Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2006, 10:47   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Help! I've got myself a friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Ahhh, Well Kate, you see that’s what happens when you participate in gossip, how wrong could you be? I think the young lady ask for some help as to the local history of the area in which she lives and perhaps a little advise as too her new friend.

That’s all that’s being offered. These things can be a little daunting, if not frightening. I think people being able to talk about these things is terribly important particularly if you’re going through an experience like this alone, the disappointing side to these type of open discussions is when people are ridiculed or the subject is gutterised, that’s when people stop talking and end up dealing with these situations alone, unnecessarily.
Is this your way of making me feel reeeeally bad Doug ?? Seems you may have double standards yerself a little as you sometimes are the main culprit of turning a serious thread into one big laugh.

It was bound to attract some sort of opposite response as lots of people on here do not believe in such 'hauntings' and your explanations and help do seem a little extreme and mirthful, and scare her more really. Anyway, I think it will turn out to be something completely innocent .. and make up then ?

Last edited by katex; 22-12-2006 at 10:52.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2006, 11:11   #17
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Is this your way of making me feel reeeeally bad Doug ?? Seems you may have double standards yerself a little as you sometimes are the main culprit of turning a serious thread into one big laugh.

It was bound to attract some sort of opposite response as lots of people on here do not believe in such 'hauntings' and your explanations and help do seem a little extreme and mirthful, and scare her more really. Anyway, I think it will turn out to be something completely innocent .. and make up then ?
Here we go………Interesting comments Kate; yes I’d agree with you that many so called serious posts get trashed, and yes I’m often involved, but by the same turn of the page those same posts often aren’t of significant content. Most people take many posts with a pinch of salt and like many people say on here, much of isn’t real life; flirting and **** taking are part of the make up

However, I’d like to think that serious issues are respected and contributions are made in good faith. I think sometimes it is nice to be able to respond to someone’s requests without fear of counter criticism. This is a particular subject that I’m close to and something I respect and have lived through the extremes of.

Just because you don’t believe, doesn’t mean that others shouldn’t offer assistance, I’m sure if Vicks are anyone else didn’t want the advice are help that wouldn’t have posted, and I’m sure if they decided they didn’t want to receive contributions from a particular member they could always add one to there ignore list.

In regards to making you feel bad? Have I? Maybe I was just responding in the same vain as you where.

Kiss and make up? Kiss my arse.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2006, 11:14   #18

Thanks for the support Doug it is appreciated. Our friend seems to be growing in confidence, it started with things only happening at night. But yesterday my partner could not sleep during the day he could hear noises in the room and said someone was pressing down on the bed. My partner is becoming quite upset with the situation, although I am alot more open minded and am not too scared of the situation. I am more interested in getting to the bottom of the problem and hopefully sleeping the full night again without anyone waking me. I am contemplating going and speaking to the local vicar to see if he can offer any insight in to the situation or see if he knows more about what it is that I am dealing with.
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2006, 11:35   #19
Member.

You’re welcome. I can sympathise with your partner, this something that happened to me many years ago when I was going through a divorce and financial stress. For me it turned out to be a very close relative coming forward to give comfort and support (this I only found out in October this year, 20 years after the event). It scared the **** out of me at the time until I accepted it and spoke openly to my visitor.

The problem is that we don’t always realise that these situations are nothing to fear; often it’s our fear of fear that causes the harm.

The Vicar should be able to offer some help and comfort, so could the Spiritualise Church, Don’t be fooled by good intentioned people offering to come and excise your friend, it doesn’t work like that, a simple blessing would remedy most situations, but ask yourself if you want to send your visitor away.

The best way of dealing with these issues is to talk openly to it, Use normal tones and explain your feelings and fears. You might find that adjustments and accommodations being made. Tell your partner there’s more to be concerned about in this world than that of the next.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 15:28   #20

doug no jokes but have heard lots of stories similAr to yours. appparently there was once a market there and some people can still hear the hustle and bustle of the market, horses and the lot
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 17:15   #21
God Member

Very Interesting thread guys..........keep us posted Vicks

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 17:36   #22

as any1 sin any ghostly sightings around hawksworth rd??
Old 23-12-2006, 17:38   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
as any1 sin any ghostly sightings around hawksworth rd??
I grew up around that area. I lived there nearly 12 years. Can't say I ever noticed anything strange! but my mum and dads bedroom used to scare the living day lights out of me!! and I would never go in there on my own

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-12-2006, 17:43   #24

av u herd anything in the house or bedrooms??
Old 23-12-2006, 17:47   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
av u herd anything in the house or bedrooms??
I haven't seen anything in the houses!! just bad feelings. But that's when I was a kid. My mum was brought up around there too!! and she had a spooky experience or two in the bedroom where she lived.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-12-2006, 18:31   #26

Old 23-12-2006, 19:10   #27

hi vicks i used to live on east creasant just around the corner from u i had a couple of things that happened there first of all my then partner now ex was playing his ps 1 1 nite then when i walked in the livingroom wich is were he was his ps1 just wouldnt work and when he checked the back of the telly nothin was plugged in iv allso had things go flying around the room there was another time when i had some freinds staying the nite there i was in bed it was freezing the heating was on full and just as my freind walked in through the back door he said he felt a strong cold draft go past him but allso as he walked in i suddenly got warm iv had allsorts of things happen in that house
carl hurles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 21:02   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl hurles View Post
hi vicks i used to live on east creasant just around the corner from u i had a couple of things that happened there first of all my then partner now ex was playing his ps 1 1 nite then when i walked in the livingroom wich is were he was his ps1 just wouldnt work and when he checked the back of the telly nothin was plugged in iv allso had things go flying around the room there was another time when i had some freinds staying the nite there i was in bed it was freezing the heating was on full and just as my freind walked in through the back door he said he felt a strong cold draft go past him but allso as he walked in i suddenly got warm iv had allsorts of things happen in that house
It's weird you say that Carl......as I mentioned my mum grew up around there, and had odd things happen to her as a child. I didn't mention that this was on west crescent. I lived on Ribblesdale Avenue when I felt un-easy about the dreaded bedroom that still makes me shudder just thinking about it. Also Tinks Lived on west crescent when she left home, and she hated a certain bedroom in her house and had uneasy feelings. So it's weird that quite a few of us have had different dealings in the same area. Wonder if there are any more people out there that live/lived in that area that have a tale to tell.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-12-2006, 23:26   #29

there are quite a few ppl who here and sea things on there some just try to think its something else and others believe the same as me wich is hauntings i found a site wich tells u about that area and it comes up with something to do with apple trees ill c if i can find the link and ill post it
Old 23-12-2006, 23:28   #30

k just found the link out for u

http://www.paranormaldatabase.com/la...e/lancdata.php

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..