Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2011, 09:15   #16
God Member

Re: Stanley Cup (Pro Ice Hockey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
After loosing games 3 and 4 in Boston the Canucks eeked out a squeeky 1-0 win in the 5th game in Vancouver to lead the series 3-2. Back to Boston on Sunday for game 6, a win will give them the Stanley cup a loss and we're back to Vancouver for game 7.
Great game last nite ... Seems to be a goaltender's series. And home ice appears to be a big advantage ... But the Canuck's are one win away from the cup, and that's the important thing. One win away from the cup.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-06-2011, 18:25   #17
God Member

If you guys can drag yourselves away from the intensity of cricket, game 6 of the Stanley Cup final goes tonite in Beantown. Do or die for the Bruins. If Boston does win this one then it is back to Vancouver for game 7. Still, I would like to see the Canucks win tonite; but, if they don't, it will be a barn burner on the coast for the final game.
Old 13-06-2011, 20:31   #18
God Member

All sounds great Eric.. but I can't even see the puck with my eyes..unless there's loads of slashing and bashing up bods it's not really worth watching!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2011, 23:39   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
All sounds great Eric.. but I can't even see the puck with my eyes..unless there's loads of slashing and bashing up bods it's not really worth watching!
Know what you mean about the puck ... following the puck is an acquired skill. Once you get s handle on the game, you get a feeling for where the puck ought to be (if that makes sense) ... you follow the pace and positioning of the game and the players and the puck is sort of where it should be. And after all, it is a black object on a white surface But the physical aspect of the game is where lots of the entertainment is. If one player does something that another one doesn't like, or if there is some long-standing enmity, the gloves come off and they go at it until the refs decide to jump in and stop it. And if you are lucky, there is that wonderful thing called a "bench clearing brawl."
Old 14-06-2011, 06:23   #20
God Member

Boston 5 - Vancouver 2 ..... but what a weird game Apart from a five minute patch in the first period, the game was pretty even. But that's hockey. Things happen so quickly on the ice. On a small playing surface with a puck travelling as fast as 100 mph, you don't have the slow build up that you do in football. Next and last game in the finals is in Van. Must stock up on Lancaster Bomber for that one.
Old 16-06-2011, 14:00   #21
God Member

Well, it's all over for another year ... months without hockey. And the Bruins won the cup. Have to admit they deserved it. And now for next year. Maybe 2012 will be the year that my team will win: vive les Canadiens de Montreal And the riot after the game last night is making more news than the game itself. Vancouver reels in riot aftermath - British Columbia - CBC News
Old 16-06-2011, 17:51   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Well, it's all over for another year ... months without hockey. And the Bruins won the cup. Have to admit they deserved it. And now for next year. Maybe 2012 will be the year that my team will win: vive les Canadiens de Montreal And the riot after the game last night is making more news than the game itself. Vancouver reels in riot aftermath - British Columbia - CBC News
Must be a real interesting game then

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..