Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2011, 17:56   #31
God Member

Re: Eastenders

they are axing the storyline now because they have had too many complaints
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-01-2011, 18:02   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
they are axing the storyline now because they have had too many complaints
Its a pity they ain't axing the show
Old 07-01-2011, 18:10   #33
God Member

BBC bosses axe EastEnders baby swap plot earlier than planned - mirror.co.uk

Plans to continue the story until Christmas have been scrapped and Kat, played by Jessie Wallace, will be reunited with baby Tommy by the spring.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 18:11   #34
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Personally I can't be doing with any of it & seeing as this storyline has caused so many complaints, well this one will have the outraged masses in further uproar ! As to what the Daily Pink will make of it ?

NewsNow: Loading story...
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 18:19   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
How come no one in stenders has got a washing machine, yhey all seem to go to the bag wash!!!!!!
How come also in soaps they all go to the same pub. And the pub always seem to have a lot in. Not exactly reflecting real life with pubs shutting all over the place. I know it's only a soap, but I just find it comical.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 18:23   #36
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
How come also in soaps they all go to the same pub. And the pub always seem to have a lot in.
Don't you think that if you lived in such a depressing "Village of the damned" wouldn't you spend all your time down the Pub ?
Old 07-01-2011, 21:19   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
What pleasure do soap fans get from watching these story lines depicting misery?

Does it make you comfortable thinking that some people are having a harder time than you?
I agree with you Margaret, why do these people keep wanting to watch the same misery repeated - this particular character Ronnie, lost her daughther in a car accident last year, which was pretty bleak - this story line is just more misery for her. I didn't watch it but I think it's abhorent!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 13:21   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
How come also in soaps they all go to the same pub. And the pub always seem to have a lot in.
And in both Eastenders and Coronation Street, characters moan about being short of money, then go and eat in the local cafe.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 13:56   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
And in both Eastenders and Coronation Street, characters moan about being short of money, then go and eat in the local cafe.
Ya but not many seem to go on a cruise for their holidays gynn
Old 08-01-2011, 14:23   #40
Clearly Classy.......

Both myself and Ian will not be watching this programme again until this ridiculous storyline has ended.[/quote]

I agree Julie. In fact do what I do and don't watch the drivel at all!! Can't do with soaps, period!! Dont watch trash like X-Factor of Talent shows, they just annoy the heck out of me!!!

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 14:35   #41
Resting in Peace

Well seeing its such a terrible plot line and there have been about 8000 complaints, which is a record for Eastenders I think, the viewing figures have gone through the ceiling, nearly 12 million watched on Friday night, funny old world
Old 08-01-2011, 14:49   #42
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
nearly 12 million watched on Friday night, funny old world
Morbid curiosity I believe it's called, people hear how bad or horrible something is & they go & have a look. "Gaffers" who slow down to look at accidents & someone else's misfortunes, it is though part of Human nature so folk will never change, but some can resist better than others.
Old 08-01-2011, 16:39   #43
Beacon of light

I think this subject has been treated with insensitivity.
In my work, I came into contact with many bereaved parents.....I could not see any of them being so crassly selfish as to deprive another mother of her child to ease their own feelings. The only thing these parents wish for, is to have their own child healthy, and back in the family circle.

I am sure this has been painful for bereaved parents to watch....and it doesn't matter how long ago the bereavement happened, the wound is still there.

Eastenders cannot undo the damage that has been done, but they should take the story line out of the program.....NOW, not wait until spring.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:05   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well seeing its such a terrible plot line and there have been about 8000 complaints, which is a record for Eastenders I think, the viewing figures have gone through the ceiling, nearly 12 million watched on Friday night, funny old world

Are you one of the 12 million watching it John?!
I still have not watched it since just after Christmas.
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:07   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Eastenders cannot undo the damage that has been done, but they should take the story line out of the program.....NOW, not wait until spring.

Totally agree with you Margaret, although I think the other half wishes it went on all year as he has been enjoying me not making him watch it!!!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..