Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2006, 18:21   #1
Senior Member+

DVD Burners!

We just bought a dvd burner and have fitted it, hopefully, in the right place!! I've gone into control panel and tried to load a new device. Nothing seems to be happening. Do I need a special programme disc? Someone please help before Žim idoors throws his teddy out of the pram x
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2006, 19:39   #2

Re: DVD Burners!

Did you not get some driver software with it? It's usually on CD-Rom.

If you didn't just do a search for "Driver for ******" where ****** is the make and model of burner.
Old 08-03-2006, 23:31   #3
God Member

its a bit late but does the dvd burner show in device manager? just asking because I fitted 2 nic cards the other day and I was expecting the usual..new device found in windows, but it had just installed them without all that.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 00:15   #4
Senior Member+

Thank you both for your replies.

Number one problem was that I don't really 'do' hardware and number two problem was having to buy stuff from Spanish speaking people!!

I did sort of suspect that there was a problem with the connection as my computer didn't recognise the new hardware. Anyway, a friend turned up earlier and sorted it for me, it needed a different sort of cable thingy.

Thanks again for helping x
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..