Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2010, 11:54   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Peter Cavanagh is Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post

Also aswell whats wrong with second chances, look at Lee Hughes for example!!!![thats a great example as hughes was a west brom player when jailed, n they terminated his contract clown.

Bringing Cav back would be good for the team as hes a superb player and deserves his chance after all that he has done for the club!!!! Maybe people forget about his amazing captainancy!! Bringing him back also wouldnt bring the gates down at all, maybe 1 or 2, but if people arnt going to come because a player is coming back after serving his punishment then they arnt very loyal are they?!! [Think what ya like, but if he comes back i will not]

People do wrong in life and its the same for footballers. Bobby Grant and Ian Dunbavin have also brought shame on this club aswell by some of the things, we wouldnt not want them though?[ i agree with a second chance, but with another club if one will have him.]

Bring Cav back, im sure Coley will anyway!!
i would hope coley has n higher I.Q. than that.
Old 23-02-2010, 11:57   #32
Junior Member+

Whos that coming out of ladbrokes?
russthemink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 13:36   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i would hope coley has n higher I.Q. than that.
Yes and another club gave Lee another chance! Cav hasnt murdered anyone, he just put a £5 bet on, he still says it wasnt him. As for the clown, any need? I have my opinion like yours!! Your opinion isn't always right.

So if cavanagh comes back that means that you wont go to a stanley game until he stops playing for Accrington? Is that correct? I think that would be a bad decision to be honest!!

Why with a different club though? Its different for cav, he loves the club, he gave everything for the club as a captain , he captained us back to the football league, he loves the fans and most fans love him, he still follows stanley around the country and still gets in the dressing room!! It was a £5 bet, that he still says he didnt do, i think that to be honest is worthy of when hes done his punishment to come back if coley says so!!

Last edited by fc:stanley; 23-02-2010 at 13:44.
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 13:45   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Yes and another club gave Lee another chance! Cav hasnt murdered anyone, he just put a £5 bet on, he still says it wasnt him. As for the clown, any need? I have my opinion like yours.
i called you a clown fer yer comment about loyalty, i stand by that comment. £5 or £5000 is not the issue, he was found guilty like it or not, that therefore negates any chance of a return in my book.
Old 23-02-2010, 13:52   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
i called you a clown fer yer comment about loyalty, i stand by that comment. £5 or £5000 is not the issue, he was found guilty like it or not, that therefore negates any chance of a return in my book.
With the fact that hes still says it wasnt him, for the fact he captained us back to the football league, for the fact he loves stanley, for the fact that alot of fans still love cav, for the fact that hes a very good player and for the fact that even though he got banned he still got involved in the dressing room, i think he deserves another chance. Alot of people will agree with this, alot of people wont, but we will just have to see what coley does. I think he will bring him back!

Old 23-02-2010, 13:52   #36

keep him out ... only place for him is betting shop. with is pals
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 13:55   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well he would say that wouldn't he? many many prisoners in gaol always protest say they are not guilty, that is fact. do you honestly think most of em are telling the truth?
Old 23-02-2010, 13:59   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well he would say that wouldn't he? many many prisoners in gaol always protest say they are not guilty, that is fact. do you honestly think most of em are telling the truth?
Yes i can understand that, but i or you dont know that he isn't innocent, if he isn't hes still done his time and deserves to play football again, if he is innocent then he deserves alot of apologies! He even spent so much aswell on legal fees because he was so determined not to get banned. I believe Cav and wish him the best at coming back into football and hopefully with Accrington Stanley!!

Old 23-02-2010, 14:01   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

no ones saying he dont deserve to play again, can ya not grasp that fact, with another club, if one wants him.
Old 23-02-2010, 14:07   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
no ones saying he dont deserve to play again, can ya not grasp that fact, with another club, if one wants him.
Yes but he deserves to play for Accrington Stanley! Like many have said on the first page.

Old 23-02-2010, 14:20   #41

Quote:
Yes but he deserves to play for Accrington Stanley! Like many have said on the first page.
No he doesn't. It doesn't matter what he did or didn't do, he was found guilty and therefore to take him back would be a Google Page Ranking disaster. I also question that he is good enough for the current squad, which of Winnard and Lees would you drop ?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 14:32   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
No he doesn't. It doesn't matter what he did or didn't do, he was found guilty and therefore to take him back would be a Google Page Ranking disaster. I also question that he is good enough for the current squad, which of Winnard and Lees would you drop ?
Nail right on the head samf, some seem to let sentiment rule oer the big picture! i often wonder if these folk would be happier back in Non League.
Old 23-02-2010, 15:12   #43
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Yes and another club gave Lee another chance! Cav hasnt murdered anyone, he just put a £5 bet on, he still says it wasnt him. As for the clown, any need? I have my opinion like yours!! Your opinion isn't always right.

Why with a different club though? Its different for cav, he loves the club, he gave everything for the club as a captain , he captained us back to the football league
He put a £5 bet on the Stanley v Bury match. What about the bet he had on Stanley v Dagenham the following season ? Have you chosen to disregard that ? As for captaining us back into the Football League. He only played 23 games in the Championship winning season, so I would say that it was Mully who captained us back into the Football League. Let him back into football by all means, by the time his ban is up he will be good enough for Bamber Bridge, Burscough or with his pals at Marine, but he WON'T BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR STANLEY.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 15:14   #44
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Why?

If he cared about the club or indeed football he would have been a good boy.
Old 23-02-2010, 15:18   #45

Quote:
Yes i can understand that, but i or you dont know that he isn't innocent, if he isn't hes still done his time and deserves to play football again, if he is innocent then he deserves alot of apologies! He even spent so much aswell on legal fees because he was so determined not to get banned. I believe Cav and wish him the best at coming back into football and hopefully with Accrington Stanley!!

You need to take a look at Stanley in League two with and without Cav, facts show that we're better off without him as we're better off without Mully. Both great players and got stanley we're they are now but none of them are good enough to take us any further. Stop living in the past and think with your head and not your hearts. Next thing to bear in mind is that if you had a supervisor working for you who should lead by example and they went against your rules for their own gain, dragged your company name through the mud, would you honestly have them back?
neilhaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..