Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Accrington Forum News
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Forum News Read about the latest happenings on our site.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2005, 16:53   #31

Re: Thieving Bastards......

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx
Sorry to hear it Roy!
It was the Tuesday before Christmas that there was a program on TV about Druggies in Burnley nicking to feed drug habits that was very interesting insight.I suppose it's like this all over the country in Accrington etc.many of the people are very unintelligent - it is like this all over the place only way to stop it is via security etc
Every timt i go into my local chemist early morning there will be 2 or 3 people given a bottle to drink in front of the staff containing methadone, a substitute for heroin that is more addictive.
bobthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2005, 16:57   #32

even with security they ll get in if they want how many times have you walked past or heard a house burglar alarm going off and no sign of the police people just dont bother neighbourhood watch is out the window .My works was robbed xmas eve and we d just fitted a new solid steel door on the safe where all the tools are somehow they still managed to get it off and must have made some noise yet no one on the nearby street heard a thing or just wasnt bothered more like as with what they d taken must have took them ages carrying it all out
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 17:07   #33
Resident Waffler

We had a burglary once - well almost. The alarm went off and must actually have deterred them. The police were waiting outside of the house when we got home and asked us to go in and check if anything was missing. Afterwards I thought maybe they should have been the ones to go in first because the burglars could still have been in there and armed but at the time that didn't dawn on me.

We went in and found a Sony walkman still playing in the dining room and a hacksaw on the bathroom floor - nothing missing at all. The policeman laughed and said we might as well keep the walkman and the hacksaw and it was the first burglary he'd ever known where the victims ended up gaining something.

I can't help thinking times have changed. Doubt the police would even bother about an alarm now.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 14:31   #34

I'm sorry that you got your goods stolen Roy. It's not so much the cost, its loosing what you had, especially the photos and personal things.

Come back over to Deutschland. It's not that bad at the moment, but the thieves are on the increase over here too.

There's no justice anywhere currently, and no chance of you getting your kit back either!

Comiserations mate!
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 22:21   #35
I am Banned

sorry to hear it roy, moi shall keep a lookout
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 21:55   #36

Sorry to hear you were robbed Any news yet
Angel 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 17:59   #37
Senior Member+

Yeh Bob the Methadone is supposed to wean them off the Heroin but it's just a ongoing situation few get off the Heroin....this poses the Question - "Should Drugs be Legalised?"
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 18:05   #38
Senior Member+

Or you do what my sister did.She sold thze methadone to get some other drugs.Party drugs legalised yes! eg. Pot or hash.Hard stuff no.But guys we had this on the forum about 1.5 years ago and it led to a lot of bad feelings
Old 11-01-2005, 18:12   #39
Resident Waffler

I think that's why they now have to stand in the chemists and drink the methadone so they don't have the opportunity to sell it.

Old 21-01-2005, 10:50   #40
Senior Member+

Not all have to,I know someone who gets a weeks supply of it in a bottle and takes it home.

Yeh the drugs debate is very controversial - people should be able to do what they like bla bla

I had heroine twice and I knew it had a vice like grip so I left it alone!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2005, 12:36   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx
Yeh the drugs debate is very controversial - people should be able to do what they like bla bla
I agree that people should be able to do what they like, but within reason ie as long as the consequences of what they do do not have a detrimental effect on others, and as long as it is not illegal.

In this I am talking about the costs to the taxpayer for helping people get off heroin, or the costs of custodial sentences for committing offences, etc. The list could go on and on...

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2005, 15:55   #42
Resident Waffler

Totally agree with you Vorlon.

All very well the idea that people should be allowed to do as they please but look how much crime is drug related. When people are addicted how do they fund their addiction? Why should other people have to suffer because of them?

That's quite apart from the cost to the NHS when the money could be better spent elsewhere.

If it were a case of whatever a drug addict brings upon themselves they should suffer the consequences at no cost to the rest of society and if they obtained their drugs without recourse to theft and damage of other people's property you might, just might have a leg to stand on kestrelx.

But that's before we get to the issue of pushers at the school gates trying to force the vile stuff upon our kids.

Having been the victim of a mugging by someone under the influence of drugs don't expect me ever to approve of them. Can't see Roy feeling kindly towards whoever his burglar was either and 9 times out of 10 so I'm told by police such burglaries are committed by drug addicts.

Yes heroin has a vice like grip and obviously not everyone is able to resist.

Old 22-01-2005, 03:02   #43
Senior Member+

i'm sorry to hear bout this mate

i'll keep an eye out for things...

what did th ecops say? any chance of gettin them?
Old 06-02-2005, 22:54   #44

BELIEVE ME, THE POLICE VIEW IT AS JUST ANOTHER JOB COS THEY KNOW WHAT WE DO, THE SODS WILL GET AWAY WITH IT COS THE LAW DOESNT BACK US OR THE BOYS IN BLUE UP. I KNOW QUITE A FEW BY MY JOB & THEY ARE JUST AS DISOLUTIONED AS US. BRING BACK THE OLD DAYS WHEN THEY HANDED EM OVER FOR 5 MINS &........ BETTER STILL CHANGE THE LAW SO THEY ARE MADE TO PAY SO IT HURTS, LETS FACE IT THE TOERAGS HAVE ENOUGH TO SMOKE & GO THE BOOZER, WHICH MOST HARD WORKING FOLK CAN'T. tHE OLD JEWISH LAW SET OUT IF YOU STOLE A SHEEP & GOT CAUGHT YOU HAD TO PAY 7 TIMES BACK-DONT SEE ANYTHING WRONG IN ADAPTING THAT. CANT PAY, WONT PAY, THEN TAKE IT OUT AT SOURCE IE THEIR BENEFITS!
BIG AL
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:15   #45
Senior Member+

And not just as a percentage either - stop their benefits until the debt is fully repaid (none of this fannying around with £2.50 each week)

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..