Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   DVD/TV/Film Discussion (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/)
-   -   X Factor 2010 Live Finals (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/x-factor-2010-live-finals-55217.html)

garinda 08-11-2010 10:01

Re: X Factor 2010 Live Finals

I love Rebecca Ferguson.

I don't care if she wins or not. I will be a fan.

Her unique talent touches me.

garinda 08-11-2010 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 859710)
I love Rebecca Ferguson.

I don't care if she wins or not. I will be a fan.

Her unique talent touches me.

I'm not ashamed, I had tears rolling down my face, watching her this week, and I don't rate it as my favourite performance of her's.

YouTube - Rebecca Ferguson - The X Factor - week 5

She's so sweet, shy, and self-effacing, then she sings, and becomes this amazing perforrmer, comparable with the all time greats, in my opinion.

kestrelx 08-11-2010 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 859716)
I'm not ashamed, I had tears rolling down my face, watching her this week, and I don't rate it as my favourite performance of her's.

YouTube - Matt Cardle "The First Time"(Ever I Saw Your Face) Live Show 5 X Factor 2010 //tv3 Ireland

She's so sweet, shy, and self-effacing, then she sings, and becomes this amazing perforrmer, comparable with the all time greats, in my opinion.

I don't really get Rebecca. :cool:I thought the best performance was Matt Cardle - the way he sings those high notes - to me he stands out off that performance as the most likely to get a big hit. ;)

garinda 08-11-2010 13:20

Matt's good, but I wouldn't sell a kidney to see him perform at Carnegie Hall, as I would for the chance to see the divine Miss Ferguson.

I rate her right up there with Billie Holiday, Nina Simone, and Ella Fitgerald.

kestrelx 08-11-2010 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 859744)
Matt's good, but I wouldn't sell a kidney to see him perform at Carnegie Hall, as I would for the chance to see the divine Miss Ferguson.

I rate her right up there with Billie Holiday, Nina Simone, and Ella Fitgerald.

I think his performance was vocally the best out of the lot. I know what you mean about Rebecca but perhaps in this day and age there isn't the market for it like there was in the 60's?

garinda 08-11-2010 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 859746)
I think his performance was vocally the best out of the lot. I know what you mean about Rebecca but perhaps in this day and age there isn't the market for it like there was in the 60's?

The jazz market's thriving still, and massive, world wide.

With the right management she could have a long, and acclaimed career.

Cowell might not be that manager, but he does have a lot of influence, here and in the States.

She's not everyone's cup of tea, but I adore her singing talents.

kestrelx 08-11-2010 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 859747)
The jazz market's thriving still, and massive, world wide.

With the right management she could have a long, and acclaimed career.

Cowell might not be that manager, but he does have a lot of influence, here and in the States.

She's not everyone's cup of tea, but I adore her singing talents.

Glad your in Love ;) You envisage her being similar to a female Michael Buble? I've not seen her dance yet though :confused:

heth 09-11-2010 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 859835)
Glad your in Love ;) You envisage her being similar to a female Michael Buble? I've not seen her dance yet though :confused:

I think she needs to come out from behind the mic, give her a lil jazzy number and she will do good. Katie should have deff gone this week she forgot her words...........again!! :D

garinda 09-11-2010 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 859835)

Micky Bubbles?

She's in a way higher league.

How old is she?

I was in Liverpool in the eighties.

She's so talented I'll have to check where I was sowing my seed.

:p:D:p

kestrelx 09-11-2010 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 860145)
I think she needs to come out from behind the mic, give her a lil jazzy number and she will do good. Katie should have deff gone this week she forgot her words...........again!! :D

I thought at last Katie is going to get the boot - she forgot words and sounded like she was falling apart - yet she still got through, very unfair. Was that a fix? Cheryl claims she didn't want to vote one of her girls out, but she did by being not voting - it would have been fairer to vote for the other one, then it would have gone to the viewers vote, instead of that sham.

garinda 09-11-2010 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 860176)
I thought at last Katie is going to get the boot - she forgot words and sounded like she was falling apart - yet she still got through, very unfair. Was that a fix?

Nah, Simon likes her.

kestrelx 09-11-2010 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 860178)
Nah, Simon likes her.

Probably because he wants to have a go at making her into UK's answer to Lady Gaga if she wins.

heth 09-11-2010 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 860176)
I thought at last Katie is going to get the boot - she forgot words and sounded like she was falling apart - yet she still got through, very unfair. Was that a fix?

well it does look like it and if I were Trayc I would be really peeed off!

Alan Varrechia 09-11-2010 21:59

Forget the sham that is the crap factor, and vote for The Bird is the Word by Peter Griffin for christmass no one. :D:D:D:D:D

cherokee 09-11-2010 22:02

OOOOO Matt to win . Hes Gorgeous, great voice and last sats performance, well, brilliant!!!