Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2007, 20:18   #61
Full Member+

Re: Volunteer Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelmswood View Post
We had been asked by a resident of Rising bridge who volunteers for the estate to find out about the area to the rear of the coppice and the land ajacent to the bypass. The estate suggested as a means for stopping the illegal activity occuring, procuring the land via adverse possesion and re-generating it to its former natural beuty.

Then opening it up to public access.
Actually there are public rights of way all across this land.
Old 01-12-2007, 20:19   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Mick View Post
Actually there are public rights of way all across this land.
The actual site itself is crossed by one footpath only and this is footpath 77 i believe which in accordance with policy will remain completely unaffected and undisturbed
Chelmswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 20:27   #63
Resident Waffler

How will it be unaffected and unchanged if you plan to fence off the land?

You did actually originally claim to be a registered charity. Now you are saying that you are too small to be registered.

Is it any wonder we are confused?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 20:31   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post

You did actually originally claim to be a registered charity. Now you are saying that you are too small to be registered.

The Charitys commission has a new registration rule that unfortunately did not comply with, regarding a minimum annual income of £5000.

And we arent fencing off the land just the areas that vehicles are accessing the site by.
Chelmswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 20:36   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post

There's a lot of confusion around if you ask me. none more so than job titles/description;

On 6th Nov;
Quote:
And this is my first project of its kind, i am a trainee estate Warden and was asked by the Estate manager to do this. Not my idea !!!
Today;
Quote:
My actual position is HR manager
Profile :
Occupation: I am the Attorney estate Manager for the Chelmswood and Kingwilkinson estate

Something just doesn't seem right about all of this
Old 01-12-2007, 20:37   #66
God Member

It stinks of SCAM to me too

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 20:38   #67
Resident Waffler

Lots of things don't seem right Dave.

Old 01-12-2007, 20:38   #68
Senior Member+

i am very very confused

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 20:42   #69
God Member

I think I'll print copies of this thread off and distribute them in the Slaidburn, Newton, Tosside, Holden areas and ask the local residents for references/opinions of the King-Wilkinson estate, see if they can throw any light on Chelmswood.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 21:38   #70
Resident Waffler

I wish someone could shed light on it. It's all becoming very confusing and complicated.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:09   #71
God Member

Very, very fishy indeed
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:32   #72
Full Member+

Quote:
Just for your information there are numerous articles in the Accrington observer about people using the land for sexual meetings, drug abuse amongst other illegal activities.
These stories actually concerned the Kings Highway at the Huncoat end and is nothing to do with Hameldon Hill. Perhaps you would care to clarify you statement?
Old 02-12-2007, 12:01   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

I dont see why people dont want to volunteer to help the countryside.
nothing wrong with that statement, its just that no buggar knows thats actually the case though. this guy is giving the vaugest of information, there is nothing concrete that can be verified, and you are jumping in on just what MAY be the case. it sure beats me,but good luck.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:37   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
nothing wrong with that statement, its just that no buggar knows thats actually the case though. this guy is giving the vaugest of information, there is nothing concrete that can be verified, and you are jumping in on just what MAY be the case. it sure beats me,but good luck.
Well the list of volunteer work roles he sent me BEFORE this argument broke out sounds innocent enough, its asking for litter pickers and people to speak to people who walk on the land the family already own. You dont have to tie yourself up in their attempt to obtain land to volunteer to do that.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:56   #75
Fra

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Well the list of volunteer work roles he sent me BEFORE this argument broke out sounds innocent enough, its asking for litter pickers and people to speak to people who walk on the land the family already own. You dont have to tie yourself up in their attempt to obtain land to volunteer to do that.
Blazey, may I ask if tree work and felling trees was included in the description you recieved?
Fra is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..