Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2009, 08:10   #151
God Member

Smile Re: FAC vs Barnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Of course it was a penalty from your view - your team of dirty, fouling cheats were going out of the FA cup till the totally inept referee gave them a lifeline - wouldn't have minded a replay if it had been a fair result but this was anything but that - see you at Underhill
Put it like it is why don't you

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-11-2009, 08:43   #152
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: FAC vs Barnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton View Post
Just remind me again . . . WHICH football club do you support?
one who my dearest wish is that it improves ya clown,
Old 29-11-2009, 09:14   #153
Senior Member+

More serious than the mockery of the penalty, is that Miles gets a 3 game ban, whilst Grant and Kempson will miss 1 game for picking up 5 yellow cards. With a small squad, that's seriously crippling.
Old 29-11-2009, 09:19   #154
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
More serious than the mockery of the penalty, is that Miles gets a 3 game ban, whilst Grant and Kempson will miss 1 game for picking up 5 yellow cards. With a small squad, that's seriously crippling.

Really bad news with regards Grant & Kempson, hopefully Flynn can come straight into the back line and do a job. With Grant being out I hope Gary King gets another chance to impress.

As for Miles, we actually looked a better side with him not playing and 10 men yesterday
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 09:27   #155
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

hope they appeal against the sending off.
Old 29-11-2009, 10:01   #156

Smile Re: FAC vs Barnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
cooled down a bit now, still disgusted at the officials, but fer my money Symes well earned his M.O.M. and suppose every cloud has a silver lining- Dunsavin was injured.
Your not wrong there Cashman but there was a few players yesterday who were amazing. Jimmy was simply brilliant in midfield and Winnard had yet again another cracking game.

Did anyone see Winnards very shiney new Car parked over at the clayton end ? bet he was ****ting himself every time Barnet shot over the stand !!
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 10:09   #157
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Did anyone see Winnards very shiney new Car parked over at the clayton end ? bet he was ****ting himself every time Barnet shot over the stand !!
Yep, big blue powerful Nissan coupe with personalised plate. How old is he? Must be paying a fortune for insurance.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 11:37   #158
Senior Member+

Stanley no.57 in the draw today draw at 1555

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 11:44   #159
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Put it like it is why don't you
Well - had just calmed down from the injustice of the game and he wound me up all over again
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 13:54   #160
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton View Post
Just remind me again . . . WHICH football club do you support?
Forgot to say i support the one i pay good money to watch! and yerself Henry?
Old 29-11-2009, 14:01   #161
God Member

Watched the replay on redash's thread have to say Miles didnt protest about his sending off not a word but head in hands, think he was unlucky & normally a yellow would of sufficed.

We're no 57 in draw later, just hope we can really swat these bee's good and proper for being so jammy & forcing a replay when they were rubbish. Wonder who we will get?!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 15:07   #162
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Home to gillingham disapointed.
Old 29-11-2009, 15:27   #163
Senior Member+

Having watched the replay on ITV (only chance as I was working yesterday) I have to say, I hope Stanley do appeal against the sending off because it looked nowhere near deliberate. As for the penalty, that was the softest decision I have seen in years. They were complaining about the appeals at Pompey v Man Utd but that one at the Crown looked nothing like a penalty, cheat fell over looking for something and the assistant duly obliged. Worst decision making I have seen ever and I wasn't there. No wonder JC was apoplectic in the post match interview with BBC Radio Lancs

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 16:12   #164
God Member

Exclamation Re: FAC vs Barnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Having watched the replay on ITV (only chance as I was working yesterday) I have to say, I hope Stanley do appeal against the sending off because it looked nowhere near deliberate. As for the penalty, that was the softest decision I have seen in years. They were complaining about the appeals at Pompey v Man Utd but that one at the Crown looked nothing like a penalty, cheat fell over looking for something and the assistant duly obliged. Worst decision making I have seen ever and I wasn't there. No wonder JC was apoplectic in the post match interview with BBC Radio Lancs
He was far from apologetic in The Gazelle afterwards That ref wouldn't want to meet up with Coley again too soon.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 29-11-2009 at 16:15.
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 16:16   #165
Senior Member+

I was at the match and have watched the replays several tines in slow motion. Myles actually pulled out of the 50 - 50 tackle as usually does and jumped up to try to avoid contact but tne Barnet lad was coming through two footed. The only contact that Myles made was on the shin pads of ther lad. He did not appear to me to make any other contact. Their players did not seem to appeal for anything. The Ref simply got it wrong. Barnet first goal.. yes Symes was weaK at the post but their No 20 was fouling our new keeper in the centre of goal,, it should have been disallowed. Definately not a Pen .. Winnard had a super game.
V annoyed ,, Officials !!!!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..