Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2010, 23:31   #106
Resting in Peace

Re: vs Newcastle Utd.

Poor old Jase was dragged away in handcuffs merely for trying to get the morons to go easy on the unfortunate fan being victimised. What a disgraceful end to a wonderful night. Appalling behaviour by stewards and police which was totally unnecessary. Arresting fans for enjoying themselves - what the hell is the world coming to? Whoever was in charge of the security operation should be sacked for allowing such sickening over-reaction.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-08-2010, 23:39   #107
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
That steward has been reported to the club and I will gladly pass his name to whoever wants it. It would be a disgrace if he ever stewards a game again.
Is he one of the regular Stanley stewards?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 23:41   #108
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Waiting for this thread to be closed LOL

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 23:50   #109
Roy
Administrator

This thread wont be closed. What went on was terrible mismanagement of resources. It can and will be discussed here. So that in the future it will not happen again.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 23:53   #110
God Member

Smile Re: vs Newcastle Utd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
This thread wont be closed. What went on was terrible mismanagement of resources. It can and will be discussed here. So that in the future it will not happen again.
Nice one Roy Good to meet you tonight!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 23:56   #111
God Member

Couple of photos from tonight. Video coming up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25082010205.jpg (413.5 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 25082010206.jpg (70.3 KB, 62 views)
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 23:57   #112
Senior Member+

the first picture how good does the clayton end look, wish it was like that every home game, just looks ace

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 23:57   #113
God Member

Thanks Shaker, cannot wait for the vid!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 00:01   #114

Immense tonight, As for the Stewards/Police, It's all been said, *******.
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 00:37   #115
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Thanks Shaker, cannot wait for the vid!!!!
It's taking ages...

it's only three minutes long!
Old 26-08-2010, 00:55   #116

Fantastic pictures there!
matthewm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 01:26   #117
God Member

Just seen the goals on Sky Sports News. Putterill's goal looked even better on the telly. And I bet Ryan Taylor couldn't put another in the top corner like that if he tried a hundred times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
the first picture how good does the clayton end look, wish it was like that every home game, just looks ace
Yeah sorry about the second photo not being of great quality, it's just a print screen of a part of the video. Just wanted a still of both the flags together.

Here's the vid. The first minute & half is skippable, except for the great introduction by Barry

Last edited by shakermaker; 26-08-2010 at 01:29.
Old 26-08-2010, 01:33   #118

I know nothing about football BUT, I went through to Accrington tonight and commented on the amount of Stanley fans and Newcastle fans all together talking away before the match. Everyone seemed well behaved as usual for a Stanley match. I couldn't believe it when I was coming home and the police were everywhere and an ambulance was sat outside the Crown pub. I wondered what the hell had happened. There's never any trouble at Accy Stanley. My first thought was the police were perhaps overloaded with adrenaline because Stanley were playing Newcastle. All the Newcastle fans I saw before the match were very well behaved and mixing with the Stanley supporters. I remember thinking on my way home, I must look at Accyweb to see what's gone on. I hope everyone is ok
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 07:13   #119
Junior Member+

You guys were a real credit to lower league football, the attitude of your manager and players was spot on and I thought you deserved abit better. We're a very lucky team this morning.

Admittedly, it wasn't our first team that played, not one of them started against Aston Villa, but you ran us very close, and should be proud of your achievements.
TonyNUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 07:25   #120
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNUFC View Post
You guys were a real credit to lower league football, the attitude of your manager and players was spot on and I thought you deserved abit better. We're a very lucky team this morning.

Admittedly, it wasn't our first team that played, not one of them started against Aston Villa, but you ran us very close, and should be proud of your achievements.

Do you reckon Ameobi & Ranger would be pushing for a first team place if they knew that you play football better on your feet rather than spend most of it sat on their backsides or led on their backs ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..