Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 18:26   #211
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If that had been me...and a nurse took no notice, I would have asked for the payphone to be brought to my bed and I would have telephoned the police myself.

It is no damn good bringing it up now the man is dead...it helps no-one, not the (alleged) victims or anyone else. It is just being turned into a media circus.
Its worse than a circus, Yes, I could consider young ladies of a certain age 'offering' themselves to a celebrity...

It happens, that does not mean it has happened in this case, if it has I repeat, he has/would/ upset me, all men try not to give way to their basic instincts, women also try their best not to give in to their oh so basic interest, populate the world as soon as puberty hits in.

Bad karma coming my way, what the hey, you silly folk deserve it more than I do!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-10-2012, 18:39   #212
JFT96

Red face Re: Sir Jimmy Saville

Heard rumors.
That would not stand up in court.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 18:52   #213
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
On question time last night Janet Street Porter said she knew about the rumours but said nothing...when asked why, she said she would not have been believed...my response to that is that she must bear some of the responsibility if this man did molest young girls.
Janet Street Porter has , in the past, been outspoken, but on this occasion she chose to stay silent.

The man is dead. There is nothing that anyone can do to change what happened in the past......personally I am more interested in the fact that the BBC defrauded governments out of taxes, which should have been paid into the communal pot by TV stars(refusing to employ them unless they took out tax avoidance contracts)..........is there no legal means to sue the BBC for the money?
Their actions were, if not exactly criminal, highly dubious.
Well Janet Street Porter did mention she was left at a hairdressers by her mother when she was about 12 and the man groped her breasts. When she told her mother she was slapped and that is what put her off complaining!

Also if you were in a job and you'd think twice about complaining if the person you complained about was very powerful and could end your career.

Yes he is dead but if you had been abused you'd be aware how bad it makes you feel and that telling someone can help.

Last edited by kestrelx; 05-10-2012 at 18:55.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 18:56   #214
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Well Janet Street Porter did mention she was left at a hairdressers by her mother when she was about 12 and the man groped her breasts. When she told her mother she was slapped and that is what put her off complaining!

Also if you were in job and you'd think twice about complaining if the person you complained about was very powerful and could end your career.

Yes he is dead but if you had been abused you'd be aware how bad it makes you feel and that telling someone can help.
So why wait 30 years to tell some body
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 19:44   #215
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
So why wait 30 years to tell some body
Why stick it to Jimmy Savile then? Why would a bunch of people suddenly decide to start telling lies and some have remained annonymous when nothing to gain from that!
Old 05-10-2012, 19:51   #216
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Why stick it to Jimmy Savile then? Why would a bunch of people suddenly decide to start telling lies and some have remained annonymous when nothing to gain from that!
So why do loads confess to murder then? nothing to gain, they get little or no publicity, only in there own minds, My point is theres no real stand up evidence at this point.

Last edited by cashman; 05-10-2012 at 19:56.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 19:56   #217
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
So why do loads confess to murder then? nothing to gain, they get little or no publicity, only in there own minds,
Is it the same thing? Who told you 40 people admit to each murder? Don't they get done for wasting Police time?

The Police are going to assess the complaints to see whether to take it further. Surely any liars will be in trouble if their claims do not stand up to scrutiny and being in the right place at the right time.
Old 05-10-2012, 20:01   #218
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Is it the same thing? Who told you 40 people admit to each murder? Don't they get done for wasting Police time?

The Police are going to assess the complaints to see whether to take it further. Surely any liars will be in trouble if their claims do not stand up to scrutiny and being in the right place at the right time.
I did not say each murder,i said High profile uns, Which i read in a True Detective Mag or summat of that nature, and No generally they do not get done, They write em off as nutters, wrong to me they should be done.
Old 05-10-2012, 21:57   #219

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The link I provided in post #167 provided that autobiography quote, and another -
"Let me tell you about the fun part of the charity deal. I got a call one day from the chairman of a local council. He'd got a new idea for the annual mayoral ball and wanted to turn it into a big youth dance. and would I come? For years the affair had been just a bit stuffy and only attracted a couple of hundred locals. He wanted 2,000 and did I have any ideas? Sure I had. Good ideas are my strong point. I will come, to Orley in Yorkshire it was, if you will arrange for me to sleep in a tent up the local hillside with another tent alongside with six girls to sleep there as my bodyguards!
My demands really put the dance on the map and 2,000 tickets went like hot cakes. My ultimatum of "no tents, no girls, no me" meant the council had to go through with it."
In an earlier post I mentioned taking things out of context...

perfect example watch 26.00 to 26.30 in this link

Old 05-10-2012, 22:12   #220
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thing is though yeh need a sense of humour to appreciate it.
Old 05-10-2012, 23:23   #221
Senior Member+

I think that is David Walliams half way between being one of his charcters from Little Britain he's joking. I've already said this - Savile is clearly heard supporting Gary Glitter which says a lot, it's not a joke.

Also in the the film "Withnail and I" as they are driving along in a car one of the characters shouts out at school girls suggesting he's interested in underage girls...there seems to be a streak in the film world indicating an undercurrent of this kind of activity! For example Bill Wyman got away with it with Mandy Smith who was underage; 13 when she started seeing him.

Last edited by kestrelx; 05-10-2012 at 23:30.
Old 05-10-2012, 23:34   #222
I am Banned

Re: Sir Jimmy Saville

i'm sure the truth (proof) will come out in the wash
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 23:35   #223
Senior Member+

She relates how she got a slap off her mother when she told her that a male hairdresser she was left with, groped her breasts aged 12!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:09   #224
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I've already said this - Savile is clearly heard supporting Gary Glitter which says a lot, it's not a joke.
Yes you have,
Lord Longford was well known for trying to assist the moors murderers, that doesn't make him a child murderer.
I couldn't understand Longford's support of them, I can't understand Saville's support for GG, but that does not make him guilty.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:13   #225
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
i'm sure the truth (proof) will come out in the wash
I very much doubt it, one persons word does not mean its true, also it does not mean it is not true.
Unfortunately as the man is dead there cannot be any trial to determine the truth.
What has annoyed and is still annoying me is this, there are too many of my fellow posters on here who have decided he is guilty, based on Media reports and a television program. I thought we were better than that.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..