Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2013, 18:36   #16

Re: Britains Got Talent

les dawson did prove in what ever way,he was a genius, pure talent, as with opportunity knocks, the not so good acts got knowhere, as I said i dont watch b.g.t because of the rubbish acts,
janloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-06-2013, 21:20   #17
Senior Member+

I get that there are lots who, for whatever reason, don`t like BGT, the thread wasn`t about the actual program, it was about one act on the program - Attraction. Whether you like the program or not, they are well worth a look. Video is in post No.9 and is based on the life of one of the performers. It was amazing and sad at the same time.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:23   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I get that there are lots who, for whatever reason, don`t like BGT, the thread wasn`t about the actual program, it was about one act on the program - Attraction. Whether you like the program or not, they are well worth a look. Video is in post No.9 and is based on the life of one of the performers. It was amazing and sad at the same time.
Sorry if that seemed like a whinge, it wasn`t meant to.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:36   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I was always a great Les Dawson fan, But disagree it don't show me theres a need fer tripe like those shows, It does show he got his break through one thats all. I firmly believe it would have happened anyway,a bit later probably, but the guy was too talented not to make it.
Come on Cashy he was a terrible pianist, when he wanted to be
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:39   #20
Resting in Peace

I don't watch the program, but there was a 14 year old disabled lad on BBC Breakfast this morning, who's in the final as a comedian, he was brilliant, a star in the making
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 19:53   #21
Senior Member+

Hope you`re watching the final Jaysay, a women managed to get on stage and egged Simon Comell.
Old 08-06-2013, 20:03   #22
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Hope you`re watching the final Jaysay, a women managed to get on stage and egged Simon Comell.

What a waste of an egg!
MargaretR likes this.
Old 08-06-2013, 20:04   #23
Senior Member+

Abz and Luminites should team up.
Old 08-06-2013, 21:04   #24
Senior Member+

Runner up, a bit insensitive. Very funny guy.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:04   #25
Senior Member+

the egg incident
Old 09-06-2013, 07:47   #26
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Come on Cashy he was a terrible pianist, when he wanted to be
Speaking of bad Pianist's.........

So a television show called Britain's got Talent is now a talent show for anyone outside of Britain.
I must admit I enjoyed the egg throwing scene, watched on the news this morning...
cashman, mobertol and Restless like this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 15:58   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Speaking of bad Pianist's.........

So a television show called Britain's got Talent is now a talent show for anyone outside of Britain.
I must admit I enjoyed the egg throwing scene, watched on the news this morning...
Vintage M & W
Can't see the egg-throwing unfortunately-great pubblicity stunt for Mr. Cowell.
We have "Italy's Got talent" over here and one of the best acts on last time round were two British guys "Faces of Disco" -i have looked them up and they were on BGT in 2009!!! There were also a pair of Spanish gypsies and numerous other contestants who were not Italian...I wouldn't be surprised if some acts do the rounds of Europe.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 12-06-2013 at 16:07.
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 16:39   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
I`m sure there are are loads on here who don`t watch BGT, but the silouette act ( Attraction ) that`s just been on was amazing, had me in tears.
Yes but all the 3 performances they did were all very similar and the last one was basically just like a travel brochure for Great Britain - propaganda! It's all got very predictable - the 2 welsh opera singers deserved to have eggs slung during their performance.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 16:50   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Runner up, a bit insensitive. Very funny guy.
Mmm in two minds about that - it poses the question that now every disabled person must bear the brunt of taking jokes about disability now. Though this kid takes it with a pinch of salt perhaps others may not - and should they be expected to? Note that is a question not a statement (jaysay)

Last edited by kestrelx; 12-06-2013 at 16:52.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 17:03   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Yes but all the 3 performances they did were all very similar and the last one was basically just like a travel brochure for Great Britain - propaganda! It's all got very predictable - the 2 welsh opera singers deserved to have eggs slung during their performance.
I agree, I thought the performance in the final was a bit boring and didn`t deserve to win, my post was about there second performance.
susie123 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..