Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 10:11   #181
Senior Member+

re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The link I provided in post #167 provided that autobiography quote, and another -
"Let me tell you about the fun part of the charity deal. I got a call one day from the chairman of a local council. He'd got a new idea for the annual mayoral ball and wanted to turn it into a big youth dance. and would I come? For years the affair had been just a bit stuffy and only attracted a couple of hundred locals. He wanted 2,000 and did I have any ideas? Sure I had. Good ideas are my strong point. I will come, to Orley in Yorkshire it was, if you will arrange for me to sleep in a tent up the local hillside with another tent alongside with six girls to sleep there as my bodyguards!
My demands really put the dance on the map and 2,000 tickets went like hot cakes. My ultimatum of "no tents, no girls, no me" meant the council had to go through with it."

That is shocking that he actually said that in his auto-biography and no body asked questions back then - very odd?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-10-2012, 11:31   #182
JFT96

Judging by the media and some of the posts on here, maybe we should do away with Due Process and go straight to sentancing, anybody got some rope to string him up

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:09   #183
Beacon of light

On question time last night Janet Street Porter said she knew about the rumours but said nothing...when asked why, she said she would not have been believed...my response to that is that she must bear some of the responsibility if this man did molest young girls.
Janet Street Porter has , in the past, been outspoken, but on this occasion she chose to stay silent.

The man is dead. There is nothing that anyone can do to change what happened in the past......personally I am more interested in the fact that the BBC defrauded governments out of taxes, which should have been paid into the communal pot by TV stars(refusing to employ them unless they took out tax avoidance contracts)..........is there no legal means to sue the BBC for the money?
Their actions were, if not exactly criminal, highly dubious.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:10   #184
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Judging by the media and some of the posts on here, maybe we should do away with Due Process and go straight to sentancing, anybody got some rope to string him up
What about all the things he has said? The 2 quotes that suggest he had runaway girl in his flat over night and knew he'd get away with it. The one about having 6 girls in a tent. And the taped conversation of him backing Gary Glitter, insinuating that Glitter had only had a "few films for his own use!" All suggest he had unsavoury tastes but was clever enough to cover his tracks.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:52   #185
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
What about all the things he has said? The 2 quotes that suggest he had runaway girl in his flat over night and knew he'd get away with it. The one about having 6 girls in a tent. And the taped conversation of him backing Gary Glitter, insinuating that Glitter had only had a "few films for his own use!" All suggest he had unsavoury tastes but was clever enough to cover his tracks.
What age were these girls? Did it happen? What proof do any of you have? Perhaps like the rest of us that liked GG, he was shocked to find that the guy was like that? I don't know you don't know, let's just throw another witch on the fire whilst we discuss this as sensible persecutors.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:56   #186
God Member

For those of you who say that women are speaking out for financial gain - here is credible witness (not victim)
Ex-York nurse saw Jimmy Savile ?molest? patient (From York Press)
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 13:49   #187
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What makes her credible? do yeh know the woman?
Old 05-10-2012, 13:49   #188
Beacon of light

If that had been me...and a nurse took no notice, I would have asked for the payphone to be brought to my bed and I would have telephoned the police myself.

It is no damn good bringing it up now the man is dead...it helps no-one, not the (alleged) victims or anyone else. It is just being turned into a media circus.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 13:57   #189
God Member

This media circus is a 'limited hangout'
Limited hangout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If the general public do not 'let the matter rest' there is a possibility that previous cover ups concerning child abuse will be re-examined.
Old 05-10-2012, 14:10   #190
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I can recall a certain doctor oer Hyde way, who many thought was credible, yeh aint said why yeh say this retired nurse is?
Old 05-10-2012, 14:16   #191
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I can recall a certain doctor oer Hyde way, who many thought was credible, yeh aint said why yeh say this retired nurse is?
She is an elderly retired professional who has nothing to gain by speaking out, and maybe will receive verbal abuse from persons who still regard themselves as his fans.

This is stating the obvious - but you did ask
Old 05-10-2012, 14:33   #192
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
She is an elderly retired professional who has nothing to gain by speaking out, and maybe will receive verbal abuse from persons who still regard themselves as his fans.

This is stating the obvious - but you did ask
That does not make her credible.
Old 05-10-2012, 14:48   #193
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That does not make her credible.
Have you ever been on jury duty?
Old 05-10-2012, 15:40   #194
I am Banned

Question Sir Jimmy Saville

I assume that liz who Acts as the Queen knighted him? I wonder how many other of the queen's knights are pedophiles,rapist etc?
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 15:58   #195
God Member

Re: Sir Jimmy Saville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
I assume that liz who Acts as the Queen knighted him? I wonder how many other of the queen's knights are pedophiles,rapist etc?
If this is some sort of attempt to smear the Queen, who is popular with many in your country and in mine, it is pretty lame. As far as I am aware, it is the U.K. government who puts forward the names of those who are to be honored. If I'm wrong about this, feel free etc. It's not like there's a Round Table any more. And from what I read ... and my comprehension level is, at least, average ... there are numerous allegations agaist the puissant knight, but nothing which can be called "proof". Not to mention that he just might not show up in court to defend himself. If he does, then that will be newsworthy.

Last edited by Eric; 05-10-2012 at 16:02.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..