Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2012, 15:36   #121
God Member

Re: Downton Abbey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I am. But I have heard a rumour that - for the next series - Lord Grantham & his family will lose Downton in 1925 and will be moving to a two-up-two-down terraced house in Accy. Has anyone else heard the same?
It's called down-sizing.

Have just pre-ordered the 3rd series on Amazon +complimentary diary. Have heard it's very good and my friend thinks I'll really like it -says it's better than the last series...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2012, 20:47   #122
Senior Member+

last 2 have been really sad

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:20   #123
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
last 2 have been really sad
I am awaiting delivery of series 3 -has been despatched by Amazon-I have been told it is much better than series 2 but that someone "pegged it" part way through - hope it isn't too sad! Have been avoiding any news of the series on internet -spoilers etc as I'm so looking forward to seeing it!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 07-11-2012, 11:58   #124
Senior Member+

i dont want to give anything away but it is really sad

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 14:36   #125
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I am awaiting delivery of series 3 -has been despatched by Amazon-I have been told it is much better than series 2 but that someone "pegged it" part way through - hope it isn't too sad! Have been avoiding any news of the series on internet -spoilers etc as I'm so looking forward to seeing it!
Very sad but with a happy ending, enjoy
Old 27-12-2012, 13:31   #126
God Member

I really enjoyed watching the Xmas special but have seen that it has been slated in the press and many thought it was too long. I suppose many were disappointed because it wasn't actually a Xmassy setting but I enjoyed the jaunt to Scotland and it has set up plenty of future story-lines which are obviously going to be followed up in the next series.

Had no inkling of Matthew's apparent demise so that was a bit of a shock ending but since he has once risen from being a paralytic maybe this time he'll be raised from the dead -that's if the actor gets a big enough incentive to stay on in the part.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 27-12-2012, 14:29   #127
Resting In Peace

I thought the Christmas special was very disappointing. Too long, too many new characters and having the story set in two different places made it very disjointed. And there wasn't much of a story and what there was was predictable - you just knew that something would happen to Mary and she would have the baby before the end of the episode. However Matthew's accident at the end came right out of left field but if that's all they can do to move the story on then I'm not sure it bodes well for the future of the series.

And please get rid of Rose -she's driving me mad already and adds little or nothing to the cast or story.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-...disappointment

Last edited by susie123; 27-12-2012 at 14:34.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..