Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2006, 11:25   #631
Senior Member+

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

8/10 were firkin yank questions

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-11-2006, 12:30   #632
I am Banned

questions Are Due For Reset Over Night 12.30am Shut Down - 9.30am
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 15:44   #633
Yank in King Art's Court!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
FUNNIEST COMMENTS AWARD IN THE QUIZ SHOUTS & POSTS

THE AWARD FOR OCTOBER GOES TO LANCYORKYANKEE

For making me so laugh during his domestic disputes wih Cinnyose, even threatening to put her in the barn!! pmsl & feeling ganged up by the family hehehehehe - karmer on its way to you Hope you get thro next month alive!! pmsl
Accymel, Accy members, friends, and even family : Thanks so much for this grand award:engsmil: (Rindy, picture please). Although not as elegant as Rindy's beauty , it is something I will cherich for the rest of me days !

But seriously, it was a fun month. Well done to all (although I still can't figure out Roy's Bible scores) !

Good luck to all for this new month. I shall be sitting out but enjoying the competition from the sidelines. Like I said, someday, I'll open up in a journal !!

Brian, LYY, BEA

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 15:55   #634
Yank in King Art's Court!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Thanks for the karma Mel. x

I'm chuffed to little mint balls. Even though I'm right handed, I have to use my left hand, and the Doctor freaked me out recently saying there is a 40% chance I might develop dementia within the next five years. Well not yet Doctor Doom!

I feel like the tortoise, from the tortoise and the hare. Even though I did really bad in some sections, perseverance paid off in the end.
Aye, well done Mate! You did well in all the different categories, with good speed to boot! It has been an honor doing battle with you.

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 18:07   #635
God Member

Well done Garinda

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Last edited by Gayle; 01-11-2006 at 18:10.
Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 22:49   #636
I am Banned

Quiz closing in over half hour time [12.30am] to reset will re- open 9.30am approx tommorow
Old 01-11-2006, 23:12   #637
God Member

hey hey 10/10 thats about flamin time oh well the questions get reset soon ....back down for me life at the kind of top were good while it lasted lmao wahoo..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:32   #638
I am Banned

quiz Now Open ....new Q's Are Topic Of Science & Technology!
Old 02-11-2006, 08:36   #639
Resident Waffler

Ooooer!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:53   #640
Senior Member+

Well Thats Me Ballsed B4 I Even Start :d

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
Old 02-11-2006, 08:58   #641
Senior Member+

well i spoke to soon....

a big fat 10/10 for me ...

let the bragging rights return (although i got some rather easy questions)

Old 02-11-2006, 08:58   #642
God Member

Cheers Mel, now to just get that speed up a bit. How long are subjects going to last? Perhaps it would be nice to know up front and to make sure that they are even so that it is fair to everyone. i.e. science should last just as long as history/TV & film etc

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:25   #643
I am Banned

Ian they change when it suits me & the pool of questions allotted are the only contributing factors for quiz change - thusfore everybody gets the same topic that is set at the same time, so where is the unfair element?
Old 02-11-2006, 10:03   #644
God Member

I was thinking along the lines of say me, I'm not that interested in actors etc so TV and Films is not my strong point, however Science/Tech is so if S/T is on for 3 days and TV is on for 10 then it gives someone good on TV a better chance of winning the overall month prize. I'm not trying to be funny, just trying to make sure that it is seen to be fair and equal for all covering a wide range of subjects.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:15   #645
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
I'm not trying to be funny, just trying to make sure that it is seen to be fair and equal for all covering a wide range of subjects.
I think your missing something here entwisi, it is all for fun. Mel has to stay up til silly hours to change the quiz over, so it should be up to her when she can be arsed.

There's also more questions in some subjects than others, so people would start whinging if she left these set on for 10 days and after 3 days the questions just continually repeated.

Would you argue with Ann Robinson? "Sorry Anne I don't like that subject can I have one on sci/tech please!"

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..