Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2010, 07:32   #121
Junior Member+

Re: vs Newcastle Utd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Do you reckon Ameobi & Ranger would be pushing for a first team place if they knew that you play football better on your feet rather than spend most of it sat on their backsides or led on their backs ?
At the end of the day mate, Ameobi and Ranger aren't good enough for our current first team. We have Carroll upfront, with Nolan just slotted in behind him.
TonyNUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-08-2010, 08:46   #122
Resting in Peace

From The Geordies:-

"Accrington Stanley should take a bow for their approach to the game. Their play belied their lowly league status and they can be proud that they really took this one to the wire. Without the interventions of Tim Krul, the scoreline could have been a lot different.

Their supporters too, should be complimented for the constant noise throughout and for a particularly pleasant gesture in hanging a Sir Bobby Robson flag up in tribute. That kind of welcome doesn't always occur when the big boys come to town.

And so Newcastle make their way into the 3rd round draw for the Carling Cup. Most people connected to the club feel concentration on the league is paramount. But after such a long wait for silverware, the romantics amongst the supporters are surely already dreaming of a trip to Wembley?

Krul 9, R Taylor 7, Ferguson 7, Tavernier 6, Kadar 8, LuaLua 8, Donaldson 7, Vuckic 6, Ranger 8 Ameobi 6, Lovenkrands 6
Star Player

Read more: Newcastle United - Tim too Krul to be kind to Accrington "
That their goalie got top marks says a lot. Mind you, they are also full of praise for our Ian!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 09:10   #123
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good report that n as one who has criticized bavs big time, he gets credit fer a damn good performance last night, he has improved much this season, i hope he maintains this. perhaps the fact we now have a goalkeeping coach has made the difference? whatever reason well done bavs.
Old 26-08-2010, 11:41   #124
God Member

Agree, Cashy, about Dunbavin. He's silenced this critic with his display last night. Thought all the team were great; periods of Stanley's play were top-draw, with quick and purposeful passing. Coleman & Bell, purveyors of football talent, have done wonders (again) in the space of a few weeks.
Biggest disappointment of the night was the strip Newcastle chose to wear; seems like you shed all traditions when you get amongst the premier product-shifters.
Roll on Oxford, another club Stanley have never played before.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 12:16   #125

Great battling performance. The reds gave their all to the very last kick of the game.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 14:50   #126
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Agree, Cashy, about Dunbavin. He's silenced this critic with his display last night. Thought all the team were great; periods of Stanley's play were top-draw, with quick and purposeful passing. Coleman & Bell, purveyors of football talent, have done wonders (again) in the space of a few weeks.
Biggest disappointment of the night was the strip Newcastle chose to wear; seems like you shed all traditions when you get amongst the premier product-shifters.
Roll on Oxford, another club Stanley have never played before.
Gotta say after much thought i reckon it was the best display ive seen since Walter Galbraiths side, back in the mists of time.
Old 26-08-2010, 14:55   #127
Full Member+

I'll go along with that, Cashy. I really think we've got the makings of a brilliant side.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 18:48   #128
Senior Member+

I would just like to mention that last night I was sat next two Stanley supporters from Norway, which was nice to see. They certainly enjoyed both the game and the atmosphere.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 19:13   #129
God Member

I brought my mate lastnight to his first Stanley game he said it wouldn't be his last!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 20:26   #130
Senior Member+

newcaslte lads i know who watched it on sky said the commentator was consistently using derogative terms regarding accrington and asfc?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 20:33   #131
Senior Member+

Well a fantastic night all round.

Ultra's brilliant yet again. Bobby Robson flag really was 1st class.

Proud Proud night to be a stanley fan.
Brilliant to see the Geordies applauding our fans and team as they left the field.

As for the incidents that took place after I cant comment as I left after applauding the team off, but sounded like a disgrace.

Fair enough the paper rolls got abit silly in the 2nd half but no need for what happened.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 20:36   #132
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Well a fantastic night all round.

Ultra's brilliant yet again. Bobby Robson flag really was 1st class.

Proud Proud night to be a stanley fan.
Brilliant to see the Geordies applauding our fans and team as they left the field.

As for the incidents that took place after I cant comment as I left after applauding the team off, but sounded like a disgrace.

Fair enough the paper rolls got abit silly in the 2nd half but no need for what happened.
Thats the thing smudge, n odd knobhead, gives the MAJOR KNOBHEADS n excuse.
Old 26-08-2010, 20:59   #133
Senior Member+

cashman

the till roll throwing had nothing to do with the police and steward reaction five minutes after the game had finished.

Say what you want about the till roll throwing, but they are seperate incidents. Seperated by at least 40 minutes!

And just for the record, people where told to throw the till rolls into the goal so they would leave an effect with the roll hanging down, not 1 till roll hit Krul or Dunbavin.

The police reaction, inability and stupidity is inexcusable. Just like the Leeds bouncers/stewards will one day get a good hiding, so will those coppers and stewards. What comes around.goes around; bad things happen to bad people.
Old 26-08-2010, 21:02   #134
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
cashman

the till roll throwing had nothing to do with the police and steward reaction five minutes after the game had finished.

Say what you want about the till roll throwing, but they are seperate incidents. Seperated by at least 40 minutes!

And just for the record, people where told to throw the till rolls into the goal so they would leave an effect with the roll hanging down, not 1 till roll hit Krul or Dunbavin.

The police reaction, inability and stupidity is inexcusable. Just like the Leeds bouncers/stewards will one day get a good hiding, so will those coppers and stewards. What comes around.goes around; bad things happen to bad people.
know they are separate, also know how these knobheads operate n they will use any excuse to have a pop at fans.
Old 26-08-2010, 21:06   #135
Senior Member+

cashman
agreed.

the police will make up or twist an old rubbish to justify there actions.
wouldnt it be refreshing if they held their hands up and admit the force they used was disproportionate?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..