Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 23:06   #316
Senior Member+

Re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

It says including somebody from within the COE.... well that doesn't surprise me. The amount of these monstrosities that actually exist does. To me its further proof that god does not exist.
Old 12-10-2012, 23:10   #317
God Member

Whilst delving into this topic I learned that all contributions to Childline are passed to NSPCC - and one of the NSPCC chiefs is Mandelson!
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 09:14   #318
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Nothing to be proud of being right unfortunately if he was dodgy would have been better if he was exposed then prosecuted whilst alive.
All it seems to me is nobody can trust anyone with their young children so always be there to protect them. I might talk to people like that every day but I can't tell who is what, I just don't know.

Actually if it's all true and it seems it is, Savile has done much more harm to the world than all the money in the world can fix. As now there will be much more paranoia and suspicion about people that may be genuinely trying to do good things for people.

So that is a good point Less, also anyone who is eccentric is now more likely to be labelled a Paedo because of this.

Also when I started this thread I got a lot of bad karma and attacks - now it seems I am vindicated and a few apologies wouldn't go amiss!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 09:18   #319
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Nah your right Less,I won't use the ignore function. This idiot can be dealt with
Da da da da da da!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 09:31   #320
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well i don't remember giving yeh any red fer it? still if i did yeh would know, cos i sign em.
Old 13-10-2012, 13:24   #321
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If i knew what that was, i may even agree wi yeh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
And if that doesn't answer your question Cashy & you're actually referring to the D-Notice, this may help.

'Blair covering up paedophile scandal?' | www.tpuc.org
Old 13-10-2012, 13:56   #322
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
And if that doesn't answer your question Cashy & you're actually referring to the D-Notice, this may help.

'Blair covering up paedophile scandal?' | www.tpuc.org
Ta Dave seems our World Statesman has even more to answer for, Bet Toffee Guy n Gynn say little about this?
Old 13-10-2012, 14:05   #323
God Member

I find this rather explosive reading - politicians blackmailing each other because of their perversions.

Tony Blair as 'Miranda '
Old 13-10-2012, 14:49   #324
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I find this rather explosive reading - politicians blackmailing each other because of their perversions.

Tony Blair as 'Miranda '
Ha Margaret had to laugh at one of the typos in that article...

How Britain came to be in the EU under such disastrous terms was because Edward Heath was allegedly a cuprophiliac, he would regularly take boys from certain care homes away on his boat for weekends

So he liked copper, did he? More likely he was a coprophiliac:

someone with a marked interest in excrement, especially the use of feces or filth for sexual excitement

Good ol' Ted - used to see him around the local pubs when we and he lived in/near Salisbury after he retired. He always had his minder with him but no little boys.

(I see that typo has been faithfully reproduced in several other articles if you can believe a google search - oh the joys of cut and paste!
Old 13-10-2012, 15:01   #325
God Member

Heaven forbid that pedophiliac investigations be abandoned because of a spelling mistake
Old 13-10-2012, 15:04   #326
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Heaven forbid that pedophiliac investigations be abandoned because of a spelling mistake
No - but I would say whoever wrote that hadn't a clue what either word meant and copied it from somewhere, because it or its connotations are not referred to again. How many other people know what it means - they'd read that and think "oh that must be something really dirty" without being too sure.
Old 13-10-2012, 15:11   #327
God Member

His name crops up numerous times - this is just another

THE DISCLOSURE PROJECT: Child Abuse : Kincora Scandal - MP Ted Heath Visits Kincora

I had never heard of that sexual practice before this scandal broke. It seems that faeces are frozen in a condom - home made appliances maybe?

I saw on one forum that a customs officer was puzzled by finding condoms in Savile's luggage.
Old 13-10-2012, 16:00   #328
Senior Member+

Quote:
His name crops up numerous times - this is just another

THE DISCLOSURE PROJECT: Child Abuse : Kincora Scandal - MP Ted Heath Visits Kincora

I had never heard of that sexual practice before this scandal broke. It seems that faeces are frozen in a condom - home made appliances maybe?

I saw on one forum that a customs officer was puzzled by finding condoms in Savile's luggage.
You're a mine of unbelievable information, MargaretR. I'm now a wiser(but shocked) man.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 16:26   #329
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
You're a mine of unbelievable information, MargaretR. I'm now a wiser(but shocked) man.

I knew such sites must exist, now I'm afraid, very afraid, I can no longer say I've never visited one.

I feel so dirty, if I go for a bath in bleach will I be able to scrub away the effects?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 17:50   #330

When I said I always thought he was dodgy it never really occurred to me that he may be a paedophile, more that he was dangerous in a Krays sort of way, just goes to show how foolish we can be, looking at his use of charity work to gain access to victims, it's obvious what he was up to.
But taking a broader view, in the times he was operating, mainly the sixties to early eighties public perception was far different.
One example - I've been watching episodes of A Touch of Frost and thought I'd like to read the books that the series is based on. I downloaded the first book, written in the early eighties on to my Kindle, and having read it I am shocked! Inspector Frost and his colleagues are sex obsessed, sexist, racist dinosaurs who can't distinguish between children and adults - one bit has Frost finding obscene photos of children taken by a vicar and doing nothing because 'he wasn't doing any harm', in others he speaks sexually of being interested in twelve year old girls. Not the cosy Inspector Frost we know from the telly at all!
What I'm saying is that this was the culture of the time which allowed Jimmy Saville to do what he did throughout his life with no repercussions.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..