Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2011, 09:56   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Jennifer Connelly's new arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
John.........I am saying this against my better judgement, but as he has got older I have decided that the only place he has any taste is in his mouth!
And before you tell me that he chose me...I would tell you that that was before his taste disappeared

I hate Sherlock Holmes films.......and The Lady Vanishes makes me cringe.....it is so awful. The other films that he seems to watch on a'loop' are the Any Which Way films.......Clint Eastwood.......Brucel Willis films....and the Home Alone series(which are funny the first time, but after that they they are tiresome. tedious and boring(not necessarily in that order.)
Think yourself lucky he isn't craving vids of the Pussy Cat Dolls and the like, Sherlock seems very peaceful and sedate to me
Old 16-06-2011, 10:30   #47
Beacon of light

He might be saving the viewing of the Pussy Cat Dolls for when I have thrown in the towel and headed off to bedfordshire.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 17:11   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
He might be saving the viewing of the Pussy Cat Dolls for when I have thrown in the towel and headed off to bedfordshire.
This gone right off topic now - Pussy cat dolls and Sherlock Holmes and Spamming Trolls!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 17:27   #49
God Member

Quote:
John.........I am saying this against my better judgement, but as he has got older I have decided that the only place he has any taste is in his mouth!
And before you tell me that he chose me...I would tell you that that was before his taste disappeared

I hate Sherlock Holmes films.......and The Lady Vanishes makes me cringe.....it is so awful. The other films that he seems to watch on a'loop' are the Any Which Way films.......Clint Eastwood.......Brucel Willis films....and the Home Alone series(which are funny the first time, but after that they they are tiresome. tedious and boring(not necessarily in that order.)
I agree about "The Lady Vanishes" and the Any Which Way films (although I watch "The Unforgiven", "The Outlaw Josey Wales", and, especially, "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" over, and over .... ) ... Bruce Willis sucks. Some critic once said about Alan Ladd that he had two styles of acting: hat on, hat off. Willis lacks even that versatility. And "Home Alone", ecch. But I still like Joe Pesci, and watch "My Cousin Vinny" quite often. But Sherlock Holmes! With Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce. Classics. If it gets too bad, remember that the remote makes a good suppository
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 17:45   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I agree about "The Lady Vanishes" and the Any Which Way films (although I watch "The Unforgiven", "The Outlaw Josey Wales", and, especially, "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" over, and over .... ) ... Bruce Willis sucks. Some critic once said about Alan Ladd that he had two styles of acting: hat on, hat off. Willis lacks even that versatility. And "Home Alone", ecch. But I still like Joe Pesci, and watch "My Cousin Vinny" quite often. But Sherlock Holmes! With Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce. Classics. If it gets too bad, remember that the remote makes a good suppository
Always knew you had a way with words Eric
Old 16-06-2011, 17:54   #51
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
This gone right off topic now - Pussy cat dolls and Sherlock Holmes and Spamming Trolls!
No it hasn't......we were discussing films and viewing habits, which is all related to the topic of this jennifer what's her face...we were no more off topic than that of David Bowie...etc.
Old 16-06-2011, 17:58   #52
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
If it gets too bad, remember that the remote makes a good suppository
I' ve to find some way to prise it out of his hand first Eric........but it is something that has crossed my mind.......but hang on how would I change the channels?
Old 16-06-2011, 22:07   #53
God Member

Quote:
I' ve to find some way to prise it out of his hand first Eric........but it is something that has crossed my mind.......but hang on how would I change the channels?
Most of the alternatives I can think about are messy, intrusive, and painful. You could always buy a new remote
Old 17-06-2011, 06:22   #54
Beacon of light

Eric, I am more bothered by the messy than the painful....after all it wouldn't be me experiencing the pain(I don't think)....as for a new remote......well that won't be necessary either.....I can get up, walk to the TV and use the little button on the TV! What a strange concept.
Old 17-06-2011, 09:05   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Eric, I am more bothered by the messy than the painful....after all it wouldn't be me experiencing the pain(I don't think)....as for a new remote......well that won't be necessary either.....I can get up, walk to the TV and use the little button on the TV! What a strange concept.
Do they still make um wi them buttons Margaret
Old 17-06-2011, 10:43   #56
Beacon of light

Yes, unobtrusive they are, but a bit like men really, if you know where to look, you can get it to do your bidding, as long as it is only changing channel, brightness, sound etc.......it won't do the washing up.
Old 17-06-2011, 11:52   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
No it hasn't......we were discussing films and viewing habits, which is all related to the topic of this jennifer what's her face...we were no more off topic than that of David Bowie...etc.
Most threads posted here end up becoming off topic personal chats about nothing!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 12:10   #58
Beacon of light

I have said this many times...when y ou have a conversation with someone....it meanders, and sometimes one topic will lead to another on being brought up....it is the natural way of things.
This is the the same...talking about a film star(?) leads to the discussion of films(which you freely participated in) which leads to the discussion of viewing habits....so broadly all within the same subject.
And isn't post 57 off topic then?......just asking.
Old 17-06-2011, 15:15   #59
God Member

Quote:
Most threads posted here end up becoming off topic personal chats about nothing!
Kinda like "Seinfeld", eh. Or, better still, "Corner Gas".
Old 17-06-2011, 17:54   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You should know all about that

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..