Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2011, 14:21   #16
God Member

Re: Jennifer Connelly's new arrival

Labyrinth is a film with David Bowie in it. I suppose nobody has heard of him either.

Blood Diamond is a film as well, not a series.

She's not some small American actress, she's in big films.

blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-06-2011, 14:24   #17
God Member

Also Agnes is the name of the wonderful young, trendy supermodel Agnes Deyn. I don't really like that silly attitude of "old lady names" just because some names were more popular when the older generation were young. I suppose in 60 years people are going to say Chantelle is an old lady name as well.
Old 10-06-2011, 14:27   #18
God Member

She was also in Requiem For a Dream, a popular film directed by the same guy who directed the recent film, Black Swan.
Old 10-06-2011, 14:42   #19
God Member

Monitors - are you reading this?

Could you please start a new section called 'Toilet U Bend' whereby rubbish like this thread can be quickly flushed away or otherwise ignored as some form of the resultant of E.Coli? I've just wasted a minute of my valuable time reading this nonsense in order to find the Accy connection and there is none whatsoever. So get your act togeather and get this garbage off here PDQ.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 14:43   #20
Beacon of light

Well the trendy supermodel (originally from Ramsbottom) spells her name Agyness....and if I remember rightly that isn't her real name.

As for your tag of 'silly'...it is an old lady name to me. I cannot for a moment imagine calling a baby Agnes, no more that I can imagine an old lady called Chantelle...they seem incongruous to me.....and I am entitled to my opinion, as you are entitled to yours.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 14:44   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

bowie is a great artist blaze, but as fer acting he should stick to music, like most of em.
Old 10-06-2011, 14:46   #22
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Monitors - are you reading this?

Could you please start a new section called 'Toilet U Bend' whereby rubbish like this thread can be quickly flushed away or otherwise ignored as some form of the resultant of E.Coli? I've just wasted a minute of my valuable time reading this nonsense in order to find the Accy connection and there is none whatsoever. So get you act togeather and get this garbage off here
PDQ.
for the first time in ages........I agree with you Tealeaf......it is rubbish
Old 10-06-2011, 14:50   #23
God Member

I haven't read much by this "Bee" person but I can tell from skimming through other threads that he/she is treated with contempt most of the time. If a well liked member of the forum had posted about the arrival of this child I should imagine people would at least be showing more manners rather than being rude and obnoxious.

Agnes/Agyness
Claire/Clare
Michelle/Michele
Ashley/Ashleigh

They sound the same so any pedantic comments may as well just be ignored. May I take this opportunity to note that I must call my future child a modern name rather than bringing an older name back to life for fear of upsetting the elderly.
Old 10-06-2011, 14:53   #24
God Member

As for Labyrinth, it is a great film which is highly rated despite the fact that David Bowie wasn't a born actor. I don't think his acting is that poor in it though personally. It is a fantasy film and he plays his part well as the goblin king.

I'm more shocked that people haven't seen Labyrinth more than the fact that they haven't heard of Jennifer Connelly!
Old 10-06-2011, 14:56   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

if yeh were taking notice n not just skimming yeh would see the reason, anyone well liked or not would get the same treatment, i thought you were reasonably bright?
Old 10-06-2011, 15:05   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
They sound the same so any pedantic comments may as well just be ignored. May I take this opportunity to note that I must call my future child a modern name rather than bringing an older name back to life for fear of upsetting the elderly.
Here's an idea for your future brat, Blazey:

Just call him/she Plonker jnr.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 15:10   #27
God Member

Plonker is an old fashioned word as well so that probably wouldn't work either. If I ever move back to Accrington I'll call my little girl Chardonnay or a little boy Ferdinand so he fits in. Ferdinand might be a bit too multicultural though for white pride Accy.

Skimming through by my terms means skimming to see what the topic is rather than reading through full posts. I don't care much for this forum and have only been posting irregular comments recently so I can play games in the arcade. I don't care if you hate Bee or if you haven't seen Labyrinth that much as it obviously bears no relevance on my actual life. I don't even live there any more so everything posted is mostly irrelevant to me.
Old 10-06-2011, 15:21   #28
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I haven't read much by this "Bee" person but I can tell from skimming through other threads that he/she is treated with contempt most of the time. If a well liked member of the forum had posted about the arrival of this child I should imagine people would at least be showing more manners rather than being rude and obnoxious.

Agnes/Agyness
Claire/Clare
Michelle/Michele
Ashley/Ashleigh

Blazey...you can call any child you have, anything you like.
What you call any child youhave is up to you.
What I was saying was, personally, I do not like the name.

You don't need to get on your high horse, after all in the great scheme of things, it doesn't matter what you, or this actress I have never heard of call your respective offspring.
Old 10-06-2011, 15:23   #29
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
if yeh were taking notice n not just skimming yeh would see the reason, anyone well liked or not would get the same treatment, i thought you were reasonably bright?
Spot on Cashy.

Blazey if you had ploughed through the posts that this member has put on the forum it would be quite clear to you why this thread has been ridiculed. And if you don't care for the forum...why do you keep on coming back?
It is dross and I will post nothing more to it.
Old 10-06-2011, 15:36   #30
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Yes I've seen the film but as it was released in 1986, quite a few years have passed & the then young (16) Miss Connelly certainly wasn't a household name, I had to check back to find out who she was. Further to that I don't really watch many films unless they're something that appeals to my particular tastes, so again Miss Connelly has been well off my radar. However had she been whipping her kit off & getting her bits out on a regular basis I'm pretty sure I'd have been well aware of her then !

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..