Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2011, 07:07   #16
God Member

Re: moorend chippy

in those days people had better immune systems because they where exposed to more 'dirt', nowadays people get picky at the slightest thing, therefore not enabling themselves to be exposed to ANYTHING, its a load of bull if you ask me, it's like kids playing out and getting dirty and their parents fretting over it....so 'kin what? let them get dirty, it builds their immune system up, we have a nanny state in more ways than one now and that really pees me off

ok rant over
Old 19-04-2011, 08:40   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
in those days people had better immune systems because they where exposed to more 'dirt', nowadays people get picky at the slightest thing, therefore not enabling themselves to be exposed to ANYTHING, its a load of bull if you ask me, it's like kids playing out and getting dirty and their parents fretting over it....so 'kin what? let them get dirty, it builds their immune system up, we have a nanny state in more ways than one now and that really pees me off

ok rant over
Bang on shaz,plus the fact folk ate more natural food wiout all the crap n additives, that dont help either.
Old 19-04-2011, 08:59   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:

ok rant over
Absolutely spot on Shaz, if your not exposed to germs you never build a resistance to them. Although Asthma has been about for a long time (its only recently over the last 20 years or so that doctors have been diagnosing it) modern day living of central heating and wall to wall carpeting certainly hasn't helped, but the reintroduction of boarded floors is a step in the right direction
Old 19-04-2011, 19:48   #19
God Member

my asthma was diagnosed 35 years ago when i was 2 months old, central heating dries your throat up making it harder for you to breathe, thats why i hardly ever have mine on
Old 19-04-2011, 21:44   #20
Give, give, give member

How much for a fork?

I really need one.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 22:19   #21
God Member

Gaz, list all the chips ever sold at Moorend chippy for me.....why? Because i'm interested in the history of the Moorend chip
Old 20-04-2011, 08:22   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Gaz, list all the chips ever sold at Moorend chippy for me.....why? Because i'm interested in the history of the Moorend chip
Maybe your a "chip" of the old block Shaz
Old 20-04-2011, 08:48   #23
God Member

how dare you say i'm like mi dad how very rude

Old 20-04-2011, 09:05   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
how dare you say i'm like mi dad how very rude

Old 21-04-2011, 10:15   #25

mmm its a fair good chippy but didnt like the hands comment. grim.

I love the one near the foxhill pub towards the bottom of union road - he's only been in it about 8 month but he's lovely and his foods very fresh and he even does a haggis shaped blackpudding in batter mmmm delish xxx

- Look in the mirror before you start to judge others -
Lancashire Lassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 20:38   #26
Bee
I am Banned

Moorend Chippy is opposite the old Moor End Post Office (Bargains 4U).
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 21:24   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Well thanks for that info Bee.. saves me going on wikipedia...ooer hang on.. can you tell me what time the traffic lights turn green on the pedestrain crossing you told us about?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 21:51   #28
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post

No it isn't.

It's further up, and ROUND THE BEND.

Get your facts, and your blocks right.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:00   #29
Bee
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Well thanks for that info Bee.. saves me going on wikipedia...ooer hang on.. can you tell me what time the traffic lights turn green on the pedestrain crossing you told us about?
Very, Very fast Mancie.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:13   #30
Resting in Peace

To be honest I don't think your real bee, you must be just a figment of somebodies alter ego

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..