Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2006, 22:24   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Fishing

Hey, what about the lodge in Clayton .. I live 20 yards from the edge? Think Accrington Fishing Club have the rights. Will make you a brew .. you'll have to bring yer' own tea bag though, only good at coffee.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-02-2006, 01:35   #17

Thanx for the offer, i do believe it's called super st. and belongs to hyndburn n b.b club.

If the offer's still open in a few months time, a brew would be great, how much are the bacon butties? us lads start early, could well be a nice little money spinner if the fishing goes well!
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2006, 06:50   #18
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Looks like the Nursery are using the land for tipping, as you drive past and look towards the path which used to lead round the top of the water (near to the road) has a load of ?????? piled, course it could be top soil ready for landscaping.......
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2006, 09:36   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
Thanx for the offer, i do believe it's called super st. and belongs to hyndburn n b.b club.

If the offer's still open in a few months time, a brew would be great, how much are the bacon butties? us lads start early, could well be a nice little money spinner if the fishing goes well!
Cheeky B**ger .. still not a bad idea, eh ? As long as you don't mind the fat grilled crispy and sometimes black >>>>>> off to supermarket to stock up with bacon for freezer.

Please don't give left overs to the ducks though, they fat enough.
Old 18-02-2006, 18:33   #20
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Cheeky B**ger .. still not a bad idea, eh ? As long as you don't mind the fat grilled crispy and sometimes black >>>>>> off to supermarket to stock up with bacon for freezer.

Please don't give left overs to the ducks though, they fat enough.
can i come as well katex not for the fish! but the bacon butts and fat ducks will go down a really treat,
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2006, 03:33   #21

Watch out for that bird flu...I won't be eating anything foul for the time being!!

Not to mention her cooking!! Ha!
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2006, 13:21   #22
Resting in Peace

Yah right, will definitely be crispy duck .. leave 'em alone anyway, love my ducks .. give me hours of pleasure .. soooo funny.
Staggers ? Tomato/Brown sauce ? 10p. extra of course.
Old 24-04-2011, 14:11   #23

my brother try to buy the lease on this to re-open it as a fishery with his mate but he said asians have the lease but the garden centre own it........the asians want 8 grand a year lease apperantly!!!!
Andrew69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 16:58   #24
God Member

Bass season opened on the 24th of June ... and this year, as an official OLD FART, I now fish for free in Ontario, anywhere, in one of the finest fishing areas on the planet
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 17:09   #25
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Bass season opened on the 24th of June ... and this year, as an official OLD FART, I now fish for free in Ontario, anywhere, in one of the finest fishing areas on the planet
Is that with all the spinners & plugs & suchlike, personally don't think much to that. Sooner be sat with a rod & line using a waggler/pole, sitting back & taking in the countryside.
Old 27-06-2011, 17:10   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Could never actually see the point in the hobby of drowning worms on a piece of string
Old 27-06-2011, 17:23   #27
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Could never actually see the point in the hobby of drowning worms on a piece of string
Ah Mate, there's a whole lot more to it than that, specially if you're away night fishing. Peace & tranquillity (no wifey), at one with nature (getting stung, bitten & savaged by bugs & biddies), Good company, telling lies & quaffing Ale (it doesn't get much better) & all that without putting a line in the water !
Old 27-06-2011, 18:00   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Ah Mate, there's a whole lot more to it than that, specially if you're away night fishing. Peace & tranquillity (no wifey), at one with nature (getting stung, bitten & savaged by bugs & biddies), Good company, telling lies & quaffing Ale (it doesn't get much better) & all that without putting a line in the water !
Well I have to admit to doing very similar things when I was in my youth Dave, it was called Windy Harbour every weekend in the summer mate
Old 28-06-2011, 03:13   #29
Senior Member+

You had to bring this one up didn't you, I,m supposed to be in Alaska for five days starting today halibut fishing but the better half is sick so I,m playing doc.
ossy kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 21:28   #30

pendle view on the a59 opposite mc donalds, course and fly fishing on two seperste lakes, pulled out 7 raindows in two hours this afternoon
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..