Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2010, 22:15   #91
God Member

Re: vs Newcastle Utd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Coley has just cracked me up big time on sky sports news, when asked was he happy with the performance he said -No not at all we coulda played much better, i sure hope hes right, the lads were great.
Didnt get to hear his comments but he was looking dour.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-08-2010, 22:17   #92
Senior Member+

Having just got back from the game, what a credit to Accrington the players and management were. And it was nice to see the Newcastle players and management and supporters applauding the Stanley fans at the end of the match. BUT why oh why did the Clayton Enders keep throwing till roll when enough announcements were made NOT to do it and why did someone not wade into the Whinney Hill away stand when United fans were throwing tennis balls on to the pitch. JB thought Stanley could have played better, but holding a Premiership reserve side with a number of first teamers in to 3-2 and could easily have been 3-3 although to be fair, Newcastle hit the post late on as well. I am proud to be a Stanley supporter tonight. What an excellent advert for the club.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 22:26   #93
Senior Member+

Regarding the so called announcement, you cant hear the PA in the clayton end, we couldnt hear 50-50 draw numbers. Anyone know what the numbers where?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 22:26   #94
God Member

Still beaming at what was an excellent nights entertainment. The lads were quite magnificent in my opinion, the ultras two big flags and the display were brilliant ( and I ain't a big fan of the ultras as a group) but tonight I was proud to have em, well done lads and lasses.

Pity the police spoilt it at the end

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 22:35   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Still beaming at what was an excellent nights entertainment. The lads were quite magnificent in my opinion, the ultras two big flags and the display were brilliant ( and I ain't a big fan of the ultras as a group) but tonight I was proud to have em, well done lads and lasses.

Pity the police spoilt it at the end

Why is it your not a huge fan of the Ultras ? I have only been going to the Stanley for about 2 years but must say that they provide more atmosphere to the ground than all the other stands put together. Flags are waved, chants are started and if im not mistaken i think its the Ultras that organise the fancy dress away day. I have heard negative comments about the ultras off other people and really cant see where they are coming from ? Am i missing something from the past that i dont know about ?

Fantastic job lads keep up the good work thats what i say......
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 22:46   #96

when i was leaving the ground! one of the officers on a horse charged at a stanley fan close to me! nearly ran into me! human rights?! i question the police sometimes! no need for that at all, we didnt do anything wrong!
Old 25-08-2010, 22:46   #97
God Member

for the record:

FACT Stanley fans are well known for stopping behind after the game and singing until at least the players come out for their warm down.

FACT stewards and a couple of police were trying to encourage Stanley fans to leave. They didn't.

FACT stewards and police had hold of a Stanley fan holding the big flag on a stick (Spanish flag) and asked him to put it down whilst they had a word. At which point he was then manhandled towards the exit.

FACT /That is what prompted a number of fans to surge forwards and try to throw protective arms around a fellow fan being aggresively treated for no reason. At that point I went in to try to pull people away who were on the verge of being arrested/thrown out/manhandled themselves. I then saw, right in front of me and missing me by millimetres, one steward throw 3 punches at a fan, that is when it started to get silly. That steward has been reported to the club and I will gladly pass his name to whoever wants it. It would be a disgrace if he ever stewards a game again.

There are two sides to every story, as always, but in my honest opinion (and I hadn't really had a drink before hand) the whole thing was brought about by one pillock in particular throwing needless punches. Beyond that, whoever made the decision that riot police were needed (and incurred the club pointless fee's) needs their own head examining.

I wouldn't apportion any blame whatsoever on the police. They can only act upon information given to them, and probably did so accordingly. But it was all blown out of so much proportion its unreal.

From half five until quarter to ten tonight was one of the best nights I've ever had the priveledge to witness whilst wearing my Stanley shirt, for ten minutes it was ridiculous. I never again want to see LOCAL POLICE (who should via intelligence know us better) drawing batons on the Clayton End.

DICKHEADS
Old 25-08-2010, 22:47   #98
God Member

The display from ultras was amazing those big flags were quality as usual they didn't disappoint and all worked very hard indeed, credit were credits due on the visual effects.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 22:51   #99
God Member

Extremely proud.

We gave a fantastic account of ourselves on and off the pitch.

Ultras, you are brilliant.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 22:53   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The flags n atmosphere was great, missed the crap that happened afterwards,I hope the club act on that stewards behaviour.
Old 25-08-2010, 22:56   #101
Senior Member+

I disagree. It was the police in riot gear who made the call very vocally to 'clear the stand, just get em out'.
To witch the police totally unorganised where waving batons, swearing at fans, proding fans and turning a blind eye to a steward throw 2 punches.
As the crowd where pushed outside they had 3 horses obstructing the exit!

I was shocked at the ammount of police, did the club make any money from the game?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 22:59   #102
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I wouldn't apportion any blame whatsoever on the police. They can only act upon information given to them, and probably did so accordingly.
Sorry Rob, can't agree. It doesn't take five officers, two horses and eight blues to take down one Red who doesn't know what the chuff is going on. The behaviour of a couple of the officers and them Frankie Dettori wannabes was disgraceful.

I can't understand why police can't separate exuberance from football violence.

Nevermind. It doesn't belong here. I'm extremely proud of the job done tonight by Lew, John, Jimmy, Andy Parkinson, Ian Dunbavin and all the lads on the pitch. The Ultras were superb. Just a magnificent job.

Good craic with the toon in the Crown as well.

On Stanley On.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 23:02   #103
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

about 1 hour before the game Police were all lined up across Livingstone Rd near the whalley rd end, looking hard, we commented how un-necessary n pathetic it looked,a bunch of us were walking down wi some geordie fans n we all agreed. exactly WHO is this ridiculous level of policing down to?
Old 25-08-2010, 23:10   #104
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I disagree. It was the police in riot gear who made the call very vocally to 'clear the stand, just get em out'.
fair do's, I tried to observe as much as I could from where I was (somewhere near the middle ). Like I said, as far as I believe the police can only act on information given, and if they are asked to intervene, or if the one or two think they need to intervene, then they all pile in and "clear the stand" is probably a standard order - and they did.

Im further defence of them, I saw two coppers drag a steward (unfortunately not the one who I reported) over the wall and make him leave the area.

Having said that and defended them, there were numerous issues that could be taken. But as far as I'm concerned the blame all lies with the stewards. They panicked at nothing and waded in, at which point even fans with no banning orders or limited arrests, will react.
Old 25-08-2010, 23:22   #105
Senior Member+

Tonight was magic, my game at the crown ground this season as being away at sea since may, but i just loved the atmosphere the ultras make, all the flags, the red/white card on the main stand, everything, the players and the management should be very proud of what went on tonight, thought we gave a great account for ourseleves, am sure a few players will have taken the eye of a few managers, good to see bobby grant there aswell, shows he still cares about the club, what went on after the game was madness and i agree with what everything macca said, ultras/fans always stay behind, we never cause trouble home or away, too many stewards and police spoil the party.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..