Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2006, 16:10   #1

Fishing

The good weather at the moment makes me want to get the old angling gear out, but beinhg a still water fisherman i might just l,eave it a few more weeks!

Does anyone know of any decent day ticket waters within half an hours drive from accy?
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2006, 17:52   #2
God Member

Re: Fishing

Fishing spud thought u were wet enough
Old 16-02-2006, 17:57   #3
God Member

Sounds like he wants to camp at the waters edge. Take it spud you are on about course fishing.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2006, 18:00   #4

when the weather warms up
bradshaw fisheries bolton lodge number 4
full of carp and silver fish best to try mid-week check for matches before travelling.
carolef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2006, 18:08   #5

also partridge lakes, cultcheth, nr risley warrington evan if the carp dont feed in the cold the chub and barbel usually do. also 1 lake stocked with f1 hybrids which will feed all year round,choice of seven lakes, weekends theres a refreshment bar, its a little bit further away but can be well worth it in the winter. hope this is a help.
ps im not the angler but ive asked my hubby whos into match fishing.
carolef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2006, 19:13   #6
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Rakes Foot (or brook) Reservoir just through Abbey Village.. License obtained from the pub.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2006, 23:05   #7

Thanx for the the feedback(bar timmins!), will make an effort to try waters new.

Hynburn n Blackburn AA was great value for money for the season.
They still have kinda untouched waters like the the slate pits and clarendon st. where the fish(some decent quality) take all types of bait, these little waters can sometimes make a rite good days fishing.
\
p.s. don't tell em all, we won't get a peg come school holidays!!
Old 17-02-2006, 02:24   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolef
also partridge lakes, cultcheth, nr risley warrington evan if the carp dont feed in the cold the chub and barbel usually do. also 1 lake stocked with f1 hybrids which will feed all year round,choice of seven lakes,

my brain hurts

are we speaking in code or is everyone mashed???
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 04:12   #9
God Member

maybe I'm showing my age here, but is Rishton paper mill lodge still a local spot ?.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 09:25   #10

It is, I don't know who has it now though.
Accrington and district used to have it until the land owners upped the rent. I was told they netted it 3 times and theres still loads of fish in!

Does anyony know whats going on with the paper mill?
Old 17-02-2006, 11:38   #11

si, good to see you back online bud. i'll come fishing with you. p.s. i think zutons are well on way to sell out.
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 18:57   #12

Next time we're goin fishin bud i'll let you know, it's gonna be a few weeks yet though! I will post a thread in advance so if anyone wants to come they can do.

Nice 1 for the tickets bud cant wait!
Old 17-02-2006, 19:35   #13
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

The paper mill lodge is now owned by Park View Nursery and is all fenced off, no official fishing allowed.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 20:59   #14

Thanx for that, just makes me wonder what they are planning to do with it. I have been told it is on the greenblt so no chance of housing, even so they would have to drain and leave it for ten years eitherway!

I do think in the right hands it could make a cracking litte day fishery.
Old 17-02-2006, 21:09   #15

I'd like to get to the bottom of this one. Any info, or rumors will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..