Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Oswaldtwistle (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f103/)
-   -   Harvey Street Youth Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f103/harvey-street-youth-club-46229.html)

magpie 17-03-2009 15:32

Harvey Street Youth Club

:mad:The noise level that comes out of there when the youth club is on is ridiculous:
Local people have made several complaints.... nothing gets done:

I am talking just loud... I mean really loud:
Don't know what the youth leaders are doing .... but they are not doing their job:

I have seen kids drinking and smoking outside.... and judging by the used condoms found in the alley way ..... they are not dancing the Hokey Cokey ( still they are taking precautions) well done:

and they wanted support for an alcohol free pub ...... don't think so::mad:

Lilly 17-03-2009 15:37

Re: Harvey Street Youth Club

I picked my son up from the scout hut last night and was shocked to hear this noise coming from the nearby youth club.

What a racket! No way should it be so loud, there's no need for it.

If you live near there you have my sympathy, that would drive me mad. :mad:

garinda 17-03-2009 15:38

Sorry to hear that.:(

Have you tried getting help from your local councillors?

Also there's the Enviromental Office at H.B.C., who deal with noisey neighbours, whoever they are. Their details are on the link below if you haven't alreeady tried them.

A to Z of services - Pollution control - noise

magpie 17-03-2009 15:42

yes we have sent letters and the like..... so in the end you sort of just give up to it:
I know one of the leaders come on this site... so maybe He / She ...will see that people are not happy....

garinda 17-03-2009 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpie (Post 693317)
yes we have sent letters and the like..... so in the end you sort of just give up to it:
I know one of the leaders come on this site... so maybe He / She ...will see that people are not happy....

If you got no joy from Enviromental Health I would try your councillor. If you are in St. Andrews ward, Peter Britcliffe will be your councillor too. Don't wait on the off chance someone sees your troubls on here, call him. I know people who have and he will do everything he can to help.

As a ward councillor he's very good. I've no complaints there.:D

Give it a try. His numbers on the link below.

Councillors - Peter Britcliffe

jaysay 17-03-2009 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 693320)
If you got no joy from Enviromental Health I would try your councillor. If you are in St. Andrews ward, Peter Britcliffe will be your councillor too. Don't wait on the off chance someone sees your troubls on here, call him. I know people who have and he will do everything he can to help.

As a ward councillor he's very good. I've no complaints there.:D

Give it a try. His numbers on the link below.

Councillors - Peter Britcliffe

Wish I'd have seen this thread earlier as Martin the Youth Leader was in my place at lunch time, will give him a bell tomorrow and ave a word

Taggy 17-03-2009 17:40

Magpie has just emailed PB John so hopefully will get looked into! It is bad, ive seen and heard for myself!

Best Regards - Taggy

flashy 17-03-2009 17:44

Reece asked me a few weeks ago if he could start going to that youth club, i'm ever so glad i said no

magpie 17-03-2009 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 693386)
Reece asked me a few weeks ago if he could start going to that youth club, i'm ever so glad i said no

I have been in the near area from three years now... and I personally would not want to send any of my kids there..... make of it what you will: its not just the noise.... it the whole thing:

and yes I know not all kids are the same and a few ( althought there are more than a few ) spoil it for the others....

flashy 17-03-2009 18:04

i didnt know anything about the place so thats why i didnt let him go, we dont even live in Ossy, some of the kids in his year at school go so thats why he asked to go

Ossywarrior 18-03-2009 00:45

amazing how the local community wanted the youth club but now its noisy and they cant hear eastenders.... people complain, where else are they supposed to go ?

MCR ADIM 18-03-2009 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ossywarrior (Post 693555)
amazing how the local community wanted the youth club but now its noisy and they cant hear eastenders.... people complain, where else are they supposed to go ?

My thoughts aswell, if they were on the street making alot of noise, maybe damaging property, than you would all say well there is no where for them to go! Now thier is they complain it noisy etc. I know which one i would rather have.

magpie 18-03-2009 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ossywarrior (Post 693555)

Well half of them are not in the centre…. They are on the streets drinking, smoking and also copulating in the back alley….
I have no objection to the youth club : However they should keep the doors shut if they insist on playing music at the level they do:
We are not talking loud , we are talking VERY LOUD at levels , whereby if it was a pub it would be shut down….

magpie 18-03-2009 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR ADIM (Post 693575)
My thoughts aswell, if they were on the street making alot of noise,
They are out on the street and they are making noise:

maybe damaging property,

They are damaging property.... used condoms and beer cans... fences kicked in ( oh their cctv does not cover down the alley .... the little darlings said it would invade their privacy )

than you would all say well there is no where for them to go! Now thier is they complain it noisy etc.

I know which one i would rather have.

Not next door to you... you would'nt.... you try putting a six year old to bed at 19.00 with the noise that comes from there....

or sitting out in your garden in the summer with thump thump thump.... scream moan moan.... ( maybe pleasure moans ) who knows....

churchman phil 18-03-2009 09:51

Where's a PCSO when you need one?? Surely this should be in their remit??