View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 12:39   #1
winstanley asfc
Full Member+

Fleetwood Town and Andy Mangan

Our ex player scored twice yesterday for Fleetwood taking them five points clear of Wrexham having played a game more, meaning that automatic promotion is now in their own hands. If they come up do you think that they'll do well in the League, maybe even do a Crawley, or will they struggle? what do you reckon about Andy Mangan, he seems to be proving himself in the Conference, would he be "prolific" back in the Footy League, and how did you rate him when he was at Stanley?
I went to watch Fleetwood at home to AFC Telford about 5 years ago. When i say watch i meant that i got there only to find that the game had been rained off. Stanley were away that day so i thought i'd spend my afternoon by the seaside, so i set off in driving rain with my radio tuned into Radio Lancashire, listening for any match postponements. Nothing was mentioned along the journey, i reached the town and asked directions to the ground. I was greeted by info' to the whereabouts of their ground, followed by a "but it's been called off"(apparently at 1.30 yet no mention on the radio). I went to see how much rain was on the "Flooded pitch", it turned out that a puddle about 6 foot in diameter was the problem. Anyway, i bought myself a badge from the clubshop, and had a couple of pints in the clubhouse, talking to their supporters..they seemed ok!

BBC Sport - Tamworth 0-3 Fleetwood
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web