Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2006, 13:02   #661
Senior Member+

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
she aint running up & down street on a hyperactive high
i dunno she's goin that fast u wouldnt b able to see her ...

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-11-2006, 14:39   #662
Yank in King Art's Court!

Quote:
I see what you are saying Ian but thats why i dont do the quiz & im not influenced, sorry but as i was up till late last night when i wanted an early night & then to have the pc switched on in time this morning is the sacrifices i make so that i can introduce various topics otherwise it would be permanent mixed bag all the time - so its getting diverse. I can only go as far as the pool questions amount there is which does differ by fun trivia themselves anyway!

Geee there is not a prize of a porche at the end of the month - its only karmer lol The element of the quiz isn't the questions -its the fun of it!
Hey mel, have an idea for ya. Was gonna pm it but thought all might wish to give input.

Since I'm sitting this month out, what do you think off me filling in for you so you could play this month? For a few of reasons: 1. You wouldn't have to stay up for the changes (I can make them at like 10 pm my time after all have played), 2. I'm an honest and fair fellow , and this may be the scariest one, 3. You get to show all us whingers what you've got in that brain of yours!

Again, just a thought for all to comment on. I certainly WOULD NOT be in any way taking over, just giving you a restbit and a chance to get in on the competition for the month. I'd even be willing to give the winner out of my Karma. Then it REALLY would be for fun since I can only give out 4 Karma points at the moment!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 14:51   #663
I am Banned

Thanks LYY for the nice offer the whole point of me hosting is that i dont play not even for a month because still leaves me open to biaseness accusations thereafter, so staying where i am - tho if i need respite i'll holler you
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 15:05   #664

Quote:
Thanks LYY for the nice offer the whole point of me hosting is that i dont play not even for a month because still leaves me open to biaseness accusations thereafter, so staying where i am - tho if i need respite i'll holler you
Good point so very well Mel, thought I'd offer (and deflect some of the whinging you get from us )

Maybe you could tell me what you wanted to switch to, then I could do it. Then you could get a good night sleep that night! Please know just trying to help ya mel. Really appreciate your doing this for all the Accywebbers!

Brian

Old 02-11-2006, 15:13   #665
God Member

I think our Mel is a more than competent hostess and wouldn't be doing the quiz for us if she wasn't enjoying it. It's your baby, you Keep up the good work Mel
Old 02-11-2006, 15:16   #666
Senior Member+

Just ignore the whingers Mel. I really enjoy the quiz, & appreciate the time & effort that you put into it. If somebody doesn't like it, then they don't have to play.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 15:29   #667
Senior Member+

Yeah keep with it Mel or should I say 'The Hostess with the Mostest'

Had enough of take over bids from across the pond
Old 02-11-2006, 15:36   #668

Geez guys, I was just trying to give mel a late night break . I know she has done, is doing, and will continue to perform exemplary as the :engsmil: Grand Pooba of Accyweb Trivia!:engsmil:

Old 02-11-2006, 16:56   #669
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
I think our Mel is a more than competent hostess and wouldn't be doing the quiz for us if she wasn't enjoying it. It's your baby, you Keep up the good work Mel
Thanks Tinks thats precisely my point Sorry LYY its seems you had given the wrong impression, if i need or want to give up then i would put it to vote who would take over by public choice ....AS im not then i shall remain as i am doing what i do best I wouldnt do it if i didnt want to.

My earlier points about late nights & quiz resets were aimed in response that were complaining about about resets so explanation was given how i work it which may of been mis-understood.
Old 02-11-2006, 16:57   #670
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay
Just ignore the whingers Mel. I really enjoy the quiz, & appreciate the time & effort that you put into it. If somebody doesn't like it, then they don't have to play.

Too right Accyjay i shall as always LOL
Old 02-11-2006, 16:59   #671
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead
Yeah keep with it Mel or should I say 'The Hostess with the Mostest'

Had enough of take over bids from across the pond
Glazier aint taking over my wobbly babs nor me quiz
Old 02-11-2006, 17:06   #672
I am Banned

YESTERDAYS SCORES

rindy was yesterday's smartest player!
Player Pts Awarded Correct Seconds Score
1. rindy + 32 pts 10 43 957
2. Cinnyose + 29 pts 10 67 933
3. entwisi + 26 pts 10 85 915
4. cherokee + 24 pts 10 150 850
5. Norwich Stanley + 22 pts 9 58 842
6. lancsdave + 21 pts 9 71 829
7. lettie + 19 pts 9 72 828
8. mickmcacc + 18 pts 9 82 818
9. harwood red + 16 pts 9 86 814
10. steeljack + 14 pts 9 92 808
11. Anne + 6 pts 9 92 808
12. cleverlad + 6 pts 9 107 793
13. expat + 6 pts 9 131 769
14. lbiglen + 6 pts 9 136 764
15. willowthewhisp + 6 pts 8 70 730
16. tealeaf + 6 pts 8 80 720
17. Knight + 6 pts 8 82 718
18. slinky + 6 pts 8 89 711
19. shillelagh + 6 pts 8 93 707
20. rishton blue + 6 pts 8 110 690
21. misskitty + 5 pts 7 80 620
22. lancashiredog + 5 pts 7 105 595
23. Bagpuss + 5 pts 9 318 582
24. churcher + 5 pts 7 151 549
25. pipinfort + 5 pts 6 80 520
26. eggstoocool + 5 pts 6 107 493
27. AccyJay + 5 pts 6 108 492
28. buttonsmum + 5 pts 6 114 486
29. junetta + 5 pts 6 162 438
30. kevsarah + 5 pts 5 95 405
31. BLACKBURN RAVER + 3 pts 5 117 383
32. swinny + 3 pts 4 65 335

WELL DONE EVERYONE

Of 4000 active tournaments, Accywebbers Daily Trivia Competition was #82 in terms of popularity yesterday.
Old 02-11-2006, 17:10   #673
I am Banned

FUN TRIVIA AWARDS STORE!!!

Tournament players earn a fictitous FunTrivia Buck for every question answered correctly!
Use your imaginary FunTrivia Bucks to purchase imaginary awards from our imaginary store! Your goodies will appear under your user profile for all time. Impress your friends, intimidate your enemies!

Spend your bucks fast and buy a lame badge? Or save up for that Monster Truck of Destruction? That's up to you...

Note: These are NOT real prizes. Seriously, we're not giving away blenders, cats, and monster trucks. We certainly DO plan on having raffles for REAL things like mugs & T-shirts in the future, but it's bragging rights for now.

Assorted Cheap Prizes

Pets

Transporation

The Really Expensive Stuff

Looks like something simular to owd accyweb store idea so u can virtually buy things Oooh so u do win something - competition stakes up now as well as karmer to winner of the month & funniest shouts/posts

Let us know if u get owt if they are ok etc ...... i cant get any

Last edited by accymel; 02-11-2006 at 17:20.
Old 02-11-2006, 17:23   #674
God Member

well i think its very kind of brian to think of giving mel a bit of time off, although can see your point too mel, you do a great job with this quiz ..
keep up the good work
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 17:26   #675
Give, give, give member

Quote:
FUN TRIVIA AWARDS STORE!!!

Tournament players earn a fictitous FunTrivia Buck for every question answered correctly!
Use your imaginary FunTrivia Bucks to purchase imaginary awards from our imaginary store! Your goodies will appear under your user profile for all time. Impress your friends, intimidate your enemies!

Spend your bucks fast and buy a lame badge? Or save up for that Monster Truck of Destruction? That's up to you...

Note: These are NOT real prizes. Seriously, we're not giving away blenders, cats, and monster trucks. We certainly DO plan on having raffles for REAL things like mugs & T-shirts in the future, but it's bragging rights for now.

Assorted Cheap Prizes

Pets

Transporation

The Really Expensive Stuff

Looks like something simular to owd accyweb store idea so u can virtually buy things Oooh so u do win something - competition stakes up now as well as karmer to winner of the month & funniest shouts/posts

Let us know if u get owt if they are ok etc ...... i cant get any
PMSL Cool.

I've just bought me a big greasy hotdog.

Now I'll have to see if I can purchase myself a napkin.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..