Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2011, 13:04   #1516
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Just a reminder.

Please don't discuss the day's questions, or the answers, whilst the quiz is still active.

It spoils it for those who don't play until later in the evening.

Thanks.
Just been to check what i wrote in the Shout-box today -luckily it doesn't give anything away.

Point taken -will be more careful in the future though...
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-12-2011, 13:10   #1517
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
It seems like it steve, i still dont know how the top guys get such short times??? Anyway good luck for the next one.
I think it's practise and hand-to-eye co-ordination - plus scanning the questions and not actually reading them....

Me being "Ms Precise" I find it hard NOT to read them properly.

Blaming the speed of connection is really grasping at straws Steve -anyway, you are doing pretty well -better than me this month again...

Wonder what tomorrow will bring -haven't had geography for a bit.
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 13:21   #1518
Resting In Peace
 
susie123's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I think it's practise and hand-to-eye co-ordination - plus scanning the questions and not actually reading them....
Definitely scanning rather than reading which is where you can fall down as I did the other day with the Eastenders question where I did not read a not.

Mind you some of the trivia questions are so stupid and pointless that I have to read them several times to work out what they mean.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 14:03   #1519
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Definitely scanning rather than reading which is where you can fall down as I did the other day with the Eastenders question where I did not read a not.

Mind you some of the trivia questions are so stupid and pointless that I have to read them several times to work out what they mean.
The pointless ones are the ones i get straight away -I wonder why?

I am now determined to beat my fastest ever time which was just under a minute and i scored 10 that time.

I wonder if the "fast guys" have any tips on using the mouse - do they recommend pulling the cursor down at the side of the screen - like I do (probably the worst technique) or is it better to scroll down using the little wheel in the middle of the mouse... any tips welcome
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 19:32   #1520
Full Member+
 
steve2qec's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

It's getting a bit tight at the top of the quiz league.
Sue, you've been losing ground recently, is the pressure of being at No. 1 getting to you?
I'm climbing slowing and aiming for a top 6 finish.
Dave, I expect to leapfrog you by Christmas Eve...haha!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 20:38   #1521
Resting In Peace
 
susie123's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
It's getting a bit tight at the top of the quiz league.
Sue, you've been losing ground recently, is the pressure of being at No. 1 getting to you?
I'm climbing slowing and aiming for a top 6 finish.
Dave, I expect to leapfrog you by Christmas Eve...haha!
Think I need a pep talk from my psychologist who's doing veryy well himself. My time today was because I had to reread at least two of the questions before they made sense (too trivial) and then there was that sport question...

Dianne I find using the mouse wheel is much quicker. If the "fast guys" have any tips on using the mouse they are not going to tell us are they. Try doing some of the other quizzes on the funtrivia site for practice.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 21:03   #1522
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Mum did really well today coming second to Gary. Was reasonably happy with my own score in any case.

I don't have time to be too trivial (ha-ha-that's my excuse - I know who I'm betting on for this month...)
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 22:23   #1523
Full Member+
 
steve2qec's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Well we're half way through December and as I always say "two weeks are a long time in quizzing" (I don't literally say it...!) so anything could happen.
Might go down to the wire, if so, new years' eve should be interesting.
Notice I'm being non-committal on who I think will finish top, this is because I've lost a bit of confidence in Sue over the past couple of days...all I hear are excuses, haha!!
Still not writing myself off....ok, maybe I am!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 09:03   #1524
Resting In Peace
 
susie123's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Well we're half way through December and as I always say "two weeks are a long time in quizzing" (I don't literally say it...!) so anything could happen.
Might go down to the wire, if so, new years' eve should be interesting.
Notice I'm being non-committal on who I think will finish top, this is because I've lost a bit of confidence in Sue over the past couple of days...all I hear are excuses, haha!!
Still not writing myself off....ok, maybe I am!
Well your pep talk worked, for today at least, mainly thanks to some good guesses. But give me some real classical music and I'll show you who's boss...
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 10:48   #1525
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Well your pep talk worked, for today at least, mainly thanks to some good guesses. But give me some real classical music and I'll show you who's boss...
Well done Sue -my guesses are always unlucky.

Bad patch -but things will pick up, they always do...

Think I've probably dropped ut of the top 10 now - I'm not normally a defeatist but should I carry on I wonder....
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 13:26   #1526
Full Member+
 
steve2qec's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Well done Sue -my guesses are always unlucky.

Bad patch -but things will pick up, they always do...

Think I've probably dropped ut of the top 10 now - I'm not normally a defeatist but should I carry on I wonder....
You definately should carry on, Dianne...these sort of quizzes need canon-fodder contestants like us to peg back the leaders sometimes and keep 'em looking over their shoulders!!
I intend to win it one month and think 2012 could be my year!!
PS. Your mum's looking more and more dangerous.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 13:29   #1527
Full Member+
 
steve2qec's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Well your pep talk worked, for today at least, mainly thanks to some good guesses. But give me some real classical music and I'll show you who's boss...
Oh will you now? Give me some real rock music and I'll show you...!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 15:06   #1528
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
You definately should carry on, Dianne...these sort of quizzes need canon-fodder contestants like us to peg back the leaders sometimes and keep 'em looking over their shoulders!!
I intend to win it one month and think 2012 could be my year!!
PS. Your mum's looking more and more dangerous.
Not sure i like the idea of being cannon fodder Steve -sounds dangerous -time to get serious and concentrate methinks!

Just had a peek at today's standings -it's so close for the lead -I think Sue will have 2 pts over Rindy tomorrow, so it's neck and neck.

Mum is 4th today after her 3rd place yesterday, she has been out of practise with not playing while visiting my sister in NZ...

I'm still just about in the top 10 -it's my worst placing ever though - mind you there weren't the number of players before...
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 15:33   #1529
Full Member+
 
steve2qec's Avatar
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Not sure i like the idea of being cannon fodder Steve -sounds dangerous -time to get serious and concentrate methinks!

Just had a peek at today's standings -it's so close for the lead -I think Sue will have 2 pts over Rindy tomorrow, so it's neck and neck.

Mum is 4th today after her 3rd place yesterday, she has been out of practise with not playing while visiting my sister in NZ...

I'm still just about in the top 10 -it's my worst placing ever though - mind you there weren't the number of players before...
Whoops, missed an 'n' off cannon, thanks for the correction - can't abide bad spelling!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 20:30   #1530
God Member
 

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post

Dianne I find using the mouse wheel is much quicker. If the "fast guys" have any tips on using the mouse they are not going to tell us are they. Try doing some of the other quizzes on the funtrivia site for practice.
If we think our guys are quick check out some of the times at this funtrivia quiz ..
Tournament Abyss - Daily Trivia Game
I play it sometimes and struggle to make the top 50

Last edited by Mancie; 16-12-2011 at 20:33.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:20.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1