Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2007, 09:26   #16

Re: Volunteer Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
cos the annual income of the estate is only £5000, which ya would know if ya read it all.
Thanks pal, and our annual income is a lot less than that as 90% of the money we make is put straight back into conservation projects.

Any more volunteers ?
Chelmswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-12-2007, 09:29   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
cos the annual income of the estate is only £5000, which ya would know if ya read it all.

I earn more than £5k a year but I can't afford to buy quad bikes
Old 01-12-2007, 09:57   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I earn more than £5k a year but I can't afford to buy quad bikes
Nor can we, we rely on kind donations from Masey Ferguson and Yamaha.
Old 01-12-2007, 13:17   #19
God Member

Why does it matter if the estate has disposable income or not? Its a minimum of 4hrs a month, if people enjoy volunteering and the countryside then they wont mind not being paid, and its a good oppurtunity for people with no job prospects to get a bit of experience that will help them find a job.

You might not fancy helping because Estates tend to have plenty of wealth and it appears they're being a bit tight by not offering small wages, but they just want help maintaining the vast area of land they have acquired so that it stays nice for the people who enjoy using that land, which includes the public, not just the owners themselves.

If you dont like the job thats being described, just stop commenting on it so then other people have a chance to read the description and make their own minds up, instead of people just slating it just because theres a few spelling errors and its unpaid work! Some people LIKE unpaid work!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 13:22   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Why does it matter if the estate has disposable income or not? Its a minimum of 4hrs a month, if people enjoy volunteering and the countryside then they wont mind not being paid, and its a good oppurtunity for people with no job prospects to get a bit of experience that will help them find a job.

You might not fancy helping because Estates tend to have plenty of wealth and it appears they're being a bit tight by not offering small wages, but they just want help maintaining the vast area of land they have acquired so that it stays nice for the people who enjoy using that land, which includes the public, not just the owners themselves.

If you dont like the job thats being described, just stop commenting on it so then other people have a chance to read the description and make their own minds up, instead of people just slating it just because theres a few spelling errors and its unpaid work! Some people LIKE unpaid work!
There is a simple reason why I won't offer to help out. Since this person has person has started posting any requests for information about his 'organisation' are very secretive. Hopefully it's some kind of sect that carts off over opinionated teenagers
Old 01-12-2007, 13:26   #21

There are no secrets with regard to the estate if you have any questions just ask me.
Old 01-12-2007, 13:37   #22
God Member

can you answer my question in the other thread? I dont seem to be able to find anything on the chelmswood estate, only the family you named.

If you have access to maps marking out the boundaries of the Chelmswood estate then it'd be helpful to many people I should imagine.
Old 01-12-2007, 13:38   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelmswood View Post
There are no secrets with regard to the estate if you have any questions just ask me.

I actually said organisation not estate. What is your organisation, how is it funded, where is it registered, who owns it, what is it's purpose ? All questions you failed to answer on other threads. Forgive my cynical outlook but I find that if I can't find anything on google then it doesn't exist
Old 01-12-2007, 13:42   #24
God Member

Quote:
I actually said organisation not estate. What is your organisation, how is it funded, where is it registered, who owns it, what is it's purpose ? All questions you failed to answer on other threads. Forgive my cynical outlook but I find that if I can't find anything on google then it doesn't exist
That isn't NECESSARILY true, it just appears odd that there is no mention of Chelmswood estate linked with the King-Wilkinsons, but I'm sure it can be easily cleared up by the estate in some way.
Old 01-12-2007, 13:42   #25

Quote:
The Chelmswood estate trust which is the name of the organisation is unregistered as our income is too low to be recognised by the charity commision, the estate itself is a private estate held by the King-wilkinsin family of slaidburn. The estates aims is to protect and to preserve our rural heritage by actively preventing development work by safeguarding and becoming trustee to land throughout the county.
Old 01-12-2007, 13:52   #26
God Member

Quote:
The Chelmswood estate trust which is the name of the organisation is unregistered as our income is too low to be recognised by the charity commision, the estate itself is a private estate held by the King-wilkinsin family of slaidburn. The estates aims is to protect and to preserve our rural heritage by actively preventing development work by safeguarding and becoming trustee to land throughout the county.
Who is the Chelmswood Estate Trust managed by ?

You said in an earlier thread that you are a project manager. Is that not a paid position and how did you get the job ?
Old 01-12-2007, 13:53   #27

My actual position is HR manager however i was in charge of the Baxenden project and no i am not paid, However i do have my expenses reimbursed. I volunteered as a Ranger and gradually worked my way up, i have always been involved in the estate as we live on the estate and always have done as far as i am aware.
Old 01-12-2007, 13:54   #28
God Member

Quote:
I need to clarify this, is the estate an official estate acquired by the King-Wilkinson family by life-peerage? Because that was the initial impression I got but now I am confused!

I still want to do the volunteer work and everything but I'm a bit confused as to who I am volunteering to work for now that everybody has raised these questions.
Old 01-12-2007, 13:55   #29
God Member

When Chelmswood 1st posted in this forum they were asking about land near the coppice and were proposing to claim 'squatters rights' on it - naturally we are suspicious about their motives.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 13:56   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I need to clarify this, is the estate an official estate acquired by the King-Wilkinson family by life-peerage? Because that was the initial impression I got but now I am confused!

I still want to do the volunteer work and everything but I'm a bit confused as to who I am volunteering to work for now that everybody has raised these questions.
The Chelmswood Estate and the Chelmswood Estate trust are two different bodies, the estate alone was inherited by the King wilkinson family however the estate trust are the body responsible for its upkeep and are completely charitably funded.

The King wilkinson family makes no profit from the chelmswood estate.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..