Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2011, 14:56   #16
I am Banned

Re: Snooker tables

Groove once got a 147 break at Rileys snooker club at the bottom of Ormerod.st
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-06-2012, 02:01   #17

They moved to padium in either 83 or 84 CD Pearce moved there at the same time same company and all that
accypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 14:17   #18
Junior Member+

I recall EJRs on Dale Street in Accrington many moons ago before they went to the top of Meadow Street. My brother-in law worked for them for many years Served his time there. Freddie Wallace was his name. Another guy I knew who worked for them was Chris Lonsdale. I worked for Alan Spencer the Builder who had his complex at the rear of EJRs
ocuana1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 19:29   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocuana1939 View Post
I recall EJRs on Dale Street in Accrington many moons ago before they went to the top of Meadow Street. My brother-in law worked for them for many years Served his time there. Freddie Wallace was his name. Another guy I knew who worked for them was Chris Lonsdale. I worked for Alan Spencer the Builder who had his complex at the rear of EJRs
Do yeh know what year they moved up yon? was defo before 1970, cos i worked on Dale St then, n it was Stevens @ Mercers, who made 3 pc suite frames fer Pierces to upholster, they were next door on dale st, But E.J.Rileys were all part of same firm then. Can remember top of meadow st being the Pioneer, but that was 50s early/mid 60s?
Old 25-12-2013, 19:40   #20
Junior Member+

rileys moved to padiham 9th april 1984

winifred
WINIFRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2013, 19:55   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocuana1939 View Post

I think you are confusing two different firm and thinking they were one. I don't think EJs were ever in Horne St near the Iron Bridge.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2013, 14:55   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I think you are confusing two different firm and thinking they were one. I don't think EJs were ever in Horne St near the Iron Bridge.
I think that they moved into the Pioneer building but can't come up with a date
Old 27-12-2013, 18:55   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Just seen this, E.J.s were in Horne St, which was the Pioneer Works, I actually Got a lift from Bash yon wi George Best, who was after directions yon, he was going to buy a snooker table. happy days. first time i'd ever been in n E-Type Jag. Thats a story n half i'd forgotten about, but one or two members on here are aware of it.
Old 10-02-2014, 20:52   #24

what year was the 147 break ?
andynlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:01   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andynlisa View Post
What instance do yeh mean?? There was many 147s well before the first televised break, That i think would be Cliff Thorburn?
Old 12-02-2014, 18:18   #26

He still is a top bloke and came to play at Accrington Golf Club a couple of weeks ago for the Paul Hunter Charity along with a few more snooker pro's and we all had a great time
Old 12-02-2014, 18:26   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
What instance do yeh mean?? There was many 147s well before the first televised break, That i think would be Cliff Thorburn?
The FIRST instance OR TELEVISED MAXIMUM was Steve Davis in the 1982 Lada Classic.......
Old 12-02-2014, 18:29   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
What year was your 147 Groove ? I played for the team and dont remember it whilst I was there
Old 12-02-2014, 19:13   #29
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
thought you would have changed hands at 99.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 21:35   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Quote:
The FIRST instance OR TELEVISED MAXIMUM was Steve Davis in the 1982 Lada Classic.......
Fair enough, yeh aint said what instance yeh was referring too.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..