Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2012, 08:49   #46
God Member

Re: Olympics

Whilst that 'reporter' is still employed by G4S it is reasonable to assume that he uses a pseudonym.

I find what he says to be credible in view of the notorious track record of Group 4, now renamed G4S.

Group 4: a history of blunders | UK news | guardian.co.uk

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-06-2012, 08:53   #47
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Whilst that 'reporter' is still employed by G4S it is reasonable to assume that he uses a pseudonym.

I find what he says to be credible in view of the notorious track record of Group 4, now renamed G4S.

Mind you anything is credible if its a conspiracy Margaret
Old 26-06-2012, 09:01   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Mind you anything is credible if its a conspiracy Margaret
....only if you consider their bungling incompetence to be deliberate
(which is a possibility)

Old 26-06-2012, 09:04   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
....only if you consider their bungling incompetence to be deliberate
(which is a possibility)
Everythings possible in the mind of a conspirator theorist
Old 26-06-2012, 09:05   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Everythings possible in the mind of a conspirator theorist
The world would actually stop without them
Old 26-06-2012, 14:47   #51
JFT96

Quote:

Don't get me wrong Margaret, i could not agree more at the joke that is G4S. However, I am one of the few people on here who deals with them day to day, as I said, if everything your 'undercover reporter' said is true, well it is the unthinkable. But and its a darn big but, he has got lots of publicity for what is a you tube video, no real evidence, hard cold evidence.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:14   #52
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

In todays Torygraph, the effect the cost of the Olympics has on Charities due to the cost involved.

London 2012 Olympics: Charities who lost funding to pay for the Games 'won’t see their money for another decade' - Telegraph
Old 13-07-2012, 23:08   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Don't get me wrong Margaret, i could not agree more at the joke that is G4S. However, I am one of the few people on here who deals with them day to day, as I said, if everything your 'undercover reporter' said is true, well it is the unthinkable. But and its a darn big but, he has got lots of publicity for what is a you tube video, no real evidence, hard cold evidence.
Are you convinced now?

Old 14-07-2012, 09:24   #54
Senior Member+

My wife works for G4S . They took over the contracts for everthing from cleaning to building maintainance on the Courts nationwide. That is Magistrates and Crown Courts. This was almost 12 months since. She has worked at the Magistrates Court in Accy for over 20 years as a cleaner.G4S issued her with a mountain of paperwork stating what should and shouldn't be done and how good a company it is to work for. Almost 12 months since and she has still not got her "uniform"
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2012, 09:28   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
My wife works for G4S . They took over the contracts for everthing from cleaning to building maintainance on the Courts nationwide. That is Magistrates and Crown Courts. This was almost 12 months since. She has worked at the Magistrates Court in Accy for over 20 years as a cleaner.G4S issued her with a mountain of paperwork stating what should and shouldn't be done and how good a company it is to work for. Almost 12 months since and she has still not got her "uniform"
Ya sounds like a great firm Frank, no wonder they couldn't get enough takers for the security at the games, they'd have got their uniforms next July
Old 15-07-2012, 11:00   #56
JFT96

Quote:
Are you convinced now?
Fair enough Margaret, you were right.
Still you had to be sooner or later. Anyone fancy some Amero's

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 23:07   #57
God Member

Here's how to spice up tv coverage of the games ... oops The Games ... an article in the "Guardian" the other day discussed sex in the Olympic Village. It seems that 100,000 condoms will be made available in the Village. And, no doubt, most athletes will bring thier own. Now, I don't know about you guys, but I suspect that there will be

Why can't we have live coverage of the orgies That, and topless women's beach volleyball, would drive up the ratings big time
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 23:22   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Was listening to the useless incompetent cow Teresa May on the news, seems funny to me, they aint slagging G4S??? in fact none of this lot of tosspots are, perhaps they have contributed to Camerons pot?
Old 17-07-2012, 06:31   #59
Beacon of light

I am utterly sick of the whole thing and it hasn't even started yet.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2012, 11:31   #60
God Member

I learned something today about the Olympic ritual (or 'ceremony', if you prefer that).

It hasn't had much publicity so it might be news to you too.

http://festival.london2012.com/events/9000961496

"Friday 27 July 2012 will be no ordinary morning. At 8.12 AM on the first day of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, 'Work No.1197: All the bells in a country rung as quickly and as loudly as possible for three minutes' by Turner Prize-winning artist and musician Martin Creed, will be performed throughout the UK.
The nation is invited to ring thousands of bells at the same time, whether schools bells, church bells, town hall bells, bicycle bells or door bells.
To make this performance happen, the All the Bells team invites bell ringers and those interested in ringing bells to sign up and get involved in the performance, alongside thousands of people across the country.
By ringing any kind of bell – hand bell, church bell, bicycle bell, door bell – you will be part of the performance and involved in welcoming the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games to the UK."

I recommend beeswax earplugs.

Sound is vibration, and since all physical matter(including you) is vibrating energy, such a ritual (sorry, ceremony) is best avoided if you can manage to.

Last edited by MargaretR; 19-07-2012 at 11:38.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..