Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2010, 21:15   #76
Full Member+

Re: Peter Cavanagh is Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
I'd have Cav back, Mango is back in football, after his ban and doing very well, I belive cav when he says he is innocent, he has served his time, bring him back, would be a good coach to our young defence aswell.

Our young defence seems to be doing perfectly well without Cavanagh. Bradford game took us into positive goal difference for first time since.......(c'mon statto people, help me out). Well done that defence. Missed Cavanagh ? No, I'm not a fan
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2010, 21:37   #77
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Not many spend a heap on appeals with a baby on the way, either.
Playing the sympathy card does not suit ya shaker, you aint a numpty, was he thinking happy families when he broke the rules n betrayed the club n the fans? even worse he was club captain.
Old 23-02-2010, 21:47   #78
Senior Member+

if he signs, the crowd should sing this as his new song

DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 21:53   #79
Junior Member+

Some fans seem to have developed extremely short memories and i dont think they realize the scale of the betting on the Bury Game? Just look at how many Stanley players were involved? At the players hearing the FA said they had serious concerns that the game may have been fixed? I think it is therefore reasonable to assume that some individuals made a considerable amount of money on the outcome of the game. Cav has unfortunately come to represent this and although he may have only been the tip of the iceberg he was never the less found guilty and i am sure the majority of fans would not want him back and the club should distance itself from any attempts to re-instate him.
Old 23-02-2010, 22:56   #80
Senior Member+

Yeah congratulations to Peter & his wife .....

Mason Cavanagh, Stanley's newest fan!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 09:20   #81

sorry for the spelling coming up......... he bet on stanley yes not onces two ..or more ... £5 yes .... if he bet 1p hes still bet on stanley. keep him away on the playing front.

Last edited by Stanleymad; 24-02-2010 at 14:44. Reason: Please dont swear family site!
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 11:08   #82
Junior Member+

Cool Re: Peter Cavanagh is Innocent

If he did come back I doubt any fans would actually leave Stanley but does he need Stanley more than Stanley need him? I think so.
russthemink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 11:10   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by russthemink View Post
If he did come back I doubt any fans would actually leave Stanley but does he need Stanley more than Stanley need him? I think so.
ya doubt wrong mate.
Old 24-02-2010, 11:29   #84
Senior Member+

I know for a fact a number of fans wouldent go if he was back.

I think even Coley has realised he relied to much on Cav & Robbie for too long, and they are Blue Square Premier players AT BEST.

I hope this thread gets closed to be honest as its bringing back some awful memories again of the darkest period in our clubs history.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 11:43   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I know for a fact a number of fans wouldent go if he was back.

I think even Coley has realised he relied to much on Cav & Robbie for too long, and they are Blue Square Premier players AT BEST.

I hope this thread gets closed to be honest as its bringing back some awful memories again of the darkest period in our clubs history.
smudgie me owd mate this thread should NEVER have been started IMHO.
Old 24-02-2010, 12:09   #86
Senior Member+

I agree mate.

Maybe it was done for abit of a joke, god knows.

I vote Admin to close the thread
Old 24-02-2010, 12:11   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I agree mate.

Maybe it was done for abit of a joke, god knows.

I vote Admin to close the thread
agree, would prefer deletion though.
Old 24-02-2010, 12:24   #88
Resting in Peace

It's Clitheroe for me if he is employed by Stanley again.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 13:36   #89
God Member

Quote:
This business with the gambling was a darker period than when David O'Neill was happy to let our club go bust (before Ilyas turned up at the court room)? Not on your nelly.

Seems odd that people are happy to go up Stanley while O'Neill & two of the Whalleys still swan about, but talk of Cav coming back and it's, "it'll be Clitheroe for me!". Nowt as queer as folk.

Anyway, Cav said last year that he'd never placed a bet on any game he'd been involved in. Some of us believed him. Some of us still believe him now as he continues to profess his innocence. We've shown support for him (and his family) in this thread and that's all it was for.

Calm down, calm down
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 13:40   #90
Senior Member+

In my opinion it was equally as bad.

Im NOT happy about DON, RH or EW swanning about at all and I have made that clear, I dont even know how they can show their faces around the Crown to be honest.

I dont understand how people can think he is innocent after he was PROVEN GUILTY BY THE F.A???!!!!!

The sooner this thread is gone the better to be honest

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..