Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2004, 20:50   #1
Roy
Administrator

Arrow Wheelie bins, recycling..

Having just moved to oswaldtwistle I'm a little confused. I can't see anyone with wheelie bins or recycle boxes. I thought ossy was part of hyndburn and thought that everyone had the same rules. The other day it was bin day and all that seemed to happen was everyone went and put black bin backs at the end of the back alleys.. A right mess it was!! So, can anyone confirm what the deal is up in ossy?
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2004, 21:34   #2
mez
God Member

Re: Wheelie bins, recycling..

mabe some parts hvnt got them yet
Old 04-08-2004, 22:17   #3
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I live in the Peel ward under the coppice and we haven't got wheelie bins yet. Bin day is tomorrow and I've just put the bags out and it looks like the rubbish tip has come to my house, I really do hate cats, they serve no purpose except to rip the bags open.
Sorry Roy but not everyone has wheelie bins yet but I heard yours will be delivered at the end of the month.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 07:39   #4

I live in the same area Bagpuss (Plantation St side) and also dont have wheelie bins. Just put our bags out this morning, always in the morning in an effort to limit the damage the bastard feline menace can do, apparently freshly chopped mint sprinkled around the offending area will keep cats away - cant be arsed to try it myself though. I dislike cats too, especially the way they try to outstare you and when they cant be bothered anymore they narrow their eyes and look away with an air of aloofness.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:33   #5

Our cat is called Millie and she just loves people !.
accyplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 09:48   #6
Senior Member+

I live in the milnshaw area and we only have the blue box's and the paper sack no wheelie bin as yet.
Old 05-08-2004, 19:19   #7
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyplus
Our cat is called Millie and she just loves people !.
Bet she loves ripping bin bags open too.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 20:37   #8
Senior Member+

I noticed when I was home at christmas that my Dad used, as he called it, a proven method to shift cats, his size 10 boots and they fly so well when you connect.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:50   #9

Our millie says even humans have a down side !.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:10   #10

My god - a talking cat! Ask her if she and her coven can stop scrounging in bin bags, stop dropping dead animals in my front yard and basically stick to ****ing in their owners yards/gardens.

I'd never kick or shoot at a cat in all honesty - its just they annoy the hell out of me.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:28   #11

Our millie is not a member of a coven,she does not scrounge,(she is well fed) as for
as dead animals I presume you mean rats and mice,we dont have that kind of vermin
in our area.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:41   #12

However she does **** in other peoples gardens/yards?

I've had dead frogs, dead birds (not always whole), dead voles, dead shrews.....you are never more than six foot away from a rat.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:20   #13

Page 8 Accy Observer I suppose milllie and her little chums are to blame for this mess!.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:34   #14

Don't be silly - even your talking cat couldn't possibly lift a mattress! Cats do rip hole s in bin bags though and it adds to the mess, although I agree that people are obviously responsible for the large majority of other mess. With regards to the bag full of nappies with maggots in it that had been left for months - why had it been left for months, that is the responsibility of the bin men I'm afraid. Mattresses, furniture, washing machines no, ****ty nappies in bags yes, what else are you supposed to do with them - flush em down the loo?!

Tipping in back-alleys is a pet blood-boiler of mine - around my area (Peel ward) there wasn't a problem until private landlords starting moving DSS cases in. It used to be that people lived in an area for years any therefore had respect for the surrounding community and their neighbours, these people aren't there for long and so treat it like a dumping ground.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:42   #15

Millie lives in the peel park area to (oh dear).

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..