Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 12:35   #46
Senior Member+

re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If you think I'm trawling through the rubbish you post on here you've another think coming, but you used what is seemed to be a swear word and no action was taken, it know appears it was an oversite, oh and you weren't the only one
In 1991 I would not stand next to the Yorkshire Ripper - Jimmy Savile was wrong to do it! In 1991 when that photo had been taken the Ripper had been in prison for 10years and Savile thought it fit to rub shoulders with him!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2012, 12:41   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
If the policy 'don't speak ill of the dead' was universally applied, subsequent generations would never be told of the deeds of Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini.

Incidentally, my italian ex mother in law was eternally grateful to Mussolini because he financed surgery for her as a child - not a relative - just human compassion.

No one is 100% good - knowing their failings as well as their good deeds provides a balanced view of a personality.
Well said Margaret - Don't speak ill of the dead is superstition! No one is perfect and I just feel it wrong for Savile to pose with the Ripper after 10 years - what kind of signal does that send out to younger people! That you can kill people with a hammer, knife and screw driver and then only 10 years on pose with Celebrities! Wrong totally wrong!
Old 09-04-2012, 18:01   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
If the policy 'don't speak ill of the dead' was universally applied, subsequent generations would never be told of the deeds of Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini.

Incidentally, my italian ex mother in law was eternally grateful to Mussolini because he financed surgery for her as a child - not a relative - just human compassion.

No one is 100% good - knowing their failings as well as their good deeds provides a balanced view of a personality.
There's a bit of difference between the likes of Hitler Stalin Mussolini and Jimmy Savile, if Hitler had been a man and not topped himself he would have been executed for war crimes, Mussolini was strung up by his own people, Jimmy Savile was never charged with any crime what so ever, so I for one abhor people who are trying to drag his name through the mud when he's not around to defend himself and those people pushing these rumours have only done so now because they can't be sued for Libel and Slander, a mark of cowardice in itself
Old 09-04-2012, 19:09   #49
Senior Member+

Hitler Stalin Mussolini and Jimmy Saville thats a collection of names you dont usually see in the same sentence Totally agree john.
Old 09-04-2012, 19:13   #50
God Member

Those dictators were named to illustrate the point that 'speaking ill of the dead' is done selectively - and who has the right to decide who is selected?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 19:49   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Your wasting your time Dave as the good book says "and some fell on stony ground"

I realise that john, I think this thread has moved into the barmpot section, persons are linking Sir Jimmy with Hitler and Mussolini, mass murderers. What has jimmy ever been found guilty of, absolutely nothing, it just shows what links can be made when you talk out of an orifice not designed for conversation
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 19:57   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
How could he shake his hand? I would have turned and walked away.
I think it's sickening after what Sutcliffe did for him to be "hanging round" with celebrities only 10 years after he murdered 13 women and put the country through a terrible experience!

If Jimmy Savile felt the need to work as a porter in a high-security mental hospital for the criminally insane then he should have been more discrete about taking part in a photo like this!
Old 09-04-2012, 20:00   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
There's a bit of difference between the likes of Hitler Stalin Mussolini and Jimmy Savile, if Hitler had been a man and not topped himself he would have been executed for war crimes, Mussolini was strung up by his own people, Jimmy Savile was never charged with any crime what so ever, so I for one abhor people who are trying to drag his name through the mud when he's not around to defend himself and those people pushing these rumours have only done so now because they can't be sued for Libel and Slander, a mark of cowardice in itself

Your ignoring the facts as usual! Why is Jimmy Savile posing with a psycho only after 10 years in prison after what he did and what he put this country through with what he did! Why do you think that is right!

10 years and allowed to pose with celebrities it seems all wrong!
Old 09-04-2012, 21:18   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Your ignoring the facts as usual! Why is Jimmy Savile posing with a psycho only after 10 years in prison after what he did and what he put this country through with what he did! Why do you think that is right!

You cant ignore facts of misdemeanors if you don't provide any, what facts are you putting forward to support your implications.

You keep going back to the photo, but never mention Frank Bruno, he is also in the photo. What heinous crime has he committed, what about voluntary prison visitors, they mix with hardened criminals, what have they done against society.

You seem to be putting forward the argument that you can be guilty by association.

This is a very slippery slope, and it is something you have argued against in your" illegal drug" forum posts, and I have to say you took great exception to your "guilty by association" link against you.

thanks for the unsigned bad karma by the way

Last edited by davemac; 09-04-2012 at 21:21.
Old 09-04-2012, 23:28   #55
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
You keep going back to the photo, but never mention Frank Bruno, he is also in the photo. What heinous crime has he committed, what about voluntary prison visitors, they mix with hardened criminals, what have they done against society.
I mentioned him, how can he shake the hand of a man who murdered 13 women, especially the way he did. The man should have been put down like a mad dog.

They are as bad as each other for having anything to do with him.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:34   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
I mentioned him, how can he shake the hand of a man who murdered 13 women, especially the way he did. The man should have been put down like a mad dog.

yes you did, without actually saying his name, but that is not the original purpose of the thread.

The allegation was that there has been a cover up with regard to Sir Jim, but no support for this claim has been put forward, only guilt by association.

This is a blunderbuss defense, throwing in everything and hoping something sticks, and as I stated previously some of the theories have moved into the barmpot section
Old 10-04-2012, 08:38   #57
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Well we all agree about putting the likes of Sutcliffe Brady etc down as you say, I'll settle for hanging myself, something we'll never see because of the hand wringing bleeding heart liberals in out society
Old 10-04-2012, 08:40   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post

It seems all wrong that your still allowed to spout such dribble, day after day, now that is a crime
Old 10-04-2012, 11:11   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
It seems all wrong that your still allowed to spout such dribble, day after day, now that is a crime
I agree, on top of that if he doesnt agree with what you write he sends bad karma. Now that is throwing his dummy out of the pram
Old 10-04-2012, 16:26   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I agree, on top of that if he doesnt agree with what you write he sends bad karma. Now that is throwing his dummy out of the pram
Don't worry giving karma when your in the red don't alter owt.

The guy is a troll, and only likes to get a reaction. How he has the audacity to call others a troll is beyond me. He abodes in the largest metropolis in this fair land, it is not like he hasn't got anything better to do, but spends his time trying to wind folk up on here.

TROLL
odders is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..