our family tree and looking for some information on Broad Oak if anyone can help.

We've tracked back my great great great grandad to be William Dugdale who according to his death certificate was 'Scalded by hot water and steam from the explosion of the boiler flue' in October 1859 at Broad Oak.
We found a story about the accident in the Blackburn Standard from the 12th October 1859 but thats about it. Was just hoping someone might have some more information on the factory or the accident.
I know from looking on the web that there are / where alot of Dugdale's up that way and possible even one of the factory owners??(not that he's a relative) And this just make's it harder to track our family line.

Also I've seen mention on the forum of books by Mike Rothwell and just wondered if anyone know's where I could get a copy of Industrial Heritage: A Guide To The Industrial Archaeology Of Blackburn. Part One: The Textile Industry as I hope that will have lot's of interesting stuff about Broad Oak but it seems to be out of print and no luck on Ebay, amazon etc etc.

Thanks to anyone with any info or links they can help me with.

Cheers.
gingergiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web