Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2011, 08:57   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Oswaldtwistle on line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossygobbin View Post
The new Oswaldtwistle website is up and running --the Old one went down with loads lost here is the new Address for the site

Wish folk would say to me if they have anything to SAY

MIKE ossygobbin
Hi Mike, the site looks very good, just had a quick look will spend a bit more, especially the rolling gallery, some old friends on there

all the best

JDF
Old 30-03-2011, 09:07   #17
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossygobbin View Post
The new Oswaldtwistle website is up and running --the Old one went down with loads lost here is the new Address for the site
http://oswaldtwistle.shutterfly.com/

Wish folk would say to me if they have anything to SAY

MIKE ossygobbin

Had a good look at your new site last weekend.

Looks good, and still very interesting.

Shame a few of your old photographs were lost.

Keep up the great work.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 15:12   #18

new website address and new look

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
Anyone from ossy visited this forum, seems a shame that no one seems to post on there, still everyone is posting on Accy Web
http://www.oswaldtwistle.co.uk/nuke/index.php
Hi everyone my website ( Life and time of Oswaldtwistle ) as a new Address and new look also you can make your self's a Member if you want too

the new Address is ( http://oswaldtwistle.shutterfly.com/ )

with a all new look as well and much better to work round for me so come and have a look pass it on a round to anyone you may think will like to have a look thanks Mike......ossygobbin
Old 24-04-2011, 15:21   #19

Thanks to everyone who as been to look at the new website and fed back you have given me there will be more to come I'm just having time out right now after a busy few week putting the new one back together I hear there is going to be some sort of sports day at rhyddings Park so I'm going for that one def something to mark down for ossy

all the best Mike.....ossygobbin
Old 11-05-2011, 10:45   #20

mmm... Gobbinland now has its own site but it's not about the Bottom End or West End or Stanhill, it's just about Gobbinland and Gobbins. Ossy Gobbin, I visited your old site many times in the past but thought that it had become extinct. I hope your new site does well. Hopefully we can co-exist peacefully! Gobbinland.com has a slightly different focus I think. The aim is to photograph all Gobbinland and then people can add comments about every house or shop or whatever, therefore building up a history of the place. Also anyone can login and post their own photos, so they won't need me to do it for them. Hopefully a younger Gobbiner will continue it when I'm totally past it (not far off )

People can also post tales about Gobbinland and Gobbins. A gobbin was a cob of coal, but also means the spirits of children and miners who starved to death when times were hard. These Gobbins come and protect us while we sleep, slipping nice thoughts into our dreams so we wake up feeling good. Anyone who can remember their dreams of the Gobbins or has tales about Gobbinland can post them at Gobbinland.com. Advert over
Gobbiner17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 18:27   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobbiner17 View Post
mmm... Gobbinland now has its own site but it's not about the Bottom End or West End or Stanhill, it's just about Gobbinland and Gobbins. Ossy Gobbin, I visited your old site many times in the past but thought that it had become extinct. I hope your new site does well. Hopefully we can co-exist peacefully! Gobbinland.com has a slightly different focus I think. The aim is to photograph all Gobbinland and then people can add comments about every house or shop or whatever, therefore building up a history of the place. Also anyone can login and post their own photos, so they won't need me to do it for them. Hopefully a younger Gobbiner will continue it when I'm totally past it (not far off )

People can also post tales about Gobbinland and Gobbins. A gobbin was a cob of coal, but also means the spirits of children and miners who starved to death when times were hard. These Gobbins come and protect us while we sleep, slipping nice thoughts into our dreams so we wake up feeling good. Anyone who can remember their dreams of the Gobbins or has tales about Gobbinland can post them at Gobbinland.com. Advert over
Site looks good

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 18:59   #22

Thanks Park381, first feedback I've had, glad it didn't break :-)
Gobbiner17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 19:11   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobbiner17 View Post
Thanks Park381, first feedback I've had, glad it didn't break :-)
No problem, a lot of hard work must have gone in to designing and publishing the site.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 14:09   #24

the life and times of oswaldtwistle is a beautiful site.

well done.

the pictures are lovely.

spread the word

- Look in the mirror before you start to judge others -
Lancashire Lassie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..