Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2007, 15:45   #1
God Member

Stanley Cup (Pro Ice Hockey)

Stanley Cup (F.A. Cup for Pro Ice Hockey) sorry but a Kalifornian team whoops a Canadian teams ass .......Sorry Eric , couldn't resist the dig

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-06-2007, 16:46   #2
Yank in King Art's Court!

Re: Stanley Cup (Pro Ice Hockey)

I was wondering if this would be brought up. What do ya say eh Eric. Squashed by a bunch of Ducks, mighty as they may be!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 17:09   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
I was wondering if this would be brought up. What do ya say eh Eric. Squashed by a bunch of Ducks, mighty as they may be!

Brian
No problem. Kingston is NOT a Senators town. Most of us split our support between the Leafs and the Habs. In fact, Kingston has a stronger link to the Ducks than it does to the Sens. Several people in the franchise were involved in junior hockey in Kingston. Now we can go back to cheering for the Leafs, who last won the cup in '67. We also have a lot of Bruin's fans in the city. Now lets see how many Canadians are on the Ducks team. Let's start with the outstanding goaltending of that guy with the French name
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 23:17   #4
Senior Member+

Have to bring back this old thread as the Vancouver Canucks look like making the final this year, they're leading the best of seven semi final 3 games to one with game five in Vancouver on Tuesday. Go Canucks Go.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 08:50   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Have to bring back this old thread as the Vancouver Canucks look like making the final this year, they're leading the best of seven semi final 3 games to one with game five in Vancouver on Tuesday. Go Canucks Go.
That's great news, would have been besides myself with grief if I hadn't have known that
Old 24-05-2011, 20:52   #6
Senior Member+

Thanks Jay, glad someone else is interested, I'll keep you posted on the result.
Old 24-05-2011, 21:01   #7
Super Moderator

Great name for a cup. Presumably named by an exiled Accringtonian?
Old 25-05-2011, 00:49   #8
Senior Member+

I,m sure he was Wyn. The cup was donated in 1893 by Lord Stanley Earl of Preston and Governor General of Canada. I know, another piece of useless information.
Old 25-05-2011, 05:55   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Thanks Jay, glad someone else is interested, I'll keep you posted on the result.
Old 25-05-2011, 06:11   #10
Senior Member+

Result as promised, a great 3-2 win in the second overtime period. Now to wait for the winners of Boston and Tampa Bay for the Final. Best of seven games.
Old 25-05-2011, 06:32   #11
Resting in Peace

Can't wait, I'm so excited I've nearly wet mi pants
Old 25-05-2011, 14:20   #12
Senior Member+

patience lad, oh and try depends.
Old 31-05-2011, 20:39   #13
Senior Member+

First game tomorrow night {Wednesday** against Boston, best of seven.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:02   #14
Senior Member+

1-0 Canucks first game, 3-2 Canucks second game, now to Boston for games 3 and 4. Go Canucks Go
Old 11-06-2011, 05:16   #15
Senior Member+

After loosing games 3 and 4 in Boston the Canucks eeked out a squeeky 1-0 win in the 5th game in Vancouver to lead the series 3-2. Back to Boston on Sunday for game 6, a win will give them the Stanley cup a loss and we're back to Vancouver for game 7.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..