Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2005, 18:36   #1
Senior Member+

You all gone to sleep

Well then it would seem all the "Ossy" lot are sleeping off Christmas & New Year
I thought this forum could prove interesting, lots of local topics to discuss but .........................where have you all gone.
park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-01-2005, 21:35   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: You all gone to sleep

Probably posting in other threads until suddenly a new topic occurs to somebody.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 21:48   #3
Senior Member+

Fair comment, just thought everyone was still suffering from the over eating/drinking of christmas and new year People from "Ossy" seem shy though
Old 09-01-2005, 23:16   #4

im from ossy but mainly use the other boards not much seems to happen on this one but then again thats ossy for you nothing ever changes ,stay away from a pub for a cpl of years then go back same people in the same seats .Ossy seems to have gone downhill just look at the shops compared what was there 10-15 year ago as for teh ossy mills personally cant see the appeal from last time i was there a lot on sale looked tacky and overpriced
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 07:48   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit
im from ossy but mainly use the other boards not much seems to happen on this one but then again thats ossy for you nothing ever changes ,stay away from a pub for a cpl of years then go back same people in the same seats .Ossy seems to have gone downhill just look at the shops compared what was there 10-15 year ago as for teh ossy mills personally cant see the appeal from last time i was there a lot on sale looked tacky and overpriced
I don't think thats true, theres plenty of boose shops.take aways, an hairdressers.In fact the Council have just given approval for yet another take away As for Ossy Mills, that has brought additional employment to Ossy, may be you think the stuff on sale is tacky, but there are always coach loads of visitors, an car parks are always full.
Old 10-01-2005, 17:27   #6

wont name the take aways but most arent fit for a stray dog to eat in as in unmentionable things found in the food and its been proved and a few fined .Went to a chippy last week after waiting over ten minutes for my food even though there was only me and one more in the place i came home to find the chips barely half done threw the lot away wont be going again . Also by shops i meant at one point we had two co ops a well stocked toy shop etc now it all seems off licenses and take aways/hang outs for teens . Have you seen the state of the fire station went past over xmas kids had ripped a few of the boards off which had been put on as most of the windows have been smashed and there was quite a few of them inside the place no doubt drinking, taking pills etc .Ossy is on its way downhill it might look nice to outsiders as it probably is about the best place in hyndburn to live but ive no intention of been stuck round ossy for the rest of my life .On a lighter note im starting to sound like one of the old gits off harry enfield , see this is what ossy does to you
Old 10-01-2005, 18:00   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit
wont name the take aways but most arent fit for a stray dog to eat in as in unmentionable things found in the food and its been proved and a few fined .Went to a chippy last week after waiting over ten minutes for my food even though there was only me and one more in the place i came home to find the chips barely half done threw the lot away wont be going again . Also by shops i meant at one point we had two co ops a well stocked toy shop etc now it all seems off licenses and take aways/hang outs for teens . Have you seen the state of the fire station went past over xmas kids had ripped a few of the boards off which had been put on as most of the windows have been smashed and there was quite a few of them inside the place no doubt drinking, taking pills etc .Ossy is on its way downhill it might look nice to outsiders as it probably is about the best place in hyndburn to live but ive no intention of been stuck round ossy for the rest of my life .On a lighter note im starting to sound like one of the old gits off harry enfield , see this is what ossy does to you
Yep you got it in one, and your council have just given permission for yet another take-away in Ossy (see the post on Ossy take-aways) In one councillors words "I don't see what difference one more will make" this comment was to the parking problems
As for the Fire Station, yes it is a mess,but the Police have it in hand, so they say, monitoring the problem, what about "Peel Court" the former LCC Home for the Elderly, that will finish up the same way as the Fire Station, who would buy a thing like that, supposedly not knowing what they are going to do with it, thats what the "Observer" says. Wait and see, could be a complete demolish, and re-build as ...........you tell me cause its a prime site, right in the centre. But how long is it going to stand like that, a complete eye-sore.Nice to know that you think Ossy is just about the best place in Hyndburn to live.............think I'll be making tracks soon
Old 10-01-2005, 19:50   #8

you only need to look at house prices in ossy and how they ve risen and also how long from going on sale to being sold to realise its the most sought after place in hyndburn as for the old folks home i used to live very close to it and its a disgrace the way it is at the moment have heard rumours about it being completely rebuilt but will believe it when i see it . On the good points of ossy the people behind improving the foxhill bank have done a great job shame the council couldnt do the same . I have shown pics on the ossy website to others online from oall over the country and they ve all said it looks really nice round here didnt tell them though them pics dont show the half of it , looking over the haslingden old road when it snows or in summer or round rhyddings park or the foxhill bank it does look nice . As for what you said about the police in ossy they couldnt control a bunch of 5 year olds it seems they are actually scared of the youths out round the streets drunk every weekend and are more interested in pulling cars for petty offences .After someone tried breaking in my house this xmas i rung them and asked if they could call round new years eve with me being out just to check all i got was sorry they couldnt but if anyone did try again to give them a ring and they d be round in minutes or from previous experience about half an hour with ringing 999
Old 10-01-2005, 20:05   #9
Senior Member+

Will go along with Foxhill Bank an the Top road, but not Rhyddings Park, I think it suffers from a lack of basic maintenance, even the Main Front Gates are locked, why cause the council won't repair them. Residents have stopped going in to the park due to the abuse they get from the yobo's that are the youth of today. As far as the police go, they tell us they are doing their best, but like you say they put more effort in to petty car offences.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..