Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 20:22   #1486
Resting In Peace
 
susie123's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
...and solving medieval crimes! Thing is, I have a morbid fear of nuns having been taught by them...

As for the karma....you'll never know.
Oh yes I forgot about the detective angle... didn't know nuns taught boys - what school was that?
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-12-2011, 20:29   #1487
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Ssssh, not everyone's played yet!
I think Rindy and Norwich are taking some kind of performance enhancing drug, how can they answer so fast!!?
I was once told that vaseline was useful -it makes a bit of a mess of the mouse-pad Steve -be warned!

It doesn't make you read the questions faster though which is probably why it didn't work for me...
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 20:38   #1488
Full Member+
 
steve2qec's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Oh yes I forgot about the detective angle... didn't know nuns taught boys - what school was that?
Mt. Carmel, which used to be Holy Family.
They were very strict, which could be why I've turned out such a good boy...
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 21:56   #1489
Resting In Peace
 
susie123's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Mt. Carmel, which used to be Holy Family.
They were very strict, which could be why I've turned out such a good boy...
Right... they obviously made a big impression on you!
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 12:37   #1490
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Mt. Carmel, which used to be Holy Family.
They were very strict, which could be why I've turned out such a good boy...
Were you at Frederick Street, Steve, or up at the old Holy Family site?

Given the difference in our ages I would have been in 6th form (Paddock house as was) and you in First year....so you were one of the "foreign" invaders that wrecked our nice all-girl's haven

Well done on getting 5 today (leader so far) -what on earth was it all about, not any sports that i recognise anyway!

Sue is still in the lead this month so far but i notice that Rindy is sneaking up on her in second place - watch out Sue, don't let him lull you into a false sense of security -he likes to win!
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 12:44   #1491
Resting In Peace
 
susie123's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Sue is still in the lead this month so far but i notice that Rindy is sneaking up on her in second place - watch out Sue, don't let him lull you into a false sense of security -he likes to win!
Not a lot I could do about it today - sport, my least favourite subject, unfathomable questions only one of which I really knew the answer to...
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 13:19   #1492
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Not a lot I could do about it today - sport, my least favourite subject, unfathomable questions only one of which I really knew the answer to...
Idem -and that was the football question in my case....

Better luck with the subject tomorrow...
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 17:21   #1493
Senior Member+
 
walkinman221's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Sport sport i dont think so, never heard of most of them managed to GUESS 4 and it definitely was guess..........
__________________
A true man of character knows his limitations – but doesn’t accept them.
Aggressive by Nature, Rugby by Choice
walkinman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 17:22   #1494
Resting In Peace
 
susie123's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Idem -and that was the football question in my case....

Better luck with the subject tomorrow...
Yep I knew the footy one. Looks like Mancie is as good at guessing as I am! But your mum did well.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 17:29   #1495
Senior Member+
 
walkinman221's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

And another thing that steve has beaten me again its not on i may have to sulk
__________________
A true man of character knows his limitations – but doesn’t accept them.
Aggressive by Nature, Rugby by Choice
walkinman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 17:34   #1496
Full Member+
 
steve2qec's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Were you at Frederick Street, Steve, or up at the old Holy Family site?

Given the difference in our ages I would have been in 6th form (Paddock house as was) and you in First year....so you were one of the "foreign" invaders that wrecked our nice all-girl's haven

Well done on getting 5 today (leader so far) -what on earth was it all about, not any sports that i recognise anyway!

Sue is still in the lead this month so far but i notice that Rindy is sneaking up on her in second place - watch out Sue, don't let him lull you into a false sense of security -he likes to win!
I was at both: first 2 years at Frederick St. and the rest at Wordsworth Rd. We might have passed in the corridor! When I was in 1st year each form had their own 6th former, I remember ours was called Gina.

Think todays quiz is gonna be purely down to luck...so far I'm the 3rd luckiest.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 17:43   #1497
Full Member+
 
steve2qec's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
And another thing that steve has beaten me again its not on i may have to sulk
Yes I have, and I'm closing the gap!!
Plenty of days left yet....a month's a long time in quizzing!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 18:55   #1498
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
I was at both: first 2 years at Frederick St. and the rest at Wordsworth Rd. We might have passed in the corridor! When I was in 1st year each form had their own 6th former, I remember ours was called Gina.

Think todays quiz is gonna be purely down to luck...so far I'm the 3rd luckiest.
That was Gina Barlow Steve!! Attractive girl from "down the Rossendale valley". Undoubtedley we did pass each other by...

I wasn't a class prefect, I was meant to be studying for higher things.

My mum (Aromaanne) who knows FA about sport has come 2nd today!!!!!

Must get our Class Prefect, Rindy, on the case ...todays' quiz was NOT ON!!
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 18:57   #1499
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Yes I have, and I'm closing the gap!!
Plenty of days left yet....a month's a long time in quizzing!

Pistols at dawn? Now, now lads ...it's only a game after all...

Tomorrow's subject - Cookery!
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 19:09   #1500
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Must get our Class Prefect, Rindy, on the case ...todays' quiz was NOT ON!!
Have just sent him a PM about the terrible quiz today -as our longest standing player he may have some sway... who knows.
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:24.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1