Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2013, 18:55   #31
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Skint. Channel 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
I was working in a team that included younger people who had it as their
main job. I checked the company's website today & they are still recruiting for the same job (all over the country). It's not the system that's wrong it's people whose life choice is to rely on the system.

IF it's their life choice then I agree, however if they have no choice, then it's the system not people at fault.

I make the same mistake as you, always ready to blame anyone that doesn't live within my life's framework, even if their's is just as noble though different to mine.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-05-2013, 19:39   #32

People make the mistake of thinking that having a job is just about the pay - it isn't. It's about applying yourself, social interaction, progression. The low paid job I had offered promotion prospects for those with the commitment to work hard, learn and take responsibility (not what I wanted but others profited ). If you have a job & show reliability and consistency it makes it that much easier to get other jobs. You can't go in at the top. Just get on the ladder & climb.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 19:53   #33

Quote:
People make the mistake of thinking that having a job is just about the pay - it isn't. It's about applying yourself, social interaction, progression. The low paid job I had offered promotion prospects for those with the commitment to work hard, learn and take responsibility (not what I wanted but others profited ). If you have a job & show reliability and consistency it makes it that much easier to get other jobs. You can't go in at the top. Just get on the ladder & climb.
It's also about social opinion, go to a wedding for example, meet strangers, they ask what do you do?

Tell them I'm unemployed, you're put in a box in their mind, being able to say I'm a splurge wrangler is an important part of how others react to a person.

Just as you personally react as if someone these day's chooses to be unemployed.

No they don't in most cases, when 3,500 folk put themselves forward for a job of shelf filler at a local Tesco, there aren't that many other jobs or you wouldn't get that many applicants.
Old 21-05-2013, 20:04   #34

What are you on about? It's not about people's reactions at weddings FFS. There ARE jobs but many of the unemployed won't do them 'cos they don't pay enough. They don't have the foresight to see it might lead to better things.
Old 21-05-2013, 20:14   #35

Quote:
What are you on about? It's not about people's reactions at weddings FFS. There ARE jobs but many of the unemployed won't do them 'cos they don't pay enough. They don't have the foresight to see it might lead to better things.
So social standing means nothing to you? Although you're proud to have worked?

Quote:
There ARE jobs but many of the unemployed won't do them 'cos they don't pay enough.
That say's it all, they don't pay enough, what sort of explanation do you need?

Quote:
They don't have the foresight to see it might lead to better things.
Who do you mean by 'they', surely you must know someone unemployed? Is that person so different to you that they are part of a sub-culture?

You really are on a planet within you're own mind, please stop posting, I can't think of any more simplistic ways of putting it.
Old 21-05-2013, 20:19   #36
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

It's showing now & as you can see they're playing to the camera, their 5 minutes of fame & a lifetime of infamy. The attitudes on display (the youngsters) are most certainly not those of someone concerned about finding employment.

A depressing indictment of modern Britain.
Old 21-05-2013, 21:02   #37
God Member

even if they wanted jobs there is not enough to go around.we need to be radical in this country by creating full employment.this is the only way to cure this.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 21-05-2013, 21:03   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
You really are on a planet within you're own mind, please stop posting, I can't think of any more simplistic ways of putting it.
I'll stop posting when you do. You aren't being simplistic - just simple.
Old 21-05-2013, 21:11   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
It's also about social opinion, go to a wedding for example, meet strangers, they ask what do you do?
Just tell them you`re a support worker.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 21:17   #40

Skint. Channel 4

Quote:
I'll stop posting when you do. You aren't being simplistic - just simple.
Oh, I'm shocked and hurt!

How could I possibly match a mind with such a comeback as yours?

However, that isn't what shocks me, nor is it the item that hurts me.

What shocks and hurts me is how someone like you can't think along lines other than from selfishness, you started work when there was plenty of work, times have changed don't pronounce judgement without feeling some empathy for the way those seeking work struggle because work isn't there.
Old 22-05-2013, 07:43   #41
God Member

Maybe if the government grew some bollox and actually stopped people coming in from other countries there WOULD be enough jobs for everyone
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 22-05-2013, 08:16   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
even if they wanted jobs there is not enough to go around.we need to be radical in this country by creating full employment.this is the only way to cure this.
Pray tell us when was the last time there was full employment in this country, there are always those who won't work no matter how many jobs are on offer, they're quite happy to sit there and be kept by the state, you know it, I know it, but you won't admit it
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 08:19   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Maybe if the government grew some bollox and actually stopped people coming in from other countries there WOULD be enough jobs for everyone
That can't happen while we're part of the EU Shaz, that's one of the reasons so many want out
flashy likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 08:21   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
....there are always those who won't work no matter how many jobs are on offer, they're quite happy to sit there and be kept by the state, you know it, I know it, but you won't admit it
And then some of them rub our noses in it by openly flaunting it.

Last edited by gpick24; 22-05-2013 at 08:26. Reason: change wording
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 14:12   #45
God Member

Quote:
Watched the first 5 minutes then turned off, it was made to get a reaction, looks like it got the one they wanted.
Wouldn't have done if it just showed someone doing shopping once a fortnight at ASDA stocking up from the oops isle then hibernating until next pay day.
very true its as though this show is designed to make teh public think that all people on benefits are living the dream and have way more money than working folk do

with things getting worse and not better i wonder if any of these self righteous lot looking down tehir noses at ANYONE on benefits will care to let us know how they are getting on if they loose their job.

say about 3 or 4 months down the line when their savings have gone and the gas bill needs paying because teh prices have gone up or they need some new clothes but have nothing left after food and bedroom tax decuctions etc.

it wont matter if you have worked all your life and paid national insurance and tax.The second you sign on or sign off sick your scum

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..