Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2011, 18:46   #46
God Member

Re: Season Tickets - 2011/12

Who out of you complaining about being unable to use the sports bar have actually used it lately? Only joshing!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
I might be a little thick, but, having read & reread the 'brochure', I still think a little clarification is called for.
I think that's it. It just needs clearing up.

Perhaps they (the commercial folk) want to direct the masses to the Crown? Just an idea.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2011, 18:50   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

it would also have been good sense to publish "Turnstile" prices fer next season surely? not very professional.
Old 07-04-2011, 19:13   #48
Senior Member+

The Gazelle lounge is no longer called the Gazelle lounge it changed earlier on this season to 'The Founder Members Lounge'. They may well be changing it again but I can't see it!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 19:31   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Who out of you complaining about being unable to use the sports bar have actually used it lately? Only joshing!!!!

I think that's it. It just needs clearing up.

Perhaps they (the commercial folk) want to direct the masses to the Crown? Just an idea.

But we can't go in the Crown at half time!

In fact, there are a lot more places we could go to for a pre-match drink, rather than the over-crowded Crown.

Last edited by KiTChener; 07-04-2011 at 19:35.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 19:39   #50
God Member

I reckon its going to be £15 pay on the gate by working it out like this
If you divide the full price of £285 by £15, that comes to 19
theres 23 home games so that means you have got 4 free
pay early and you save £30, thats the other 2 free games
it says on the brochure "up to 6 free games"

Could be wrong though

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 19:39   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
it would also have been good sense to publish "Turnstile" prices fer next season surely? not very professional.:rolleyes:
Since when did Accy & professional appear in same sentence? Apart from players, of course!
Old 07-04-2011, 19:43   #52

The club has to find £32K per month to pay the tax man. After we have paid them we can start paying every body else. if the average gate receipt per person is £10 (takes into account consessions) the club takes £32000 at the gate on a reasonable average game. Do the maths we can't afford to give away entry to the gronud . We play 23 home games during a nine month period and then there is a 3 month lull where there are no revenue opportunities people still need paying during this period.

The only thing that suprises me about the season ticket prices is that people are suprised at the increase. It isn't like getting a season ticket in April/May is a new idea, surely most of you knew you would have to have a couple of hundred quid put aside around this time in anticipation of season tickets coming up for sale?

In my experience of following the club away, many other clubs make a charge to go in their sports bars. Unless I am mistaken the Crown is still run by the club isn't it that will still bee free entry I assume.

I am glad I am not involved in running or financing the club because after reading this it would appear that the majority of people in Accy think the place is a charity. Especially all the free loaders who turned up on Tuesday night and who won't be seen again until the next freebie.

We nearly went bust 18 months ago because people will not pay the going rate to see Accy play, it is tragic.

I would pay to see this group of players playing 5 a-side on Highams. Get real everyone and get ypuour hands in your pockets and support the club you love (its only the oprice of a few pints)
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 19:51   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister Onymfo View Post
Especially all the free loaders who turned up on Tuesday night and who won't be seen again until the next freebie.
Is this another attempt at encouraging the floating supporter

It wasn't free anyway it was £5
Old 07-04-2011, 19:58   #54

League 2 2011/12 Matchday prices

Adults - £16 (£15 if bought before match day)
Concessions - £11 (£10 if bought before match day)
Students and U16's - £6 (£5 if bought before match day)
Under 12's - £1 (free admission for Junior Redz members)

Might as well not bother with the season ticket I'll easy miss 5 games a season and even if I didn't the saving doesn't warrant having to shell out so much up front. Top that off with the fact that on the day promotions will undoubtedly occur at least twice next season and my reward for getting a season ticket would be >£25. Had a season ticket for the last 3 years despite not being able to get to most of the matches it will be a shame.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 20:04   #55

Experience has shown it is actually a statement of fact, We let people in for free against Torquay in our first season back in the league. Where have they been for the last 5 seasons. My point stands alot of people think Accrington Stanley is a charity for their benefit alone.
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 20:08   #56

Quote:
The club has to find £32K per month to pay the tax man. After we have paid them we can start paying every body else. if the average gate receipt per person is £10 (takes into account consessions) the club takes £32000 at the gate on a reasonable average game. Do the maths we can't afford to give away entry to the gronud . We play 23 home games during a nine month period and then there is a 3 month lull where there are no revenue opportunities people still need paying during this period.

The only thing that suprises me about the season ticket prices is that people are suprised at the increase. It isn't like getting a season ticket in April/May is a new idea, surely most of you knew you would have to have a couple of hundred quid put aside around this time in anticipation of season tickets coming up for sale?

In my experience of following the club away, many other clubs make a charge to go in their sports bars. Unless I am mistaken the Crown is still run by the club isn't it that will still bee free entry I assume.

I am glad I am not involved in running or financing the club because after reading this it would appear that the majority of people in Accy think the place is a charity. Especially all the free loaders who turned up on Tuesday night and who won't be seen again until the next freebie.

We nearly went bust 18 months ago because people will not pay the going rate to see Accy play, it is tragic.

I would pay to see this group of players playing 5 a-side on Highams. Get real everyone and get ypuour hands in your pockets and support the club you love (its only the oprice of a few pints)
Sorry, mate, this is an insult to 99% of us.
Please re-read your post, & amend if you think differently.
Old 07-04-2011, 20:10   #57
God Member

Quote:
My point stands alot of people think Accrington Stanley is a charity for their benefit alone.
If the cap fits wear it, you didn't complain about the charity of other fans in November 2009. Perhaps those of us have Stanley as a second club should leave you to it
Old 07-04-2011, 20:12   #58

Quote:
Experience has shown it is actually a statement of fact, We let people in for free against Torquay in our first season back in the league. Where have they been for the last 5 seasons. My point stands alot of people think Accrington Stanley is a charity for their benefit alone.
You need to get your head straight pal a lot of people have done a hell of a lot for this club and you are insulting every last one of them.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 20:13   #59

Quote:

Since when have we had 3200 gates?

Seems like Guantanmo bay is not kept up to date on local football news!!

I would also pay to see 'em on Highams, but that is never gonna happen in my lifetime!!

Last edited by KiTChener; 07-04-2011 at 20:17.
Old 07-04-2011, 20:22   #60
bdc

Quote:

)
I dont think people have a problem with a price increase, we all probably expected a rise of a possibly £40 on the early bird prices but an increase of £100 to find in 23 days is a bit more difficult. Nobody has said it is a new idea to renew in April either so I dont understand what point you are trying to make The price increase will have the opposite effect of what the club need, less people will turn up. Surely getting more bums on seats helps increase overall money into the coffers via merchandise, programmes, beer sales etc.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..