Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2012, 15:19   #16
God Member

Re: Olympics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
......"a menagerie of 70 sheep, 12 horses, three cows, two goats, 10 chickens, 10 ducks, nine geese and three sheepdogs"

But no swine. I wonder why? Would some people be offended by a pair of pigs? If so, who are they?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-06-2012, 15:34   #17
God Member

If you are thinking 'muslims', think again - jews

They will use the anthem 'Jerusalem'
The zion olympics

PS I have shown in another thread - Rothschild is in charge of governments - (Murdoch is small fry). To know the real power 'follow the money'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zion.jpg (11.6 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by MargaretR; 13-06-2012 at 15:44.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2012, 15:34   #18
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
But no swine. I wonder why? Would some people be offended by a pair of pigs? If so, who are they?
Well the BBC's video of the set model shows a couple of pigs...

BBC News - A look at the Olympics 'countryside' opening ceremony

What offends me is - no Morris dancers? They've got a cricket match and maypoles so why not include these quintessentially English characters?

Seriously, if people want to see the countryside why can't they just go out and look at it? We could have something far more imaginative on opening night. All these animals will be wanting to go to sleep by 9pm!
Old 13-06-2012, 16:27   #19
God Member

[quote=susie123;997428]Well the BBC's video of the set model shows a couple of pigs...

quote]

The BBC are wrong, as usual. However, the latest rumour here in London is that the pigs may be back in providing the sheep can be ritually slaughtered at the end of the show.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2012, 16:40   #20
Resting In Peace

[quote=Tealeaf;997435]
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Well the BBC's video of the set model shows a couple of pigs...

quote]

The BBC are wrong, as usual. However, the latest rumour here in London is that the pigs may be back in providing the sheep can be ritually slaughtered at the end of the show.
LOL, but why are the BBC wrong? The model came via Danny Boyle not the BBC. Or do you mean the original post about the opening ceremony, which also came from the BBC, is wrong?
Old 13-06-2012, 16:43   #21
Beacon of light

(sigh) I can't piggin' wait!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 21:54   #22
God Member

How incredibly embarrassing

Olympics opening ceremony suit "like something out of an Elvis tribute band" - Olympics - Sport - The Independent

"Their opening ceremony parade suits, which will not be revealed until the day itself, according to one team member who has been kitted out this week at the TeamGB preparation camp at Loughborough, "look like something out of an Elvis tribute band."

White, with a lot of gold, is apparently the motif of the Next-designed suits"

Old 20-06-2012, 08:57   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
How incredibly embarrassing

Olympics opening ceremony suit "like something out of an Elvis tribute band" - Olympics - Sport - The Independent

"Their opening ceremony parade suits, which will not be revealed until the day itself, according to one team member who has been kitted out this week at the TeamGB preparation camp at Loughborough, "look like something out of an Elvis tribute band."

White, with a lot of gold, is apparently the motif of the Next-designed suits"
No expense spared for our lads and lasses
Old 20-06-2012, 09:16   #24
God Member

It get more like the Royal Its a Knockout every time a bit of info is leaked.

It promotes the concept of multinationalist world government when they seem intent on making us be ashamed to be british.

Old 20-06-2012, 09:21   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It get more like the Royal Its a Knockout every time a bit of info is leaked.

It promotes the concept of multinationalist world government when they seem intent on making us be ashamed to be british.
You speak for yourself Margaret thats something nobody is going to make me feel, I'm British and proud of it
Old 22-06-2012, 19:40   #26
God Member

I think you need to explore the difference between Judaism- a religion,
.....and Zionism - political ideology.

Zionism shelters from criticism by invoking allegations of antisemitism.

Many jews are aware that their religion is being misused.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg end_of_zionism_equals_peace.jpg (58.5 KB, 3 views)

Old 22-06-2012, 20:20   #27
JFT96

Margaret, you wrote Jews in bold. Now you change tatics.....
I stand by what i said.
So Zionism is no different that other fundelmentalists of this world, whether they are Muslim, Christan, Jewish or any other faith. So why oh why did you write Jews instead of fundelmentalist Zionism?

I have no issue with you or what you choose to believe, the power of the internet can change peoples views, not always for the better, however if i had radical views I would choose not to air them in public..
You have made a rather bad show posting that on here, then trying to cover it up. I am disapointed with you in this, we both have differing views regarding lots of subjects, but i have enjoyed debating them with you, however this is different. I will post no more on this, as is will lead nowhere.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 20:29   #28

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Sorry for the thread wander, but...

Quote:
If you are thinking 'muslims', think again - jews
They will use the anthem 'Jerusalem'
The zion olympics
Lyrics by the well known Zionist William Blake???

Quote:
Zionism - political ideology
No such thing as a Zionist idealogy, it's more a conglomerate of ideas from various factions. ( Something like the current coalition government, where nobody agrees on anything )

Quote:
Many jews are aware that their religion is being misused
Changing the goalposts? Are we talking about idealogies or religions?

I would argue that 'many' C of E or Catholics are aware that their religion is being misused, and that 'many' tories, liberals and labourites are aware that their idealogies are being misused.
Old 23-06-2012, 09:03   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Sorry for the thread wander, but...

Lyrics by the well known Zionist William Blake???

No such thing as a Zionist idealogy, it's more a conglomerate of ideas from various factions. ( Something like the current coalition government, where nobody agrees on anything )

Changing the goalposts? Are we talking about idealogies or religions?

I would argue that 'many' C of E or Catholics are aware that their religion is being misused, and that 'many' tories, liberals and labourites are aware that their idealogies are being misused.
Um ya Liberals have become Labour Labour have become Tories and the Tories don't know where they are anymore
Old 23-06-2012, 09:25   #30
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Um ya Liberals have become Labour Labour have become Tories and the Tories don't know where they are anymore
Up their own arses mostly ! They certainly aren't living in the real world that's for sure, mind you I suppose that goes for them all really !

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..