Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2009, 10:44   #1
Resting in Peace

Sky anytime

If anybody has Sky anytime I can recommend a film that is running at the moment, its called Cloverfield, it starts of very slow and makes you believe its all amatuerly shot, but the special effects are great and its well worth a watch
Old 02-03-2009, 20:35   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Sky anytime

I have Anytime turned off on mine, but I saw this film a few months ago on Blu-ray.

Not wishing to be argumentative, but I thought the film was very poor. I understood what the producers were trying to do, but although some critics raved about the film as an innovative piece of filmmaking, haven't we seen it all before in The Blair Witch Project?

The whole thing felt like Friends with a few jumpy bits inserted and the development of the characters was woeful. Needless to say, I sold the Blu-ray 10 minutes after the film finished and I haven't looked back.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:55   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I have Anytime turned off on mine, but I saw this film a few months ago on Blu-ray.

Not wishing to be argumentative, but I thought the film was very poor. I understood what the producers were trying to do, but although some critics raved about the film as an innovative piece of filmmaking, haven't we seen it all before in The Blair Witch Project?

The whole thing felt like Friends with a few jumpy bits inserted and the development of the characters was woeful. Needless to say, I sold the Blu-ray 10 minutes after the film finished and I haven't looked back.
Well each to his own TM. In fact I didn't see the Blair Witch Project, I thought it was a publicity stunt for Tony's wife
Old 03-03-2009, 13:24   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well each to his own TM. In fact I didn't see the Blair Witch Project, I thought it was a publicity stunt for Tony's wife
No comment!
Old 03-03-2009, 20:07   #5

i watched half of it this morning , i thought it was good , will watch the rest after footy tonight !!
ian
ian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 17:01   #6

I watched 1/2 on avi, it made me feel sea sick all the moving around of the camera
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:40   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
I watched 1/2 on avi, it made me feel sea sick all the moving around of the camera
I was well into a bottle of white wine when I watched it, just swayed with the flow

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..