Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Karma Rule Change? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/karma-rule-change-43811.html)

jambutty 10-11-2008 16:01

Karma Rule Change?

“You have given too much Karma in the last 24 hours, try again later.” is a phrase that I keep on seeing these days.

As I understand it the maximum number of Karma awards that can be made in 24 hours is TWO. Yet this last week or so I seem to be limited to 1 in 24 hours.

The last time that I made an award was 6 days ago.

Today I made an award and when trying to reward someone else I got the “You have given too much Karma in the last 24 hours, try again later.” message.

jaysay 10-11-2008 16:04

Re: Karma Rule Change?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 649151)
“You have given too much Karma in the last 24 hours, try again later.” is a phrase that I keep on seeing these days.

As I understand it the maximum number of Karma awards that can be made in 24 hours is TWO. Yet this last week or so I seem to be limited to 1 in 24 hours.

The last time that I made an award was 6 days ago.

Today I made an award and when trying to reward someone else I got the “You have given too much Karma in the last 24 hours, try again later.” message.

Trouble with you JB is your to bloody generous:D

jambutty 10-11-2008 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 649152)
Trouble with you JB is your to bloody generous:D

Not very helpful!

flashy 10-11-2008 17:13

i noticed that too JB, i used to be able to give it twice in a day, but can't anymore :( can only give it once :(

MargaretR 10-11-2008 17:16

The owner of this forum has the right to operate the karma system as he sees fit.
I suspect that he has given me bad karma recently :D
It is sometimes used to stimulate controversy and get us wound up - just don't let it;)

K-P 10-11-2008 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 649187)
i noticed that too JB, i used to be able to give it twice in a day, but can't anymore

same here.. and i cant give it at all in the morning

eh? what?

flashy 10-11-2008 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-P (Post 649231)
same here.. and i cant give it at all in the morning

eh? what?

please rephrase that Kipax lol:rolleyes:

garinda 10-11-2008 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 649189)
The owner of this forum has the right to operate the karma system as he sees fit.
It is sometimes used to stimulate controversy and get us wound up - just don't let it;)

In the past Roy has changed the settings so you can award unlimited karma for a certain amount of time.

Try and give me some again Jambutty, it may let you this time.;)

keetah992000 10-11-2008 19:54

lol oo er this just keeps getting more obsene :D

jambutty 11-11-2008 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 649189)

I am not questioning the right of the forum owner to do what he pleases with this forum but if there is to be a rule change, surely members should be notified.

jambutty 11-11-2008 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 649238)
In the past Roy has changed the settings so you can award unlimited karma for a certain amount of time.

Try and give me some again Jambutty, it may let you this time.;)

But did Roy tell us?

You’ve got enough Karma but you could give me some so that I could give the less fortunate people a bit more than I can do now.

garinda 11-11-2008 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 649472)
But did Roy tell us?

You’ve got enough Karma but you could give me some so that I could give the less fortunate people a bit more than I can do now.

No he doesn't tell us, it's only when you realise you can give, give, give, you realise there's a karma free for all.

Sadly I can't award you any karma, as I too have to spread it about, and obviously haven't given out much since your garden thread, which was ages ago, and which must mean I'm tight.:D

flashy 11-11-2008 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 649478)
must mean I'm tight.:D

:eek:

Benipete 11-11-2008 15:51

I no understand????:(:(

derekgas 11-11-2008 15:58

I too noticed this, and as a result, Bernadette, flashy, Neil and others have received no karma from me, maybe I am too generous and you dont deserve me! :p