Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2006, 12:24   #61
God Member

Re: My thoughts on yesterday (Hartlepool)

Definately - I was really routing for Rochdale to beat them last night in the cup replay, unfortunately it didn't happen
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-11-2006, 12:29   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
A rather costly match all round I`d say.
very true apparently after this match coley and jimmy are clueless, eric doesn't know how to deal with transfers and the club will be here no longer in 2 years
Old 21-11-2006, 13:15   #63
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
If this is true and Cav is out for 3 months, maybe all who have been doubting him recently will see how much we will miss him on the pitch. I've no doubt Phil Edwards will do an excellent job in that position, no qualms on that score but Cav's prescence as captain will certainly be missed.
We didn't miss him last season when he was out injured - we won the league. As for Cav's prescence as captain - I have never seen him organise his defence, I have never heard him shout at anybody, in fact I have never seen him do anything a captain does except toss up at the start and receive trophys when we win them. I don't think he is inspriational as a captain at all. I am sure that Phil Edwards will fill in for him in defence and Mully will fill in for him as captain (he does exactly the same as Cav as captian - nothing). I think Craney should be given the job as captain - he is more of a leader than any of our players.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 14:57   #64
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
very true apparently after this match coley and jimmy are clueless, eric doesn't know how to deal with transfers and the club will be here no longer in 2 years
At least some of us have the balls to have an opinion on what might be going wrong instead of making sneaky comments. I don't give a fig what anyone thinks but IMHO in does not appear we have got the best of the Roberts loan/transfer.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 16:01   #65
God Member

Digressing slightly. What happened to Harry Cross's lads Bagpuss?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 16:05   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
At least some of us have the balls to have an opinion on what might be going wrong instead of making sneaky comments. I don't give a fig what anyone thinks but IMHO in does not appear we have got the best of the Roberts loan/transfer.

I have a view i just don't publicise my opinion on stuff which i know f**k all about, a few figures banded around in the papers and online and its now the gospel truth???

Last edited by John_Timmins; 21-11-2006 at 16:13.
John_Timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 18:12   #67
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Digressing slightly. What happened to Harry Cross's lads Bagpuss?
You've lost me please explain.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 21-11-2006, 18:14   #68
Accy Red

Quote:
I have a view i just don't publicise my opinion on stuff which i know f**k all about, a few figures banded around in the papers and online and its now the gospel truth???

We all have opinions and it doesn't matter whether it is based on true facts or not it's still your opinion so where did anyone say it was the gospel truth?

Old 21-11-2006, 18:22   #69
Resting in Peace

From the Hartlepool Echo report of the game:-

"The portable cabin which masquerades as the away dressing room"

When did we upgrade the dressing rooms then? I must have missed that.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 18:24   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
We all have opinions and it doesn't matter whether it is based on true facts or not it's still your opinion so where did anyone say it was the gospel truth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMonkey View Post
Let's look at the facts:
Roberts has virtually gone
We will not get a penny over £200,000
We need to get back to form, before we slip to far down the wrong end of the table

not just me and you on this forum
Old 21-11-2006, 18:28   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
You've lost me please explain.
'Tis a reference to your mate Jegsy Dodd (featured in your avatar). His group (back in the late eighties I think) was called Jegsy Dodd and the sons of Harry Cross.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 18:32   #72
Accy Red

Quote:
not just me and you on this forum
What can I say, Dan the Monkey is the man with the facts.

Old 21-11-2006, 18:38   #73
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
'Tis a reference to your mate Jegsy Dodd (featured in your avatar). His group (back in the late eighties I think) was called Jegsy Dodd and the sons of Harry Cross.
Sorry I was not with you I couldn't link Stanley with Harry Cross.

Old 21-11-2006, 19:10   #74

Saturday was a depressing day. Cold, bored and totally pis**d off by the less than adequate example of refereeing. What the hell was the liner doing going off the field ( call of nature?) or was he just bored as well. We played as a ramshackle collection of amatuers. What has happened to the team spirit? Todd is the only fighter in the team. Not impressed at all with the lack of tactical awareness from Mr Coleman.Trouble is, I'm a supporter so I will be there at the next home match, and we will start all over again.....silly init!
fettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 20:15   #75
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettler View Post
I'm a supporter so I will be there at the next home match, and we will start all over again.....silly init!
NO, IT'S NOT! What is silly is that we now have a football league club - something which dozens of towns, many bigger than ours, all over the country would give their eye teeth to have. And its progress is being thwarted because the vast majority of citizens of Accrington and district prefer to spend their Saturday afternoons shopping, in the pub or comatose in their armchairs. Now, THAT'S silly!

And, yes, I know it's a well-worn theme, but it's true!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..