Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2005, 14:08   #1
I am Banned

Error reports

I keep getting error reports nearly most of time i close something down either on IE & yahoo, i send for error reports but nothing much improves it, any ideas whats going on or how to stop them?

Thanks in advance
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-10-2005, 14:15   #2
God Member

Re: Error reports

<flippent mode on>
Ahh thats cause you run Windows!

</FM>

There is no point in sending error reports to M$. If its happening enough for them to take any notice there will be thousands of othere doing it for you. You could try using a different browser. Try Firefox or Opera for a much nicer, securer, experience
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 14:18   #3
I am Banned

Ahh so im wasting my time with that, whats firefox?
Old 17-10-2005, 14:18   #4
Resting in Peace

you can turn error reporting off in xp but not sure how entwisi will now
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 14:23   #5
Roy
Administrator

For firefox see my signature
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 14:27   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy
For firefox see my signature
Thanks Roy so do i have to delete IE or will firefox takeover, as presuming IE is the problem
Old 17-10-2005, 14:30   #7
Roy
Administrator

You don't need to delete ie, just download and install firefox and when firefox starts it will ask you if you want it to be the default browser, select yes.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 14:32   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Thanks Roy so do i have to delete IE or will firefox takeover, as presuming IE is the problem
I'll let you be the guinea pig with Firefox Mel but let me know how you find it and whether its 'idiot proof' in my case because you know what I'm like!
Old 17-10-2005, 14:35   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy
You don't need to delete ie, just download and install firefox and when firefox starts it will ask you if you want it to be the default browser, select yes.
Thanks Roy i will give it a go because i cant be doing with my pages needing to close for error all the time specially on Accyweb, so hope Firefox goes ok
Old 17-10-2005, 14:36   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
I'll let you be the guinea pig with Firefox Mel but let me know how you find it and whether its 'idiot proof' in my case because you know what I'm like!
LMAO!!!!!!! im a techy guinea pig & let you know if its easy peasy for ya LOL
Old 17-10-2005, 14:52   #11
I am Banned

Right ive downloaded it & see how i go with it, though will have to familiarise myself seems ok though & least no pesky error messages lol
Old 17-10-2005, 14:57   #12
I am Banned

How do i rid the separator of free hotmail customise links etc bar underneath the address bar or is that permanent or can i fill it with things i use?
Old 17-10-2005, 15:24   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
How do i rid the separator of free hotmail customise links etc bar underneath the address bar or is that permanent or can i fill it with things i use?
I sussed it just takes some getting used to
Old 17-10-2005, 18:25   #14
Junior Member+

Quote:
you can turn error reporting off in xp
Click Start | Run and type "msconfig" without the "" and click Ok. In the new box click on the Services tab, look down the list for Error Reporting and remove the tick from the check box next to it. Click Apply then Close. Next time you reboot it will be disabled.

But I agree with the others. Use Firefox or even Opera now it's free.
pointdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2005, 10:40   #15
God Member

I've been playing with Opera(on Windows at work and Linux at home) for a month or so now. I'm actually quite impressed. It has all the lovely bits of FF(Tabbed browsing, mouse gestures etc) and seems to be wired a bit more like my brain(which is a very strange and dark place).

For all those thinking of changing to FF there are some nice tutorilas showing you how to get the most out of it. Have a quick Google(thats the box in teh top right Oh and you can switch it to search eBay etc if you click on the logo of the search engine )
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..