Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2013, 18:06   #1
Senior Member+
 

Accrington Grammar School Old Boys

The Old Boys are having a social evening on Thursday 11th April in the Masonic Club, Adelaide St. We would like to hear from anyone who asttended but is not on the OBs' register, whether he can attend or not. PM me if I can help .
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-07-2013, 23:35   #2
I am Banned
 

Re: Accrington Grammar School Old Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
The Old Boys are having a social evening on Thursday 11th April in the Masonic Club, Adelaide St. We would like to hear from anyone who asttended but is not on the OBs' register, whether he can attend or not. PM me if I can help .
I am an Old Boy, and I really wonder what has happened to the various characters of my year: I started in the last year at the old solid stone building on Blackburn Road with the 'Tuck Shop' there right next to the school and frequented at break times. It would be unfair to mention names but I do wonder how many have died, gone to prison, made it big in some chosen field of endeavour - yes it would be interesting to know. Since I am somewhat of an unconventional type I would feel a bit loath to attend any functions.
Tesco Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:35   #3
Senior Member+
 

Re: Accrington Grammar School Old Boys

There are c520 lads on the OBs' Register, and very few of them attend functions. The register allows for lads to be kept on the radar should anyone such as you want to get in contact with their pals, or just to know that they are still on this earth. There is no membership fee. I will PM anyone who want to be informed - PM me if you want to know more.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:21   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: Accrington Grammar School Old Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesco Rambler View Post
I am an Old Boy, and I really wonder what has happened to the various characters of my year: I started in the last year at the old solid stone building on Blackburn Road with the 'Tuck Shop' there right next to the school and frequented at break times. It would be unfair to mention names but I do wonder how many have died, gone to prison, made it big in some chosen field of endeavour - yes it would be interesting to know. Since I am somewhat of an unconventional type I would feel a bit loath to attend any functions.
Yes, well, I dare say a few won't attend unless they have absolute brass nerve, take this chap for example:-


My brother the troubled Tesco blackmailer - Accrington Observer

Oh look there's a coincidence he has Tesco in his name as well AND he was a tax inspector, small world isn't it?

__________________
I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.
Winnie the Pooh
Quotes & quoting

Last edited by Less; 11-07-2013 at 11:23.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 21:59   #5
Member
 

Re: Accrington Grammar School Old Boys

In common with at least one other here, I am or have been banned. Ah, such cheek of a sort. And though I made a career from understanding relativity of the special and general sort - among rather much else - I'm confounded because I swear here and there and care so little about what others might think about that. Such fun, of a sort.
Graham Hartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:26   #6
Senior Member
 

Re: Accrington Grammar School Old Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Hartley View Post
In common with at least one other here, I am or have been banned. Ah, such cheek of a sort. And though I made a career from understanding relativity of the special and general sort - among rather much else - I'm confounded because I swear here and there and care so little about what others might think about that. Such fun, of a sort.
Mmm, a somewhat confusing post from someone who is usually precise in his use of language, of a sort.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:07   #7
Senior Member+
 

Re: Accrington Grammar School Old Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Hartley View Post
In common with at least one other here, I am or have been banned. Ah, such cheek of a sort. And though I made a career from understanding relativity of the special and general sort - among rather much else - I'm confounded because I swear here and there and care so little about what others might think about that. Such fun, of a sort.
Banned, well well.
Was that for being boring or for torturing the English Language?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 12:48   #8
God Member
 
Eric's Avatar
 

Re: Accrington Grammar School Old Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Banned, well well.
Was that for being boring or for torturing the English Language?
Probably for not wearing his cap.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 13:40   #9
Senior Member+
 
maxthecollie's Avatar
 

Re: Accrington Grammar School Old Boys

Was Big Sam about?
Eric likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 14:14   #10
Senior Member+
 

Re: Accrington Grammar School Old Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Probably for not wearing his cap.
Perhaps he couldn't find one big enough.

If big Sam saw you without a cap he'd try to make sure you didn't need one- he'd nearly knock your head off.

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 12-05-2015 at 14:17.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 14:48   #11
God Member
 
Eric's Avatar
 

Re: Accrington Grammar School Old Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post

If big Sam saw you without a cap he'd try to make sure you didn't need one- he'd nearly knock your head off.
Tell me about it! "Oi, laddie ... " Thunk.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 14:53   #12
Senior Member+
 
maxthecollie's Avatar
 

Re: Accrington Grammar School Old Boys

"Oi, laddie where's your cap" use to echo in my ears walking to school. We lived on Hope Street and Sam Wignall used to live on Perth Street and many a time our paths would meet walking to school. I used to almost know one of his history text book of by heart after all the lines he gave me.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 15:23   #13
God Member
 
Eric's Avatar
 

Re: Accrington Grammar School Old Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Sam Wignall used to live on Perth Street
He lived in a house I always thought he had a place somewhere in the bowels of Hades ... a couple of circles above Jock Bentley.
maxthecollie likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 23:09   #14
Senior Member+
 

Re: Accrington Grammar School Old Boys

Always knew him as "Boris"
__________________
Regards,
Barrie
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 18:14   #15
Member
 

Re: Accrington Grammar School Old Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Perhaps he couldn't find one big enough.

If big Sam saw you without a cap he'd try to make sure you didn't need one- he'd nearly knock your head off.
Are any of you teasers yet alive? Then FOAD. Such fun!
Graham Hartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:41.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1