Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2007, 17:15   #1

Volunteer Rangers

VOLUNTEER COUNTRYSIDE RANGERS REQUIRED

We are looking for willing volunteers living in and around the ribble valley area or who visit this area frequently to undertake voluntary ranger duties.

These include

Public liason
Site management
Public access managment
Public liason
Litter picking
Driving (Clean driving licencse is required)
First aid and safety duties

The ranger service is run by the Chelmswood estate, a private estate and is not a registered charity as our annual income is less than £5000 for those asking before.

Please contact me for more information.

Last edited by Chelmswood; 29-11-2007 at 17:17.
Chelmswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-11-2007, 17:27   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Volunteer Rangers

Do you get a badge.
Old 29-11-2007, 17:34   #3

You will recieve an ID card, and proof of identity which entitles you to free parking on estate grounds.
Old 29-11-2007, 18:09   #4

Oh yeah, and sorry i forgot to mention that due to the nature of the work undertaken volunteers will come in to contact with young children and vulnerable adults and as such a CRB check is compulsary along with a DVLA check if you wish to drive an estate vehicle on public roads.

DVLA checks arent required for driving quad bikes and other off road or agricultural vehicles however.
Old 29-11-2007, 20:13   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelmswood View Post
Oh yeah, and sorry i forgot to mention that due to the nature of the work undertaken volunteers will come in to contact with young children and vulnerable adults and as such a CRB check is compulsary along with a DVLA check if you wish to drive an estate vehicle on public roads.
That will cost you a bit if you get a few volunteers won't it ?
Old 29-11-2007, 20:23   #6
God Member

It's compulsory Dave.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 20:25   #7
Senior Member+

who pays for the crb's? they are £36.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 20:40   #8
Senior Member+

sounds too me , you want a goofer ? why dont you take people on as employees? by the way i wont be applying !!!
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 23:39   #9

Where is this place? And do you need a licence to ride the quads on the estate? Might be tempted providing its not too far away.
Old 29-11-2007, 23:47   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1 View Post
sounds too me , you want a goofer ? why dont you take people on as employees? by the way i wont be applying !!!
Some of us enjoy doing voluntary work. It gives us a warm glow inside.
Old 30-11-2007, 15:48   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Where is this place? And do you need a licence to ride the quads on the estate? Might be tempted providing its not too far away.
Work is generally undertaken on estate grounds in and around the forest of Bowland and Lancaster areas, sometimes extended to the estates farthest reaches of Settle and Yorkshire, and NO a license isn’t required to use a quad bike on estate grounds however as a volunteer you would be required to fill in a health and safety assessment before we could allow you to use them, which doesnt really take long, about five minutes usually.

There is a serious side to the work, however everybody likes a laugh.

Last edited by Chelmswood; 30-11-2007 at 15:50.
Old 30-11-2007, 18:57   #12

Would do it mate but think getting there may be a bit of an issue (i dont drive so would struggle to get there). Sounds the the kind of work i would really enjoy. Shame its so far away.
Old 30-11-2007, 20:40   #13
God Member

Hey I'm interested and live in lancaster area, if thats handy then give me a PM. I'm only a student and I cant afford to pay for the CRB though and dont have any experience in any of those titles except litter picking at school lol.

If there is anything in particular that'd give e a good bit of experience thats respectable towards my degree then I'd definatly love to be of help.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 23:03   #14
God Member

Yay, I'm going to be a volunteer, i cant wait! Its a bit strange being excited about unpaid work though I must admit, but this sounds really interesting!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 23:24   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1 View Post
cos the annual income of the estate is only £5000, which ya would know if ya read it all.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..