Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Accrington Forum News
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Forum News Read about the latest happenings on our site.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2004, 21:12   #16
Accy Goddess

Re: Thieving Bastards......

I cant tell you how sorry i am Roy.
It's the pictures of Nina going that will hurt the most.
You cant replaice those.
Then there's that unclean feeling that someone has intruded in your home.
It's an unfair world that we live in.
What comes around goes around Roy. Not that thats any comfort.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-12-2004, 21:42   #17
rob

"This is what I get for coming to spend christmas in this area.. Me thinks Hyndburn is definately not going to be my home for much longer."

gutted for you roy, esp with the pictures, but i wouldn't call hyndburn for being a high crime area, could have happened anywhere?

good luck in recovering your stuff though!

rob
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2004, 05:44   #18

Post Re: Thieving Bastards......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthedj
This country's law is crap, it dosn't detare any crime. In other country's they chop their hands off
ANOTHER reason to move abroad - Gutted for you Roymeister...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2004, 11:08   #19
Len
God Member

Sorry to here of your lose Roy.
I’ve no doubt you will be fuming I know I would. Makes you wonder how these low lives know ones not at home. It was probably just chance. To me there are no excuses for this sort of thing. We work hard for what we have and it’s not cheap. These people end up in court and it turns out that most have been abuse in one way or another (joke, isn’t it). So they end up with everyone not involved feeling sorry for them.
Anyhow I shall shut up now I could rant about this subject for ages.

Donate to Accyweb here:
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2004, 12:33   #20

As much as I sympathise with the loss of your possessions Roy and understand how angry you must feel that someone has done this to you I cannot help but think that certain other recent events put this into perspective somewhat.

I've just seen Sara's thread about the Asian earthquake/tsunami where people have lost not only their possessions but their homes and in many cases their loved ones and still face the threat of spreading disease. Although your burglary is inexcusable, apart from the photographs you will be able to replace most of your belongings as I presume you have insurance cover.

Whilst reading the messages of sympathy from other members I was reminded of the fact that one of the board's members lost his daughter this Christmas and I didn't see many messages of sympathy for him. Perhaps you missed it in the midst of other postings, or perhaps you sent him private messages of sympathy but at first glance it seems that the loss of material goods seems to be more important to many people than the loss of a life.
Gobsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2004, 15:10   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobsmacked

Whilst reading the messages of sympathy from other members I was reminded of the fact that one of the board's members lost his daughter this Christmas and I didn't see many messages of sympathy for him. Perhaps you missed it in the midst of other postings, or perhaps you sent him private messages of sympathy but at first glance it seems that the loss of material goods seems to be more important to many people than the loss of a life.
Hey gobsmacked that it terrible, can you tell me the name of the thread and where to find it so I can offer my condolences to the person concerned. I have searched all over the place and cannot find.
Shane. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2004, 01:26   #22

as much as i feel sorry for the people of asia and realise how lucky we are its still damn annoying to spend most of your life working and then for some useless waste of society to walk in your home and take everything you ve worked for i got in today about 7ish to find my patio door handle and my backdoor handle completely bent like someone has been swinging on them to try and get in .This is now the second time since ive moved up the top end of ossy in the last two years but they did more damage last time .I ve lived in ossy for 28 years and never had any bother living near the rhyddings park end think i ll be moving back down there after xmas .Im now sat up all night in case they return except this time the damage will be to there heads
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2004, 07:52   #23
God Member

What terrible news. Nothing it seems is sacred to some people. You work hard and try to make a difference and get kicked in the teeth for your efforts. You must be absolutely sickened Roy, I know I would be.

The really annoying thing is though, that the Police are probably aware of who the likely culprits are, but cannot touch them for lack of evidence. I think the time has come for a root and branch overhaul of the way drug related crime is dealt with. I am sick of hearing of criminals getting off scott-free on technicalities. It strikes me that it is the legal profession, who are adept in in finding loopholes in the law, who should be held accountable for the fact that there are so many thieves at large in society.

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 30-12-2004 at 10:29.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2004, 11:27   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobsmacked
I didn't realise this, how tragic. You never expect your children to go before yourself, can't imagine how anyone copes with a death of a child. Must be a nightmare.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2004, 18:16   #25
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
It makes me sick to think that your stuff will probably be sold to get enough money for 2 £10 bags of heroin and a £5 rock of crack.
your being robbed at these prices !
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 21:37   #26
Senior Member+

No aloss of a child does mean a lot more.I eas moved to tears where the man in Asia hels his son crying
Old 01-01-2005, 23:51   #27
Junior Member+

shoot, well that's no good. I've just been up to Accy for Christmas and perhaps an indication of how it is is that a friend of mine up in Bash had his sons snowman stolen from the front garden. Move, most of us find that the upheaval is worth it
StvKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:57   #28

This kind of thing just justifies why I moved away. I never had to deal with a house break-in but I did have a car, van and motorbike stolen. I have some fond memories of accy but would never move back with the way things are going.
Bryon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 16:04   #29
Senior Member+

Sorry to hear it Roy!
It was the Tuesday before Christmas that there was a program on TV about Druggies in Burnley nicking to feed drug habits that was very interesting insight.I suppose it's like this all over the country in Accrington etc.many of the people are very unintelligent - it is like this all over the place only way to stop it is via security etc
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 16:40   #30
I am Banned

Exclamation Re: Thieving Bastards......

yes i saw that. very intresting
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..