Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2011, 20:23   #61

Re: Season Tickets - 2011/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister Onymfo View Post
The club has to find £32K per month to pay the tax man. After we have paid them we can start paying every body else. if the average gate receipt per person is £10 (takes into account consessions) the club takes £32000 at the gate on a reasonable average game. Do the maths we can't afford to give away entry to the gronud . We play 23 home games during a nine month period and then there is a 3 month lull where there are no revenue opportunities people still need paying during this period.

The only thing that suprises me about the season ticket prices is that people are suprised at the increase. It isn't like getting a season ticket in April/May is a new idea, surely most of you knew you would have to have a couple of hundred quid put aside around this time in anticipation of season tickets coming up for sale?

In my experience of following the club away, many other clubs make a charge to go in their sports bars. Unless I am mistaken the Crown is still run by the club isn't it that will still bee free entry I assume.

I am glad I am not involved in running or financing the club because after reading this it would appear that the majority of people in Accy think the place is a charity. Especially all the free loaders who turned up on Tuesday night and who won't be seen again until the next freebie.

We nearly went bust 18 months ago because people will not pay the going rate to see Accy play, it is tragic.

I would pay to see this group of players playing 5 a-side on Highams. Get real everyone and get ypuour hands in your pockets and support the club you love (its only the oprice of a few pints)
Aren't we all!!
Let's leave to IK, hopefully do a much better job than you can, judging by your post!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2011, 20:23   #62

You are missing the point, There are about 70-80,000 people in the Hyndburn area 1600 of them watch Stanley regularly so whats that ? Call it 2% of the population and of that 2% there only appears to be me who can see the absolute necessity of raising the ticket prices. WE WILL GO BUST IF WE DON'T. I repeat Stanley is not a charity (it needs it)
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 20:25   #63
God Member

Major point to ADD people forget the enormous generosity shown by Stanley supporters and the borough WHEN the club needed financial help, in the SOS campaign, the efforts ALL fractions of supporters efforts in promoting and raising funds for the club. So please have a little respect when people are shocked by the increase in prices at times when supporters incomes are not great either, lets get real here as much as we understand the clubs plight the club have to understand their position within a not well off catchment area. Also why make the same mistake as we did when we came upto the league, listen to the supporters, ie the utter cheek of the club charging for the clubhouse is ludicrous especially when OSC had donated to the re~decoration of the sportsbar which came from the SUPPORTERS in the 1st place, something osc could re work on ensuring supporters get to use facilities to benefit supporters (wow I think I've found my answer re osc), sorry others mentioned it but think recognition where it's due, we also have our exhibition boards back and could make the clubhouse more of a feature to bring general people back to the club! Think the club should be talking more with it's supporters now ownership is dealt with to ensure club-fan relations so threads like this don't end up having to spell stuff out -- off soap box!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 20:26   #64
God Member

Crikey the AccyWeb lynch-mob is in full swing tonight! It's been a while
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 20:26   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Since when have we had 3200 gates?
Based on the figures quoted it wouldn't make a jot of difference in the actual financing of the club. The real money for financing the club comes from Football League money and Commercial funding, the latter of which is a major funding loss at the moment.

Rob Heys statement on the fishy site says what difference the gate size really means :

Quote:
"Finally although admission charges have risen, as a club we are now in a great position in that we are able to guarantee supporters that the money that they invest in the club by coming to watch a game of football will all be spent on taking the club forward, either by developing our facilities or improving our team."
I think the previous poster has a bee in his bonnet about 'foreign' fans
Old 07-04-2011, 20:28   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
It's the teams fault, they keep winning so there's been nowt to complain about
Old 07-04-2011, 20:31   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
It's the teams fault, they keep winning so there's been nowt to complain about
Exactly. The last time I remember a hoo-hah like this it was the Conference-winning season, before that the FA Cup-run
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 20:31   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I dont think people have a problem with a price increase, we all probably expected a rise of a possibly £40 on the early bird prices but an increase of £100 to find in 23 days is a bit more difficult. Nobody has said it is a new idea to renew in April either so I dont understand what point you are trying to make The price increase will have the opposite effect of what the club need, less people will turn up. Surely getting more bums on seats helps increase overall money into the coffers via merchandise, programmes, beer sales etc.
Exactly! Excuse the pun hahaha I did notice that the programs went down really well on tues night (programs were at normal price) I'm sure adele could confirm, sellers were being harranged for programs but it's exactly the point, use the gate/ticket as a little loss leader grabber once in - hooked, 50-50, progs, merchandise offers for next game etc

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 07-04-2011, 20:33   #69

Quote:
You are missing the point, There are about 70-80,000 people in the Hyndburn area 1600 of them watch Stanley regularly so whats that ? Call it 2% of the population and of that 2% there only appears to be me who can see the absolute necessity of raising the ticket prices. WE WILL GO BUST IF WE DON'T. I repeat Stanley is not a charity (it needs it)
C'mon, mate, lots of us on here appreciate, & accept the need to increase ST prices, &, TBH, we'll all be here next season.
What we can't accept is the premium cost to be able to enter the bar (OUR BAR) at half time.
Plus, most of your comments don't somehow ring true.
I'm sure you are a smashing bloke, with the interests of Stanley at heart, but I am sorry, but your post has riled not only me, but others as well.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 20:33   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
You need to get your head straight pal a lot of people have done a hell of a lot for this club and you are insulting every last one of them.
I am asking where are the people who turned up when entry was subsidised. Not the 1600 regulars or those who give their heart and soul, both past and present. I'm having ago at those who only come near the place when there is something in it for them.

Surely everyone can see that the club cannot afford to give away entry into the ground. The season tickets have been underpriced for far too long. When we play well people come and some come back. When we subsidise matches people don't return once the cheap deal is over
Old 07-04-2011, 20:34   #71
God Member

Quote:
I think the biggest complaint on this thread is the clubhouse charge not the season ticket price.
Old 07-04-2011, 20:34   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
You all just want to keep me busy .... The quiet spell was boring haha, tho I think we did really well for not moaning not even over blades of grass lol

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 07-04-2011, 20:39   #73

Also I realise 1600 x £10 does not make £32000. Well I did ask you to do the maths.

We still don't make enough money from the games.

Last edited by Minister Onymfo; 07-04-2011 at 20:40. Reason: spelling - again
Old 07-04-2011, 20:42   #74

Quote:
I am asking where are the people who turned up when entry was subsidised. Not the 1600 regulars or those who give their heart and soul, both past and present. I'm having ago at those who only come near the place when there is something in it for them.

Surely everyone can see that the club cannot afford to give away entry into the ground. The season tickets have been underpriced for far too long. When we play well people come and some come back. When we subsidise matches people don't return once the cheap deal is over
Perhaps with all thats happened really in the last week people thought they might give the club another try ? Anyway I'm sure the all ticket games will put quite a few of those off going again this season so you can be happy with your core 1600 again !!!!
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 20:43   #75

If appear (ahem) somewhat narked it is because people seem oblivious to the fact that the club needs millions of pounds to run at this level, and the level has a good chance of being another notch higher next season. If we aren't prepared to pay for it then who are we expecting to pay for it?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..