Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2006, 18:59   #46
Super Moderator

Re: My thoughts on yesterday (Hartlepool)

OK, everyone's had a whinge, chucked their toys out of their pram, ripped up their season tickets (metaphorically speaking) and (in Denise's case) practically read the last rites.

Now's the time to put it behind us and get back to supporting the team.

The question that's really bothering me now is...does anyone know of a really top notch chippy in Cleethorpes?
Old 20-11-2006, 19:08   #47
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
OK, everyone's had a whinge, chucked their toys out of their pram, ripped up their season tickets (metaphorically speaking) and (in Denise's case) practically read the last rites.

Now's the time to put it behind us and get back to supporting the team.

The question that's really bothering me now is...does anyone know of a really top notch chippy in Cleethorpes?
Amen to that Mr Harris. Where's Cleethorpes?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 19:10   #48
Super Moderator

All I know is it's 2 hours 40 minutes away from Manchester Piccadilly on a direct service. Roll on Saturday!
Old 20-11-2006, 19:24   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
All I know is it's 2 hours 40 minutes away from Manchester Piccadilly on a direct service. Roll on Saturday!

Its only 40 minutes accross the Humber Bridge from where I currently live but I have not been there since March 1975.

It was freezing then the wind blows straight in off the North Sea and the ground is right by it.
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 19:38   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
WE HAVE GOT A ROOF.. TWO IN FACT! There not hard to see.. they cover practically the full length of the pitch on both sides...

The crowds are down because we are on a losing streak.. it happens for every team in every league in every country..

Not rocket science is it..

well said kipax , happens everytime , the roof is not desperatly needed you do not need a roof to watch a football match and if thats why people didnt come then they are not a good supporter in my view

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 19:48   #51
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
well said kipax , happens everytime , the roof is not desperatly needed you do not need a roof to watch a football match and if thats why people didnt come then they are not a good supporter in my view

I think I once said something like that, now I can understand why I was wrong. But I respect your point of view.

I think people will have many reasons. I could have come to any number of games over the last month, but I didn't. On Saturday I set out with my hat in one hand and 13 quid in the other, I took a 80 mile round trip and got ****** wet through. I knew it was going to happen and I still wanted to come over, Will I do it again, yes. Do I think a roof will make a difference to me, no, do I think others might be put off, yes. do I think their not good supporters, No.

I do think we should push for, and embrace anything that might inprove our support. I also think that Mr Harris has made a good point though, maybe we should move on.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 20-11-2006, 21:36   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Cav - This is even more difficult, as Cav is a top bloke who will always give his all for the cause. He is just too slow. Everytime its the same. The winger beats him, Cav goes to ground and concedes a foul. I have no doubt he is a quality player, but surely Phil Edwards must be wondering what he has to do to get a game.
According to Sky, Cav could be out for 3 months: http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...ow+for+Stanley
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 21:41   #53
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I think I once said something like that, now I can understand why I was I also think that Mr Harris has made a good point though, maybe we should move on.
That's right, put it behind us, get over it and move on.

By the way, Doug, I expect to see you in a prominent position in the Osmond Stand on Saturday, giving useful advice to the referee on sex and travel.
Old 20-11-2006, 21:44   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Cav - This is even more difficult, as Cav is a top bloke who will always give his all for the cause. He is just too slow. Everytime its the same. The winger beats him, Cav goes to ground and concedes a foul. I have no doubt he is a quality player, but surely Phil Edwards must be wondering what he has to do to get a game.
You're completely right about Doherty but I do not agree with this point.
Cavanagh is one of two talismans for Accy (along with Paul Mullin). When he is not playing, the whole team loses a large amount of presence and it has a detremental effect to the game. For example, Andy Todd doesn't play half as well when Phil Edwards is playing at right back.
I hope Cav is back before too long, all the best to him.

In all fairness Hartlepool should have had five. I thought it was an overall distinctly average performance by us on Saturday, crap ref, crap weather, we'll get over it.
Clayton End were on top form with the vocals, never gave up.

Last edited by shakermaker; 20-11-2006 at 21:47.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 21:55   #55
Member.

Quote:
That's right, put it behind us, get over it and move on.

By the way, Doug, I expect to see you in a prominent position in the Osmond Stand on Saturday, giving useful advice to the referee on sex and travel.
I try my best, although I have to say that the bu**er we had on Saturday didn’t know which hand was for what.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 20-11-2006, 22:43   #56
God Member

i think we should lay off sean doherty as he gives the team an outlet when were under the cosh because the rest of the midfield seems out of sorts at the moment nobody seems to be moving into space i think we should try and get a holding midfielder becuase mullers seem to be trying to evrything eithr hes a holding midfielder or a striker he cant be everywhere at the same time thats why his form has dipped a bit its not his fault hes trying to be everywhere at the same time but dont worry it will click soon just in time for the bury game and then well go on another winning run when mcgivern blends in with the system ang goes on a scoring streak..i think cav has been playing with a slight injury thats why hes not being keeping up with the pace but dont worry phil edwards should fit in ok dont despair because we will survive good times will be back.i thought saturdays atmosphere was good even if it was raining it was quality not quantity even if we need quantity ...let the good times roll
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 08:36   #57
Senior Member+

Thats just it though, Sean Doherty hasn't been giving the team an outlet. Toddy has, Mully has even Craney has but Sean at times might as well be on a different planet. He just doesn't have the confidence in himself to get involved in games. Oh and the most likely reason for Mullys dip in form (is there one?) is that he isn't getting any service up to him apart from long balls from defence. Just at the minute there is a distinct lack of balls into the box. Toddy is trying his best but hes working on his own, when wingers work better in pairs.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 08:42   #58

Spot on Mr Harris, roll on Grimsby away
Old 21-11-2006, 12:07   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
According to Sky, Cav could be out for 3 months: http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...ow+for+Stanley
If this is true and Cav is out for 3 months, maybe all who have been doubting him recently will see how much we will miss him on the pitch. I've no doubt Phil Edwards will do an excellent job in that position, no qualms on that score but Cav's prescence as captain will certainly be missed.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 12:22   #60

It`s on the Stanley site now.
Out `til New Year with a knee injury courtesy of the Monkey hangers.
Harris out for 3 games for his spitting incident.
A rather costly match all round I`d say.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..